Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Okay so this is a House bill that has passed and has gone to committee in the Senate and they are adding amendments to it?
    YES
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok there is some confusion on the number of this bill. Someone else said it was 1644 or something like that. I'm confused.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the Senate should pass amendments which were not in the House Bll doesn't the House have to vote again to pass them too ?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Zeezil...the vote coming up now...on the underlying ammendment...can you tell me what Reid is objecting to? I'm very confused!

Quote Originally Posted by WesternMA
    Zeezil...the vote coming up now...on the underlying ammendment...can you tell me what Reid is objecting to? I'm very confused!
    Reid is trying to torpedo the Graham amendment about emergency funding for border security because he feels it's against proper Senate protocal and will set a bad precedent.

They are either taking a roll call in prep. to vote or are actually voting on S. 1644 which is the Senate version of H.R. 2638. I do not believe there are currently any amnesty provisions attached, at this time...but (disclaimer) I'm not absolutely sure. Even watching these charlatans closely on TV, you're not absolutely sure what they're doing most of the time.

Where's Willliam is he in DC?

If I'm reading the text on the bottom of the screen correctly, I believe this is a vote on Reid's assertion (point of order) that Graham's bill is not germane...is that how you see it Zeezil?

They are voting to uphold or overturn the Chairman's ruling that Graham's amendment was not germane. It takes a majority to overturn the chairman.

Dixie

Thanks, Dixie........his is all very confusing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast