Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alan Keyes

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... nters.html

Black, Conservative Alan Keyes Enters 2008 Presidential Campaign
    Alan Keyes Focuses on Renewing American Constitutional Government
    By Lenora Murdock
    Published Sep 15, 2007
    Alan Keyes, sighting his concern with the lack of backbone on moral issues in the Republican Party, officially filed to run in the 2008 Presidential Campaign. According to Renewamerica.us, Keyes formally filed his Statement of Candidacy with the Federal Election Commission. He announced his candidacy on a nationally syndicated radio talk show with host Janet Parshall.

Although a lesser known candidate, this is not Alan Keyes first run for the presidency. He also ran as a Republican in 1996 and 2000.

Alan Keyes is an eleven year veteran of the U.S. State Department. He has served in U.S. Foreign Service, on the National Security Council, as President Ronald Reagan's Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations, and has represented the United States at the U.N. Economic and Social Council. Articulate and decisive, Alan Keyes has hosted his own radio and television talk shows. He is also an author and speaker. And now, he is a Republican candidate for President of the United States of America. Prior to entering the U.S. State Department, Alan Keyes received his doctorate in government from Harvard.

Among Keyes concerns are the re-establishment of the moral strength behind traditional conservatism of the Republican Party. Alan Keyes is known and recognized as an ultra-conservative. He is unabashedly pro-life and pro-family. He is quick to site the denigration of morality in the United States, and in previous elections he brought moral issues into the Republican discussion. He is also quick to point to the United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as the basis for his political stance and motivation.

In a September 9, 2007, C-Span interview Alan Keyes quickly admitted that any key to his success would be based on the ability to motivate a grassroots campaign. He rebutted a question about whether his candidacy was really about obtaining the presidency, or influencing the process by stating that his running had nothing to do with personal ambition and everything to do with the principles and morals upon which he stands. If that leads him to the presidency, Keyes said, "That's what will happen."

When questioned about his qualifications for president, Alan Keyes drove home his point that politics is a matter for all citizens, and that is the process in which he is engaging. According to Keyes, party label is insignificant to beliefs. He considers himself a Christian first, an American second, and a Republican because that is the party with which his moral beliefs align.

He has decided to run again for president, in the 2008 election because he believes it is an important part of his life's work, important to God, and important to people who are concerned about the destruction of our self-government.

Alan Keyes stances on the issues will be examined in future articles.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Kniggit,

Thanks for this post, it may be over a year old but I am really glad to see it now.

I voted for him when he ran against Obama for the Senate here in Illinois. The Republican Party imported him to Illinois to have someone (anyone) to run against Obama. (O-Ya, someone who was black to run against black Obama.) Nobody really expected him to win against Obama. So the point to really note here is that Obama really had was a shoe in, and really HAS NO REAL EXPERINCE – AT ALL! So remember that when people talk to you about voting for him Nov 2008. (Not that Hillary is any better).
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I'm alittle confused is Keyes from Ill, or Utah?

I thought the name looked familiar when I read it
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I hadnt heard anything about Keyes in a long time and wondered why!
    He is absolutely brilliant and the truest of true patriots.
    Maybe its time for that third party and no one better could represent it.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

Actually, according to the story above he's from Maryland
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit

Actually, according to the story above he's from Maryland
    AH, thanks "kniggit" I missed "whatmattersmost" post!!

I watched the whole 45 minutes and will watch it again, when I have a little extra time!! :P I don't know if he could make it to president, I need to see how he stands on other issure, but he is one heck of a speaker, he keeps you interested, I would like to see more of his speeches. I don't remember him in other elections.What a shame he didn't win instead of Obama.

To bad Colin Powell didn't at least give us the opportunity to hear his views on the different issues. Man he sure ran from the Bush admin., can't say as I blame him!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm not sure of his real origin, but the Republican Party imported him to Illinois just for this election against Obama. He would stay here if he won, but he didn't so went back home. Like I said, I don't remember is place of origin. Either way I wish he had won, he has a lot of good positions on many issues.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

SoSad, he is from Maryland, but he has come to UT to speak on several ocassions.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

As I said, I am a real fan of Keyes, however, I wish he would not enter the race. His chances of winning are slim to none and I am afraid he will pull enough of the votes away from the three that might be electable.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I"ve always loved Alan Keyes, too, for his pro-life stance most of all. He's run before, but is always branded a religious conservative extremist radical whatever .. . .it's just awful. He's SO articulate and such a patriot.

I'd love to listen to this. He's always right on. ..but guys like him NEVER seem to have a chance. Our system is just too polluted ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123