Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Action Request - Comment on Green Cards without expirations

ACTION REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!

I need you to leave public comments about the following issue.

You will have until Sept. 21 to do so.
    This is important that you take action now. I feel you should support this proposed rule change.

Public Comment

The US Customs and Immigration Service USCIS has proposed a rule change concerning green cards (Permanent Resident Cards) that do not have expiration dates.

The proposed rule, which has yet to meet final approval, could affect about 750,000 permanent residents who received green cards that did not list expiration dates between 1979 and 1989.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced the proposal earlier this week and the agency is seeking public comment on the proposal.

If the measure wins final approval, affected permanent residents would have 120 days to apply for a replacement green card. If they don't, the green card would be invalid, which could hinder some immigrants' ability to work in the U.S., USCIS officials said.

Note: The newly issued cards will have biometric identification capabilities built into them.

Read more about it:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 017#457017

If you would like additional information, please let me know and I will direct you to more info.

How to submit a public comment.

Search for the document to leave a comment.
    http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

Choose U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
    Document ID: USCIS-2007-0048-0001

1) Click on the above link.

2) In Search Documents Go to Optional Step 4

3) Choose Document ID

4) Choose Exact Phrase

5) Put the Document ID number, including the USCIS prefix, exactly as shown above in the blank next to Choose Document ID.

6) Press Submit to go to the Document Search Results

7) On the far right you will see the header Comments Add/Due By. Click on the small icon that looks like a comment bubble.

Note: Under the header Views are copies of the proposed rules in PDF and HTML(web based page)

8) This will take you to the Submitter Information and you will see the Document information for Application Process for Replacing Forms I–551 Without an Expiration Date

9) Fill out the form and submit.

For more instructions on how to submit a comment, please go to:

http://www.regulations.gov

Your comment must be received before September 21st.

Things to consider when commenting.

Cards without expirations dates can be shared, sold or misused, if a replacement is issued for an allegedly lost or stolen card. In essence, this is actually placing the duplicated card in the hands of an unauthorized user.

This will reduce the number of fake, duplicated and forged green cards, as well as, make them more easily detectable to government agencies and officers.

This should have been done after the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

120 days is not an unreasonable amount of time to respond to a government request. It is the same amount of time allotted for filing an federal income tax return.

It's going to effect more than the 750,000 permanent residents. It's going to effect every illegal alien running around with a fake green card.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK. DONE!!! YES I BET THERE ARE PLENTY OF ILLEGALS RUNNING AROUND WITH "REPLACEMENT" GREEN CARDS....OR GREEN CARDS THAT BELONG TO A RELATIVE OR FRIEND WHO DIED OR WENT BACK HOME PERMANANTLY
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Done

Thanks Y'all!!!!!

Please post a message if you are able to send a comment. Also, let us know any other thoughts you might have about this so it will help others that are going to make comments. redpony added a very good point to my suggestions.

Feel free to share this information with other like minded people across the internet!

Dixie

If milk has an expiration date, green cards can have them too. Comment submitted.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

I'll do it.

April
    DONE!

I'm on it.

Thanks for requesting us to do this.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Passports and Drivers Licenses expire. Why is it so unreasonable for Green Cards to?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

April
    Bttt

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast