Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK
    Okay, April is going to do a BLITZ thread on this for tomorrow... I think I read that up above. Are they trying to combine 2 bills together. Is this what is going on...so I have some idea of what to say?
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Okay, April is going to do a BLITZ thread on this for tomorrow... I think I read that up above. Are they trying to combine 2 bills together. Is this what is going on...so I have some idea of what to say?
    JAK, they are trying to put the ag's bill HR371 and S237 into the farm bill of 2007, there is no # for the bill yet so we will just tell them not to try it we will not stand for amnesty for guest workers. up a couple of posts is a letter I wrote that I'm going to fax to everyone because I mentioned the "Dream Act" also I know they are going to sneak it into something.

I'm, so glad April is doing a Blitz thread, this thread has had 466 hits since 2:30 thats alot so I hope we get alot of people involved and we need to get it out to the media and talk radio in the morning. I also need to finish faxing Williams stuff for Colorada!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Thanks SoSad!!!

Colorado?
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks SoSad!!!

Colorado?
    I know noticed it after I posted and didn't want to take the time to fix it I'm a very busy girl!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Looks like they are having field hearing on the farm bill, Tom Harkin is the Chairman

Field Hearing - 2007 Farm Bill: Expanding Montana's Agricultural Opportunities
    Monday, July 2, 2007
    11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
    Commission Chambers at Great Falls Civic Center
    2 Park Drive South
    Great Falls, Montana
    A hearing focusing primarily on farm bill policy proposals relating to farm and rural energy issues and rural development.

April
    Yes, Jak, below is what CAPS Alert said today. They are at it again!!!! The are probably not going to stop being underhanded until Bush is out of office!

Stymied in their attempts to pass a massive increase in immigration, proponents of this notion are trying to attach pieces of the "comprehensive" bill to funding legislation. A major effort is underway to include the AgJobs bill as part of the 2007 Farm Bill Reauthorization.

As presently written, the AgJobs legislation would provide an amnesty for illegal aliens engaged in agricultural work and their spouses and children-potentially 3 million people-and would provide few safeguards against fraud in the application process. It also relaxes the standards for H-2A agricultural guest worker visas.
    Contrary to claims of amnesty proponents, the agricultural labor portion of fresh produce constitutes only 7-10% of the purchase price. A doubling of the pay of farm workers would lead only to a minor increase in this portion of a grocery bill.
    Nothing will prevent agribusiness from hiring new illegal aliens to replace those who are legalized this time. Each amnesty and guest worker program depresses the wages of agricultural workers and other working poor by providing an endless supply of cheap labor.
    The 1986 amnesty led to increases in illegal immigration. This proposal will be no different.
    After a few years, "temporary" workers could apply for a green card and eventually citizenship.

Thanks SoSad!!!

Colorado?
    DUH! Illinois, don't want to confuse anyone

Good letter, SOSAD, but you kind of went downhill after you posted that. Just kidding!

As for recalling Senators somebody was mentioning in the previous post. Some U.S. Senators can't be recalled. Idaho is one of them. Don't worry, if it could be done, Craig would've been gone by now. Congress has to recall them if they're not doing their job. That just about speaks for all of them, doesn't it?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Good letter, SOSAD, but you kind of went downhill after you posted that. Just kidding!

As for recalling Senators somebody was mentioning in the previous post. Some U.S. Senators can't be recalled. Idaho is one of them. Don't worry, if it could be done, Craig would've been gone by now. Congress has to recall them if they're not doing their job. That just about speaks for all of them, doesn't it?
    Ya some states have passed their own laws for recalling, there is no federal law!!

I go down hill in a hurry sometimes!! I can not find any action on this farm bill at all except field hearing! but I am still searching

I don't think there's been any action on it yet. I think it's still in the talking stage. But we'll be ready when it surfaces.

Speaking of going downhill, as you get older it gets harder to get back up the hill.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast