Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think we should keep protesting. I know when we were planning our protest, I put quarter sheet fliers all over WM and at bus stops. I planted them in all the isles next to products I knew Americans would use. I did it early in the morning, after the stockers and before all the customers got there.

I thought about putting some statistics on quarter sheets and leaving them laying around. Stamping the bills is good too. Because the illegals will not throw those away.

I don't know how else to reach the public, since I don't want to go broke buying advertisement. I spend a lot of money at the do it yourself copy center. I'm like the local Paul Revere. I leave stuff anonymously laying around and in small quantities incase the illegal-supporters find it and throw it away. Downtown is a good place to leave stuff because few illegals work in offices. Put 10 sheets on top of the newspaper boxes under a rock.

Fly those Flags!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Idydrake,
    Point well taken. However, our forefathers were English and spoke their native language here. After time it did change. Many citizens from different States have accents. But Spain is not Mexicos forefathers. Came conquered and majority of them left. Spanish decendents such as our English ones did not come to Mexico to claim it as their new homeland as the Pilgrims did. They did not come by ship loads and endure horrible hardships to be free from the Catholic church (with respect let me point out I have Catholic family) and many other freedoms that they so very much wanted. Spain sent military, conquered and took. Those who stayed or had relations with the natives there (you know what I mean) left a bloodline. But not all Mexicans have this blood line so to claim Spanish as their language it's not. The Spanish high schools teach is Spanish. However, listen and you will hear that its not the same outside your door. Spanish Natives in their own country disclaim Mexicans. They will tell you they are not the same.

i do this too i must admit, i will be launching a new website that address my personal feelings on this linquistic division in our country.

It just dawned on me that y'all might not have seen this article:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=31875

Bilingualism = A Divided America

I'm proud of all the activism portrayed here. I reiterate that IMO, the strength of this nation was that people from all over the world came to be Americans, & learned ONE language, so we could communicate well.

E PLURIBUS UNUM! Out of many...one!

Keep working for LEGAL immigration, folks!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by ldydrake
    Well, technically we don't exactly speak English either. We speak American.
    This is very true, when I was younger I used to have to translate for my Scottish uncle. We Americans have our own style of speaking and writing english. I know I am guilty of misspelling some of my words due to all the Scottish books I read.
    On the other hand my friends in Scotland often give me a hard time for the way I speak and write english and I have often used the excuse that I do not speak english I speak American.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've heard scholars say that Americans speak more like Shakespeare than the Queen herself. Scholars believe Americans speak a purer form of the English language because we were pretty much isolated from other languages for over 200 years. Unlike the Brits. I thought that was interesting.

Dixie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123