Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    You got it Bear my ancestors fought the British and every war this country has seen and the Alamo was one of them,
    Now THAT is awesome. You have good reason to feel pride, SOSAD.
    one of my grandfathers is on the military records for taking Calif. after they attacted the Alamo and you can bet I inherited his hot Scott blood.
    Was he a part of the rebellion that my user-name is based on? Do you know his name, I am a MAD history buff.

Folks, don't mess with SOSAD

Globalists: You picked the wrong bunch to f-with...
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    You got it Bear my ancestors fought the British and every war this country has seen and the Alamo was one of them,
    Now THAT is awesome. You have good reason to feel pride, SOSAD.
    one of my grandfathers is on the military records for taking Calif. after they attacted the Alamo and you can bet I inherited his hot Scott blood.
    Was he a part of the rebellion that my user-name is based on? Do you know his name, I am a MAD history buff.

Folks, don't mess with SOSAD

Globalists: You picked the wrong bunch to f-with...
    Bear, My Ancestors from Scotland are the Barclay, Elgins,Adams@ Davidsons. Frances Adams arrived in America in 1658, at 15yrs old, Robert Barclay arrived in 1688 on family Mechant ship, The Scottish Barclays claim decent from back to Roger der Berchelai and was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086. George Elgin, Progenitor of Amerian Elgins,Born 1674 Banff, Scotland arrived Port Tabacco, MD 1700. I am very lucky as we had several Genealogists in the family and lots of records, Bible, property, military, birth, death, wills which are so funny to read. Robert Barclay A(grandfather) from Rowan co. N.C. is on the Record of the Revolutionary war and of course I am a member of the Daughters of the Revolution. Durett,H. Barclay fought US/Mexican War I said Calif, but it was also Texas also. the oldest though recorded as far as wars go is Brackett Davidson War 1812. Interesting stuff, I have two large albums about 4" thick with information even a news paper article of written by a member of our family traveling on a wagon train to salem oregon that was printed after they arrived, about their trip, receipts with prices of goods for their trip, how they had to sell everything they owned because they could not haul it. and story about when they ran into Indians and all the Indians wanted was a red dress one of the little girls was wearing, they got it!! I am very lucky to know so much about my family and the info is fun and interesting but I think alot of the Americans today still feel the very same since of Loyalty and patriotism as I do and are just as American.
    Some of the real Americans are of course the Native Americans and Black Americans and I wish more of them would join us in the fight, they are our brothers. I think Black Americans are being affected more than any race by low wage jobs being taken by illegals of course now it is affecting many different class of people. Hopefull before long they will all see the light and get involved!! Anyway theres not enough time to talk about my family, but I am proud of my ancestors and their part in American History!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

That is very interesting Sosad. I too am an avid history buff, although I can hold my own with historians quite well.

My Uncle in Detroit who's still alive and did a family tree, and followed the Austrian lineage back to the end of the 1400's when the Renaissance was just starting and the old serfdom was for the most part done away with when my ancestors were young. Most of it is in Central and Eastern Europe though. In fact last was the centennial of my family being in Ameria.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    That is very interesting Sosad. I too am an avid history buff, although I can hold my own with historians quite well.

My Uncle in Detroit who's still alive and did a family tree, and followed the Austrian lineage back to the end of the 1400's when the Renaissance was just starting and the old serfdom was for the most part done away with when my ancestors were young. Most of it is in Central and Eastern Europe though. In fact last was the centennial of my family being in Ameria.
    Thats great Highlander, I think it's wonderful to know some of our family History, alot of peoples has been lost because no one keep track of it.
    How did you come by your member name?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I have always had a deep respect for those who have stood up in the face of overwhelming odds to secure Freedom, and Liberty for a people oppressed by tyrants. And I feel that Sept. 11 was desecrated by the terrorists who did what they did in N.Y. City. For to me as a historian, Sept 11, 1297 was a great day for freedom, as Scottish Highlanders under the leadership of William Wallace destroyed an overwhelming English Army at the Battle of Sterling Bridge. The English not only outnumbered the Scots, but had a professional heavy cavalry which the Scots did not possess. But through sheer tactics, and deployments of the forces they had, the Scots gave the English a lesson in defensive manuevers as an offense.

The 1314 is in reference to the year of the Battle of Bannockburn, where Robert de Bruce finally and effectively secured the country's freedom for 300 years until the House of Stuart united the two countries under the now Union Jack.

Not too different from the American Coloinies. Who lost most of the formal battles, but won the war, as they changed tactics to stop an oppressive tyrant's army.

So out of respect to those brave souls, that is where my moniker is derived from.

And I feel that Sept. 11 was desecrated by the terrorists who did what they did in N.Y. City. For to me as a historian, Sept 11, 1297 was a great day for freedom, as Scottish Highlanders under the leadership of William Wallace destroyed an overwhelming English Army at the Battle of Sterling Bridge. The English not only outnumbered the Scots, but had a professional heavy cavalry which the Scots did not possess. But through sheer tactics, and deployments of the forces they had, the Scots gave the English a lesson in defensive manuevers as an offense.

Wow, I didn't know this. I wonder if it was possible that they chose this date intentionally, to send a message?

I have always had a deep respect for those who have stood up in the face of overwhelming odds to secure Freedom, and Liberty for a people oppressed by tyrants. And I feel that Sept. 11 was desecrated by the terrorists who did what they did in N.Y. City. For to me as a historian, Sept 11, 1297 was a great day for freedom, as Scottish Highlanders under the leadership of William Wallace destroyed an overwhelming English Army at the Battle of Sterling Bridge. The English not only outnumbered the Scots, but had a professional heavy cavalry which the Scots did not possess. But through sheer tactics, and deployments of the forces they had, the Scots gave the English a lesson in defensive manuevers as an offense.

The 1314 is in reference to the year of the Battle of Bannockburn, where Robert de Bruce finally and effectively secured the country's freedom for 300 years until the House of Stuart united the two countries under the now Union Jack.

Not too different from the American Coloinies. Who lost most of the formal battles, but won the war, as they changed tactics to stop an oppressive tyrant's army.

So out of respect to those brave souls, that is where my moniker is derived from.
    Supposedly, Sir David Barclay was one of Robert the Bruce's chief accociates and present at many of his battles. Sir Walter De Berkeley, GartlyIII, Lord Redcastle and Inverkeillor, was Great Chamberlain of Scoland 1165-1189. Alexander De Berkely, Gartly IX, became Mathers I in 1351 when he married Katherine Keith, sister of Earl Marischal. Their son Alexander was the first to adopt the Barclay form of surmane. Sir George Barclay, Gartley XIX, was Steward of the household of Mary, Oueen of Scots, and Sir George was second in command of James IV forces in the highlands in 1689.

My AVATAR is the Barclay family crest given to the head of the Barclay Clan and passed down for generations to eldest sons, This paticular crest is still used today by the Chieftan of the Barclay clan. But only the head of the clan was allowed to use this exact crest, all realitves used a slight variation but very close. This is the only variation we can find as being used by our family. Of course that was a long time ago and I am a woman so I would have never been allowed to use this version. Interesting stuff isn't it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    And I feel that Sept. 11 was desecrated by the terrorists who did what they did in N.Y. City. For to me as a historian, Sept 11, 1297 was a great day for freedom, as Scottish Highlanders under the leadership of William Wallace destroyed an overwhelming English Army at the Battle of Sterling Bridge. The English not only outnumbered the Scots, but had a professional heavy cavalry which the Scots did not possess. But through sheer tactics, and deployments of the forces they had, the Scots gave the English a lesson in defensive manuevers as an offense.

Wow, I didn't know this. I wonder if it was possible that they chose this date intentionally, to send a message?
    I doubt it 1314 is the Bill by Blackburn that has to do with closeing the loop holes in the patriot act That B of A is getting away with to give illegals credit cards etc. . I though the same thing at first when I seen it on Hylanders name.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234