Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In the past few days, one historical event that people didn't know about because it hasn't been written into the books or deemed important yet, and which I find way too disturbing to even mention here, told me that I am much older than the majority of the people on this forum.

I can remember a time when people were doing well-- could afford to purchase a home, two cars, food for the table and utility bills plus a little extra money to sock away for an annual vacation or save for a rainy day-- on ten thousand dollars a year. I know this because I lived it. That was in 1972. No, we weren't affluent, but we were comfortable. It doesn't seem all that long ago to me.

Today, according to the last statistic I read on the issue, a family of four can't be considered in a position where life is "comfortable" without an income of at least $50,000 a year! That is supposedly the national average. Yet every day, more and more people in their fifties are being reduced to working at McDonalds because their jobs went south of the border or overseas!

Since 1972, it is my understanding that there have been 6 amnesties granted to groups of illegal aliens. None, of course, was anywhere near the magnitude of the one we are facing now. Apparently, ALL of them, coupled with the swarms drawn like moths to a flame with the news that the United States was a "free" country, dragged down our economy by 80%! Apparently, the invaders misunderstood the term "free" and took advantage of it in their misunderstanding.

Now, tens of thousands of them have taken to the streets to prove that they suddenly understand that word "free" that they pretended to misunderstand while they stood around with their hands out and their mouths open for us to pay their way and feed them. Now they want the kind of "free" country that Americans always thought they had before these people started taking over.

Next week -- the week of March 27, 2006-- is going to be the turning point one way or the other. Will the American people who have been sheep through it all stay alseep and let this entire nation be given over to the people who can scream the loudest even though they aren't even citizens? Will the last of the Americans be rounded up in the night, as described in the opening post of this thread and put in the camps?

As I said, I realize that I am considerably older than most of the people on this forum. Still, I am not so old that my knowledge of WWII is anything other than what I read in a book or heard from my elders because I am one of those baby boomers who are about to be robbed of the social security that they started taking out of my pay when I turned 18 and the law said I had to be paid minimum wage. Never in my life, until this past year, did I think that my country wouldn't remain free and strong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pardon my spot of negativity, Pintobean. but I said that because saving us might required advocating things that the moderators won't like. (and cuz I downed several strong beers)

And i don't want to be booted, this forum is to valuable as an information source.

-pa

Junius Words

Hi Junius/Members:

Much like Junius, think I am older than most here on this board as I just recently turned 50.

When I was growing up, I was a latchkey child, though at the time there was no such tag...we were doing what we had to back then to survive, coming home from school and taking care of ourselves until both Mom and Dad got home from work. I remember the conversations at the dinner table, remember Mom and Dad talking about their goal, conversing about how they would HAVE IT MADE if the two of them could earn a combined income of $15,000...imagine having it made raising a family with five kids on $15,000 a year. As Junius pointed out, that was not so long ago, I graduated high school back in 1974.

At 50, I've paid into Social Security now for some 34 years, as has my wife. Bush on numerous occassions has said Social Security is broken, and needs to be fixed for those NOW ON IT, and for our children and our grand children. Curious here...am I the only one who noticed there is a missing group in that equation? What about saving the Social Security system for those between the ages of 30 and 55? Would it be fair to tell me that all the money I paid into the system no longer counts, that the government no longer has a responsibility to provide me with the retirement income I've been promised now since the day I started working way back in 1971 when I got my first part time job as a dish washer after school and on weekends? What about all those IOU's that represent the money we paid in...should the government be allowed to skip out on the debt, should those IOU's be worthless pieces of paper as George W. Bush has labeled them?

I have CNN on, have it on all day here, so that I can catch snippets of the news any time I find myself in my office. I listened to a pro-illegal alien spew forth her rhetoric saying that any immigration reform MUST include amnesty, a guest worker program, and JOB PROTECTIONS for all illegal aliens now working in America, and that to do otherwise is racist. Excuse me? Not forfeiting our rights as Americans makes us racist, not sacrificing what we have worked so hard for so that those here illegally can live their dreams at our exspense now makes us BIGOTS?

If you work the numbers, all the proposed legislation now pending in the Senate is BAD for legal American Citizens, and GOOD for any one that is here illegally, or wanting to come here. Every one of the proposals in some fashion will make those here already legal at some point down the road, and even more frightening, will bring tens of millions more flooding across our boarders between now and the year 2050. If that is allowed to happen, America as we know it is no more, our rights trampled under the feet of those bent on stealing our way of life as we are pushed to the side, forced into unemployment lines, and eventually into cattle cars to be carted off to death.

