Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I read that he stated that while he supports efforts to eliminate discrimination in the public sector, he believes people should be allowed to discriminate in the private sector.

That would mean he thinks it is A okay for a private business to refuse to serve, or hire say blacks, or whites, or asians or Hispanics, or Christians. or Jews, or atheists, or Muslims or whatever.

In my book, and I believe almost all American would agree, that is racism, pure and simple.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

he said it on the Rachel Maddoff Show.
    SO i dont know what to think.
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>

No it is FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION, as it is private. Also, White Flight is whites moving out when non-whites move in, and all people capable of doing so DO IT.

Race is a normal associative reality, all ethnic groups use it, not just whites.

Quote Originally Posted by xchange
    he said it on the Rachel Maddoff Show.
    SO i dont know what to think.
    What exactly did he say on the Maddoff show ? Did he say he thought private businesses should have the freedom to hire who they want to hire.Did he use the phrase "They should be allowed to discriminate" ?

I think his words are being twisted then repeated as truth or manipulated to mean something he did not intend them to mean.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Actually I woudl argue for Paul only stronger, wait until section 8 GANGBANGERS want to move into your nice, white nieghborhood, as they are trying to do now. Your teen daughters are going to be in danger of white slavery, as is happening in PORTLAND Orgeon.

There are many examples of where the Civil Rights Act has been mis-used.

This is just 2 examples.

The Firefighters who were refused promotions even though they got the highest test scores because no Black candidate made the list.

The Salvation Armey hired a Hispanic woman who could not speak english on the condition she would learn our language.6 mths later she still could not speak any english so they let her go.She SUED them for discrimination.I am not sure if she won her suit or not but it cost the Salvation Army to defend themselves.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

What Paul said was that he did not think the Civil Rights Act should apply to private businesess.

There is no way to spin out of that one. That means only one thing. That private businesses should be allowed to discriminate in who they hire and who they serve on any basis whatsoever, including race.

After the national uproar, Paul backtracked and said he abhors discrimination and supports the Civil Rights Act. He did not even try to explain his prior comment. How can could he?

The GOP is desparately trying to spin this... trying to put it in "context" but have absolutely no arguments to make.

I hope Paul does not receive a single vote in Kentucky.

His views are dispictable.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Arizonablues,

Well this white person who lives in an upper middle class neighborhood. sent her child into the downtown ghetto school, only 11% white, over 85% Hispanic, in an area known as gang central. He received a fabulous education there and most of the kids and their parents were awesome people.

You should try stepping beyong your prejudices and find out the reality of other groups in America.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Arizonablues,

Well this white person who lives in an upper middle class neighborhood. sent her child into the downtown ghetto school, only 11% white, over 85% Hispanic, in an area known as gang central. He received a fabulous education there and most of the kids and their parents were awesome people.

You should try stepping beyong your prejudices and find out the reality of other groups in America.
    If you think your child's school was so great, why are you using a derogatory slang word to describe it?

Furthermore, why would your child be sent to such a school if you live in an upper middle class neighborhood? It's my understanding that the so-called ghetto schools are in densely populated districts and the residents are normally linked through economic hardhsip and social restrictions. I don't think there are many upper middle class neighborhoods in these areas.

Another thing that makes me question your account is the fact that you said the school was located "in an area known as gang central." Please tell me, why would anyone who could financially afford an alternative purposely send their child in harms way?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying I don't believe you. However, I do think the account you provided either has holes or is the exception, not the norm.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Arizonablues,

If you think your child's school was so great, why are you using a derogatory slang word to describe it?

Furthermore, why would your child be sent to such a school if you live in an upper middle class neighborhood? It's my understanding that the so-called ghetto schools are in densely populated districts and the residents are normally linked through economic hardhsip and social restrictions. I don't think there are many upper middle class neighborhoods in these areas.

Another thing that makes me question your account is the fact that you said the school was located "in an area known as gang central." Please tell me, why would anyone who could financially afford an alternative purposely send their child in harms way?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying I don't believe you. However, I do think the account you provided either has holes or is the exception, not the norm.
    1. The word "ghetto" is not a derogatory slang word. It describes an area where the residents are poor, and crime is more prevalent.

2. The school was more than somewhat quirky, but definately awesome. It is one of the oldest high schools in the state, dating back from 1867. Generations of immigrations (legal kind) have gone through this school and it has several very famous alums. It is still the immigrant school, though, unfortunately, far too many were of the illegal variety. But it also has a long Hispnaic trandition, with some families having attended for 4 generations.

3. My upper middle class neighborhood is on the other side of town from this school. My son had to travel to get there. Our school district is under a desegraton order, so kids have some choice in which school to attend.

4. Yep, the area around the school is gang central. How badly it affects the school itself depends on the year. I was PTA President, and was often at school, alone, late at night, walking to my car. You have to understand how gangs operate. They fight each other over turf. I never once felt in danger.

Nor did I ever think my son was in any danger. He did not join a gang, and if he had started wearing gang colors or adopting any of the other gang insignia, I would have pulled him out of there.

Actually, what happened while he was there was the kids got together (including the JV and Varsity Football teams) and confronted the gangs and told them what they did was their business but to keep it off campus or else. The rule stuck. I gather in the last couple of years it has not been so peaceful, and there have been a couple of gang fights, but it ebbs and flows at the school. And as I said, the gangs keep it among themselves.

5. My son was in private school from preschool through grade 8. Then he spent a year in a private school in France for grade 9. He was a accepted at two of the most prestigious private schools in the state for the rest of his high school, but we selected this ghetto high school instead. Why?

As I said, our district is under a desegration order. In order to try to get people to volunarily integration, all the schools have their "magnet" program. Of course, the best magnet program was placed at the worst performing, most segregated school in the district... the one my son went to.

They offer the International Baccaurlaurate Diploma. If is an unbelievably superb academic program. Check it out on line. My brother in law in another city wanted it for his kids and had to pay $25,000 a year for each of his kids to get the exact same academic program we got for free!

In order to give you an idea of how prestigous it is, my son, at the last minute (three days before start of class) decided he wanted to the University of California at Santa Barbara. I told him he had not a hope, it is extraordinarily difficult to get in even when you apply in the normal way, and on top of that, they were even more jammed because they took in some Tulane students after Katrina. He ignored me, wrote a letter to the admissions department, faxed in his International Bacc Diploma and transcripts. Literally, four hours later I received a call from the admissions Director saying they would love to have him attend UC Santa Barbara.

6. As PTA President, and also a Board Member of the Booster Club, I had contact with the whole range of kids and parents associated with that school. For the most part, they were great people. Though I do know first hand that many Hispanic kids are at a real disadvantage because at home, culturally, their parents do not understand the need to support their education or even value it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast