Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALERT!!! Idaho Needs Help!!!!

Idaho State Senator Mike Jorgenson has introduced bill number S1303 to the Senate State Affairs Committee. Full information on this legislation is at the link in Alipac Activism & Focus Campaigns:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-187016.html

If passed, this bill will do these things:

-Makes it mandatory for employers to use E-Verify for all new hires.

-Makes it a state law for applicants who are changing their out of state driver's license to an Idaho license, show proof of citizenship.

-Denies social benefits to applicants using an out of state driver's license. They will have to show an Idaho license or ID card.

-Requires that driver's license testing be written in English only with no translators.

-Cuts off any state funding to cities that become "sanctuaries" for illegal aliens.

However, the pro amnesty crowd has enlisted the help of some of the other Idaho legislators to introduce a similar bill that has no teeth in it which will allow business as usual where employers will get no penalties for hiring illegal aliens. These other legislators are more beholden to the big agricultural and dairy businesses who hire illegal aliens than they are to the people who elected them into office.

Senator Jorgenson is afraid that his bill, S1303, will get shoved aside in favor of this other weaker bill. He is suspicious that his bill will get killed in the Senate State Affairs Committee hearing and never get heard on the Senate floor for an up or down vote. We need to make sure Senator Jorgenson’s bill gets passed and that the other weaker bill is the one that gets shoved aside.

This is going to be a hard battle because the House is also introducing two other bills that have equally weak language in them, making E-Verify voluntary only, which will have no enforcement. It’s the plan of the pro amnesty opposition to flood the Legislative body with these weaker bills that have no enforcement so that Senator Jorgenson’s bill never gets a chance to be heard. We can’t let that happen.

We need as many of you as possible to respond to this call to help push S1303 forward.
    Please contact the Senate State Affairs Committee members below and insist that Senator Jorgenson’s bill S1303 gets a fair hearing, then gets moved to the Senate floor to get voted on as soon as possible.

Here’s a sample letter to take some talking points from, but please craft your own for more effect.

Dear Senator

At a time when almost 70,000 Idahoans are out of work, there are tens of thousands of illegal aliens holding jobs in this state. We need Senator Jorgenson’s bill S1303 passed to make sure only legal residents are getting these jobs. The alternative bill that was introduced doesn’t not insure that employers are held accountable for hiring legal workers and allows businesses to continue hiring illegal aliens with no penalties. Idahoans deserve to see that S1303 gets a fair hearing, then gets moved to the floor for a vote. Anything short of passing bill S1303 is denying Idahoans the full representation they deserve.

Sincerely,

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Idaho State Affairs Committee:
    Contact the following state affairs committee members for Bill S1303

Switchboard: 208-332-1326

Committee Members Contact Information:

Chairman:
    Senator Curt McKenzie
    Phone: 208-367-9400
    Fax: 208-947-0014
    email: cmckenzi@senate.idaho.gov

Vice Chairman:
    Senator Monty J. Pearce
    Phone: 208-278-5408
    email: mpearce@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Denton Darrington
    Phone: 208-654-2712
    email: ddarring@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Robert L. Geddes
    Phone: 208-547-2423
    Fax: 208-334-2320
    email: rlgeddes@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Bart M. Davis
    Phone: 208-529-4993
    Fax: 208-522-1334
    email: bmdavis@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Joe Stegner
    Phone: 208-743-3032
    Fax: 208-743-3032
    email: jstegner@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Russell M. Fulcher
    Phone: 208-332-1340
    Fax:208-332-1422
    email: Rfulcher@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Clint Stennett
    Phone: 208-726-8106
    Fax: 208-726-8106
    email: stennett@senate.idaho.gov

Senator Kate Kelly
    Phone: 208-850-7217
    email: Kate@katekellysenate.org
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the letter I sent to the committee members, to help others compose a letter.

Please contact the committee members so we can get this bill to the floor of the Senate, this is so important to us and we need your support

To the Honorable Senator Kate Kelly,

I am writing to ask you to please support Sen. Jorgensons SB 1303 and get it to the Senate floor this year, e-verify is a must to slow down and undo some of the damage illegal immigration has done to the state of Idaho and our country. It is time to protect out of work Idahoans, any program that is 97% effective is as good as we will ever get, nothing will ever be 100% accurate. E-verify is free and easy, regardless of the lies going on to discredit it from people seeking cheap labor.

Anyone who's Social Security # is in question has time to fix the problem. I for one would want to know if some one else was using my SS# so I have the opportunity to fix it...Illegal aliens are the only ones who can not fix something being wrong with something they don't have legally.

Ten other states have passed mandatory E-Verify bills and three others have issued executive orders, hundreds of thousands of businesses across the U.S. are using e-verifiy, if it is working for them there is no reason it will not work for Idaho, unless our politicians are not working for or willing to protect Idahoans their jobs and communities , which is what it will tell me of anyone who refuses to support SB 1303.

The drivers license part of S1303 is important because we have two states right next door to us who have issued drivers licenses to illegal alien, need I mention Timothy Wolf to prove how important this portion of the bill is.

The two bills in the house have no teeth, they are worthless and those who wrote the bills are well aware of it. We don't need any worthless bills, we need Representative's with some guts willing to do what is right for American citizens, residence of Idaho and their families.

I know I don't even need to get into the cost of illegal aliens, Our Representatives as well as taxpayers are well aware of the cost and you can not talk about being fiscally responsible and not talk about illegal aliens in the same breath.

I am a member of the Idaho tea party patriots and I will do everything in my power to remove anyone from office who refuses to support S1303 legislation.

Please consider this request with all due respect and honesty for Idahoans, and not big business and their cheap labor. I sincerely hope Idahoans can count on your support.

Thank you,
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The email links weren't working, but they are fixed now.

Come on, everyone! Let's give 'em hell!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the letter I sent to ALL the Idaho Senators last week. It may be helpful to get some talking points from.

Dear Senator

With the Obama administration gutting our immigration laws and all but stopping deportation of illegal aliens, which is contrary to the dictates of the 1996 Illegal Immigration & Immigrant Responsibility Act, it is now up to the states to enforce immigration laws to protect the welfare of their own citizens. Senator Jorgenson’s bill S1303 will do just that for Idaho. S1303 was written with the assistant of the expertise of Kris Kobach, whose aid on similar legislation for Arizona has allowed that legislation to repeatedly hold up against the opposition in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

I am aware of a separate weaker bill introduced by Senator McGee, and of the possibility of another similarly weaker bill being introduced by Representatives Hart and Labrador, and it’s my opinion that we can no longer keep enacting meaningless legislation in Idaho that allows business as usual, and continues to give a wink and a nod to employers who hire illegal aliens. We need the stiff enforcement that only Senator Jorgenson’s bill provides and we need all the Idaho legislators to get on board with him and get it passed. Anything less than passing S1303 is cheating the Idaho taxpayers out of the representation they deserve.

The Idaho people are finally awake to the growing problem of illegal immigration in this state, and contrary to the false claims by ICAN and other pro amnesty groups that the majority want an earned path to citizenship for those who came here in violation of federal law, the truth is quite the opposite. Almost 80% of Idahoans are tired of paying millions of dollars each year for services for the illegal aliens here, and want them to leave our state so that the 70,000 unemployed can go back to work. They are against any form of amnesty whatsoever, and according to a Pulse Opinion Research Poll, 78% of the American people nationwide, feel the same way. Nationwide 67% of the American people favor raids at the workplace if there is suspicion of hiring illegal aliens.

As legislators, it is your duty to represent the citizens of Idaho, not the illegal aliens who have no right to be here in the first place. It is also your duty to do all you can to lift this unnecessary burden from the backs of the Idaho taxpayers, because the illegal aliens who have come here uninvited are not the responsibility of the people of this state. Support S1303.

tinybob, I pray that common sense and wisdom override corruption and special interests. Idaho and the American people need protection against illegal immigration.

Thank you SoSad and tinybob for the letter writing examples

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

You're welcome, Georgia. Thanks for pitching in.

It would help if you could give an Idaho address to write from. You can PM it, to avoid snooping people.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I didn't put an address, these are direct links so you don't need to fill out any forms, just send an e-mail.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for your help everyone we really need it and we really need this bill to move forward!!

Every state that passes e-verifiy can only help and encourge the other states to do the same.

working4change
    Just checking in..I will get some emails out now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast