Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feinstein response:

Dear Mr. xxx:

I received your letter and understand your support for reauthorizing the electronic employment verification program, E-Verify.

On September 27, 2008, the Senate passed the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 that provides an extension of the termination date of the E-Verify program, permitting its operation until March 6, 2009. This legislation also appropriates $100 million for E-Verify for the fiscal year 2009. The President signed this Act into law on September 30, 2008 (Public Law 110-329).

Like you, I am deeply concerned about the loss of U.S. jobs. I believe the government should be tough and smart in its approach to addressing the problems in the current immigration system. I support a comprehensive approach to reforming U.S. immigration laws, including strong measures to ensure that American workers are hired first and programs to help employers confirm a legal workforce and reduce unauthorized employment in the United States.

I recognize that E-Verify is a priority for you in the debate on immigration reform in the United States. I will certainly be mindful of your support for this program should the Senate have an opportunity to debate this issue in the near future. If you have any additional comments or questions, I encourage you to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

I made my calls early this morning.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I made my calls early this morning.
    ditto baby

This driving me crazy waiting to find out what is going to happen to E-verify.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been working continuously on this and the Indiana stuff. I heard a lot of people suggesting tabling the Indiana bill until E-verify has been extended since it is the backbone of the bill.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12