Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THIS?

I get so frustrated and angry at the amount of Spanish I see in the area where I live (Southern California), that sometimes I just can't help myself.

Do any of you do anything like this?

First off, the other day while waiting in line at my bank, I took as many of the generic deposit slips they put out for the customers (which are printed in both English and Spanish) and crossed out all the Spanish.

Next, while at Target, I took all the Spanish versions of "People" magazine and hid them in the bedding department behind some huge comforters. Don't know if security caught me doing this on camera, but what are they gonna do?

I know it really doesn't do anything to solve the problem, but for the moment, it makes me feel a little better.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Funny you should bring this up. I was at a 'major drug store' one day and noticed that there were small mexican flags on sale right next to US flags so I took the mexican flags out of the display bucket they were in and dumped them on the ground behind the display. It made me feel better also.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Well ... sort of ....

If I see spanish on the deposit slip, I just take them over to the trash can and toss them. Then walk up to the teller and do my business person to person in english.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I have not yet done these things. We were in Walmart (I know, BAD to go to Walmart, but we didn't end up buying anything and went to Safeway)on a day trip out of town, we were in Hood River, OR. This Walmart had a TV going with ads, and they were all in Spanish. It REALLY irritated me, and both my husband and myself said out loud, "did we drive that far that we are now in Mexico?", "I don't think we did, last I checked, we were still in America where English is our language".

Now of course we got a lot of dirty looks, but hey, I don't care, this is my country and I am tired of greedy pigs pandering to people who refuse to learn English and assimilate, instead they wish to balkanize and have their own Spanish speaking lives, just like in their home countries and live with the benefits of being in America.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americangirl,

Actually you are not alone.
    Many of our fast food restaurants here employ hispanic workers.
    Instead of getting the customary greeting, "Can I take your order please?"
    We now hear "Que Quere in ingles or espanol?"

I sit there and wait to respond until the worker asks me in English.
    What a joke.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THIS?

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I get so frustrated and angry at the amount of Spanish I see in the area where I live (Southern California), that sometimes I just can't help myself.

Do any of you do anything like this?

First off, the other day while waiting in line at my bank, I took as many of the generic deposit slips they put out for the customers (which are printed in both English and Spanish) and crossed out all the Spanish.

Next, while at Target, I took all the Spanish versions of "People" magazine and hid them in the bedding department behind some huge comforters. Don't know if security caught me doing this on camera, but what are they gonna do?

I know it really doesn't do anything to solve the problem, but for the moment, it makes me feel a little better.
    No you're not alone!!!
    I've never had the chance to do anything like that,,,YET...but I do feel your frustation... And I do find myself giving them dirty looks in stores while they are speaking Spanish!

I was shopping in Sears last weekend,and every other line on my reciept was printed in Spanish, so I loudly complained to the cashier about it!

When out shopping....if my husband sees a fat pregnant illegal he yells out "Anchor baby"!!

And when ever I see an American worker doing construction, mowing grass, putting on a roof, painting a building or doing any of the "so called jobs Americans won't do" I give them the thumbs up, or toot my horn in approval!

I am sick to death of seeing Spanish written everywhere, and looking at illegals, especially the pregnant ones

I love it! Good for you! I'm with you too. A little act of defiance. If many more people did this. It wouldn't take long to drive home a point.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

sippy,

One of the fast food resturants pulled that right after May 1 and I said, I don't understand you real loud and I drove off.

Also, you need to read what others have been doing.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=32730

If I go back to Wal-Mart and see Mexican Flags, I'm taking them to the plumbing department and putting them next to the toilet seats.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth wrote:
    "did we drive that far that we are now in Mexico?", "I don't think we did, last I checked, we were still in America where English is our language".
    That is funny!!! I know what you mean about the tvs all in spanish. Well COMPLAIN and you will see results from Wallymart. Complain a lot, complain in all parts of their stores, they do listen and they are feeling the heat. Their stores are becomming one big pile of spilled clothing, half-eaten snacks, soiled babydiapers and pilfered packages.

"Anchor baby"!!
    ConcernedCitizen that's a riot!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

That is what happens in all the stores these people shop in, they are pigstys and they let their kids open and eat anything they want while not purchasing it. I see it in the supermarket all the time. Most stores around my way are aware of this and have hired security guards in the stores to prevent this as it costs them thousands of dollars in unsellable merchandise not to mention the thefts.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast