Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It is a recent event for us. Up till just a few years ago, we never owned a computer, and the idea of the internet was out of range for us, we were dragging ourselves out of an unemployment situation.

I guess when you are a little uncomfortable, that's when you see things for what they really are, and then you want change. But when people are comfortable, well employed, well housed, well fed and well entertained, they curl up comfortably and ignore everything but their own little worlds.

The day when the upper classes, who right now have it good, and have yet to be affected by illegal immigration, start having crime in their neighborhoods, hear gunshots, wake up to seeing your home gone through while you're asleep, and then unemployement, they will want action. Till then I do not believe this group cares enough to lose sleep over it all.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American:

You are right...the upper class society right now see's these illegal aliens in the wrong light. They see the polite mexican who cuts their lawn in the summer and rakes leaves in the fall who says thank you very much, and calls the man of the house, "Boss Maaan". They see the illegal alien who lives in a room in the basement who washes their clothes and cleans their houses, and cannot understand our distain.

I know a well to do Attorney and his wife who think their illegal alien housekeeper is fine, and that she is representative of this invading horde, and they believe the lies that she has taken a job none of us would do...course, they have a point...I'm not going to take a job that gives me one room in the basement of someone's house with pay that consists of room and board, and a salary of $100 a week for a position that has me on call 24/7. There is the rub...these wealthy and elite are not willing to give up these PERKS they feel they are entitled to, they do not want to actually start paying someone what they are truly worth, as that might mean they themselves suddenly could not afford a full time slave as a maid and actually have to do some of their own cleaning up around the house.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Wow, even the wealthy out here will not have them live with them. My friend lives in the wealthy side of town, and she has a housekeeping business only part-time and she said even the wealthiest families here will not have "full-time" maids.

I suppose that this is kind of a regional thing. Seems all too odd to me to have someone you pay like that and they live with you?????

Yep, it seems like slavery to me. They might not think so, but it really is.

Here my beef is with our landlord. He is a class A slumlord. He prefers renting to the illegals, because he does not have to take care of things internally in the buildings. He has tried to get us frustrated so we'll move as we are the ones who will demand him take care of things that are not working.

There are many landlords like this. They love renting to the illegals, taking advantage of the fact that they will not request repairs or pest abatement (for the roaches they bring with them from CA or Mexico, ewww....).

Needless to say, this complex is becoming a blight in this community. City officials have begun to notice and he has been given a short leash by them. There has been way too much police activity here (hmm....seems someone has really been contacting the police about everything that seems out of order????), calls and such, and this is a big no-no here.

But a live in maid???WOW I did not know people still did that kind of stuff.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123