Today this country is our country, the home of the Free and the Brave. Tomorrow is going to be a coin flip, our destiny in the hands of 100 Senators who have their own agenda's that are not our agenda, and it is up to us to stop them before it is too late.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Phoenix...yes, well aware of the fact that we are expected to abide by a different set of laws and sensibilities that our opposition are held to on their websites. Sad we have to have our hands tied behind our back in this fight.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

To stop this "wrong" - hence, to stop this job and middle-class destruction is contrary to the direction of the New World Order, free trade, and wage equalization (set to India's pay scales).
    Thanks in no small part to our Judy, I am convinced that the governments lax enforcement of U.S. immigration laws in the past few decades has been deliberate and goal oriented. Call it New World Order if you will, but I see it for what it really is, carefully planned social and economic engineering by elitists who work in tandem with our government. The only other logical reason (which isnt really) would be that the majority of our government, from the President on down, are certifiably insane. These people hear American citizens loud and clear, beleive me you, yet they continue to openly and agressively work against our best interests. How else to explain the absurdity of congress crafting bills to address this issue when we already have solid laws in place?

As a whole, independant people wont bend to those that wish to control them, they must be made dependant to accomplish such a goal. If you pan back and take a broader view that includes the new bancruptcy laws, imminent domain laws, ect, you might get a better perspective of what I see.

Oh, I will continue to fight the good fight, you can bet on that, but I am not as naive as I used to be.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Junius, yes I am younger, but my husband is in your age (he is 55) group (we are 16 years apart). He and I both agree on this one thing, things have gone downhill dramatically.

I remember being able to pick berries in the summer as a kid to make extra money, in fact it was expected (I come from a family of six, it was a way to teach us work ethics and how to work for what we wanted, plus kept us busy and out of trouble!!). However my husband grew up in Chicago, right in the city, life for him was a bit different.

As for the class issue, I have always believed the middle class to be the ones that get to go on vacations and do not flinch to spend $300.00 when they shop for groceries, all at once, things like that mean middle class to me.

My husband was in the Air Force during Vietnam and was a cryptographer. That does not really equate to a civilian job so well. He now works as a receiving clerk for a wholesaler, he makes nominal pay for his efforts, with basically no medical benefits.

The age group being hurt the most by illegals taking jobs seems to be the people in their late 20's to their early 40's. Finding a full time job anymore is almost unheard of. It seems employers have broken up the jobs into 15 hour blocks for the week, and this way they can hire for little and do not have to offer medical benefits.

Having the illegal aliens here hurts us all. Yes its because of the jobs, but it also is about high rents, higher prices (from the wave of crime that infiltrates our neighborhoods), higher insurance (from those uninsured aliens) and higher home prices.

It certainly will not get better unless we are motivated to deport this problem.

I watched while our long time, clean, blue collar neighborhood was turned into a Tijuana wasteland. We moved. But now it is slowly creeping to where we are now. The graffiti, the crime, the gangbangers with their drugs.

The former nice neighborhood we moved from is a literal pit now. It is the epitome of an inner city slum (my brother says "barrio"). However it is not an inner city neighborhood, it is a suburb. Even the local grocery store chain closed the store that was in the middle of that neighborhood, it is now like a ghost town there. It's really sad.

This is what made me want to be active. Watching our neighborhoods being ruined.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Phoenixashes wrote:
    Pardon my spot of negativity, Pintobean. but I said that because saving us might required advocating things that the moderators won't like.
    When we have lost everything dear to our hearts, our culture, our heritage an so on, that's when we will do those things the moderators would not like.

greyparrot wrote:
    Thanks in no small part to our Judy, I am convinced that the governments lax enforcement of U.S. immigration laws in the past few decades has been deliberate and goal oriented. Call it New World Order if you will, but I see it for what it really is, carefully planned social and economic engineering by elitists who work in tandem with our government. The only other logical reason (which isnt really) would be that the majority of our government, from the President on down, are certifiably insane. These people hear American citizens loud and clear, beleive me you, yet they continue to openly and agressively work against our best interests. How else to explain the absurdity of congress crafting bills to address this issue when we already have solid laws in place?
    Perfect definition of a CONSPRIRACY

I graduated high school in 1972 and even then, a blue collar worker had a future to look to. It was still possible then for a blue collar wage to be made and it could support a family and a house, but not much more. Now-a-days, no US CITIZEN will work those jobs because THEY DON'T PAY ENOUGH. Of course, people like our President take the attitude that we all can live like cockroaches. If its good enough for illegals, its good enough for us

WE ARE BEING SOLD OUT..TIME FOR IMPEACHMENT..NOW!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad for this insiteful post. It is making us think. It is making us examine the reasons why it is important to us to fight for the life we knew not so long ago.

