Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rockfish, I don't think our elections were on the up and up either.

There was too much talk about illegals, trying to get "immigrants" to register to vote....how do we know who voted, were some illegal?

We don't! When the Dems won, I heard very little about recounts.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

A deal is soon to come. It will cause a lot of division in this country and rightfully so because it is not the right thing to do. It is all for political reasons and nothing else. These people will only contribute to what favors them once they are legalized. I think many of the supporters will regret a decision that allows legalization. Once they are in and they have obtain citizenship they will want more people to migrate. This will continue to divide our country and Democrats, Republicans and Independents that favor this now will regret this decision if it is passed.

Banned
    These people will only contribute to what favors them once they are legalized. I think many of the supporters will regret a decision that allows legalization. Once they are in and they have obtain citizenship they will want more people to migrate. This will continue to divide our country and Democrats, Republicans and Independents that favor this now will regret this decision if it is passed.
    It is crystal clear that this is what will happen. ....we have already seen plenty of evidence from CA and other areas to show that it will.

The question I have is how can anyone - either in power or among the general public - be so stupid as to support massive legalization and citizenship? It's not as if our politicians are completely living in a vacuum and will, along with their children and grandchildren, be insulated indefinitely from the net effects of this. It is simply mindboggling that any sane person could support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    These people will only contribute to what favors them once they are legalized. I think many of the supporters will regret a decision that allows legalization. Once they are in and they have obtain citizenship they will want more people to migrate. This will continue to divide our country and Democrats, Republicans and Independents that favor this now will regret this decision if it is passed.
    It is crystal clear that this is what will happen. ....we have already seen plenty of evidence from CA and other areas to show that it will.

The question I have is how can anyone - either in power or among the general public - be so stupid as to support massive legalization and citizenship? It's not as if our politicians are completely living in a vacuum and will, along with their children and grandchildren, be insulated indefinitely from the net effects of this. It is simply mindboggling that any sane person could support this.
    Kate, I really do think that the elites believe that they will not be touched by all this, that they will be insulated from the ill effects. Those who support it for financial reasons are blinded by their greed. The Hispanic activist have their political agendas. And then there are those in the general public who are not aware of the ramifications. If you don't live in an area which is currently inundated with illegals, it is not hard to be somewhat ill informed.

I was such a person until the spring demonstrations. If you are not experiencing the ill effects of illegal immigration first hand, you must rely on the media to make you aware of the problem. The media is not only not doing that, they are outright presenting false information to the public. You must actively seek out your own information such as I did. But, most people who are not directly affected on a daily basis are not motivated to do this. They are the ones who are easily mislead and susceptible to the pro-illegal propaganda. That is why it is so important to be able, somehow, to get our message out as to how amnesty will affect them, their children, and this country's future in general.

In talking to a friend about this issue I learned that she was clueless as to what giving amnesty to 20 millions illegals really meant. She knew it meant they would be able to stay here and no longer at risk for deportation. But she was not aware of what the consequences would be. Where would she have learned that? Lou Dobbs is the only person on tv who really does any in-depth reporting on this issue. It may be different in areas where they have been under seige with illegals. But, I'm telling you, in places that haven't yet experienced the onslaught, people are pretty much clueless; although, most of them do not agree with amnesty just based on their sense of fairness (it's not fair to grant citizenship to people who did not come in legally).

April
    noyoucannotwrote:

Kate, I really do think that the elites believe that they will not be touched by all this, that they will be insulated from the ill effects. Those who support it for financial reasons are blinded by their greed. The Hispanic activist have their political agendas. And then there are those in the general public who are not aware of the ramifications. If you don't live in an area which is currently inundated with illegals, it is not hard to be somewhat ill informed.
    I absolutely agree with what is written above. The elites and powers that be believe that they are insulated from the ill effects and have totally forgotten that you reap what you sow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12