The reason I got so deeply involved is because I would like to leave a country my grandkids can be proud of. I don't want them herded into concentration camps because they have blonde hair and freckles even though they are being forced to learn Spanish. In North Carolina schools!

I have lived in third world nations for extended periods of time. Because I am American and because Americans are perceived as rich people, I was treated pretty well. But that didn't mean I didn't see how the people on the streets were treated. I never want to see this country slip that far down hill. That is why I will never stop fighting for the preservation of this country and why I will never accept it being handed over to illegal aliens from a third world nation who are too lazy and too chicken to stay in their own land and fight for their own rights. Some of those people from the middle east we refer to as terrorists these days are more admirable than the people who sneak across our borders by the thousands because they ARE, in their minds, fighting for their respective nations and their way of life.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    All so true. We need to be aggressive and take back our country before it is too late.

It would be nice if the blue collar workers could support a family and buy a house, it just is not so anymore.

We just now have a car after way too long without one. No one would finance us because of income, too low. This is not an uncommon thing anymore.

My father-in-law is 76, and when he talks to us, he does not understand why we have not gotten a house. He thinks we are just not trying. His generation could get a house on a moderate income, they could save money. It has become near impossible today.

We know of a couple, who the husband is a co-worker of my husbands, and they both work full-time, have two young kids, and most of the time he tells my husband that no matter what they do, they usually end up having dinners like rice, gravy mix and a can of vegetables. She has diabetes and he has bleeding ulcers. So this is also detrimental to their already existing health issues (they are both only in their 20's).

I hear this and my blood boils when I see all the Mexican illegals here lining up outside the local Salvation Army Family Services for food boxes. I get irritated when I found out that my own widowed mother could not get help with her electric bill right after my father died (he had a ventilator that was on 24/7) and she nearly got her power shut off yet I was seeing people walk out of that office with their paperwork saying it was taken care of, they were most likely illegals as well. FYI, the VFW she belonged to helped her find services to get things back on track.

Still, this is all so wrong. American families working hard and going hungry. Veterans widows still paying bills for a deceased spouse, they really cannot pay, American families sometimes living in parks in their cars "camping out", mentally ill Americans cannot get the help so desperately needed and all too many uninsured and under-insured Americans because employers know they do not have to offer anything better, people are too desperate.

We feel lucky, we struggle sometimes, but we do alright. We have a place to live, food and the basics we need. We have the luxury of our computer and internet we allow ourselves, it's much more than many can even imagine, and I'm not talking about those "poor immigrants", I'm talking about American citizens.

And yes, sometimes people get themselves into situations they could definitely have avoided, we need to be clear on the issue of taking personal responsibility for bad choices, I'm no bleeding heart liberal. But, when people are making the ONLY choices they can, and still they cannot survive, it becomes and issue where we need to say "what's behind all of this?. We see illegal immigration as pressing in on our blue collar workers economy, and outsourcing has pressed on the middle classes economy. When the elite in this country suddenly look up from their glasses of wine and see mobs of foreigners pressing in on their rosy way of life, they will ask "why did someone not do something about this?.

These people will never join our forces, as they have yet to feel the pinch of illegal immigration in their lives, yet. They drive through our neighborhoods, with their BMW doors locked, thinking "oohh, what an awful place, glad I don't have to come through here too often", not understanding that most of the Americans that live there would rather not be there either, but don't have too much of a choice, it's usually where the affordable rents are.

I hope we can wake up this set of people. Hope, it's a big idea from a small word. It's going to take a lot of effort on our part.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We feel lucky, we struggle sometimes, but we do alright. We have a place to live, food and the basics we need. We have the luxury of our computer and internet we allow ourselves, it's much more than many can even imagine, and I'm not talking about those "poor immigrants", I'm talking about American citizens.
    AmericanElizabeth, you bring up an interesting point. The internet is, indeed, a luxury. And without it we would be among the sheep who don't have a clue what is going on until their neighborhoods are filled with illegal aliens living fifteen to a small house. Some act like is is a standard item in every American household and that is far from the truth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast