Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Hardlineconstitutionalist wrote to Darthillegal,

I can do without your personal insults, DarthIllegal. Intelligent debate is always welcome, but not personal attacks.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote again because obviously you weren't paying close attention the first time. Not once have I ever said there were no Republicans in the U.S. Congress that didn't support amnesty. What I have said, repeatedly mind you, is that the majority of Republicans in the Congress do not support amnesty and the majority of Dems do. Glad I could clear that up for you.
    1. If you are against personal insults, why did you insult Darthillegal by saying "Perhaps you should read what I wrote again because obviously you weren't paying close attention the first time. " and "Glad I could clear that up for you."

2. Darthillegal did not say a majority of Repubs in Congress support amnesty. He said some Repubs do. In another thread you came out in support of guest worker amnesty!

3. The issue is the Repub elite's support of amnesty. Trying to avoid the subject by switching to an irrelevant topic, is a very transparent dodge.
    I can't believe you're now resorting to making blatant false allegations! I have never, not once, came out in support of a guest-worker amnesty. However, I have repeatedly came out against any and all amnesties. I double-dog dare you to show proof of your allegation. Once you fail to provide proof, I'll expect a full apology!!

As for DarthIllegal's insult, what exactly do you call this?

[quote:37onmj5j]I have heard of "head in the sand syndrome" but you sir take the cake!
    Where I'm from that is a personal insult. What is the difference in that comment and coming right out and calling me ignorant? I'm sorry, I don't see the difference, Bettybb.

Bettybb wrote:

1. If you are against personal insults, why did you insult Darthillegal by saying "Perhaps you should read what I wrote again because obviously you weren't paying close attention the first time. " and "Glad I could clear that up for you."
    Those are facts, not insults. He obviously misread what I wrote because I never said or implied the following:

So what you are telling me is that there are no such thing as Republicans that support amnesty?
    If you're going to jump into someone elses discussion, please don't misrepresent and/or skew the facts. Thank you. [/quote:37onmj5j]

MW,

Please re-read my post.

The post was directed at Hardlineconstitutionalist, who supports guest worker amnesty, not you.

The post was directed at Hardlineconstitutionalist, who is playing a bait and switch game with his arguments. When someone posts that the GOP elite is supportive of amnesty, he claims that is false because he believes a GOP majority in congress is anti amnesty. In other words, he is changing the subject.

The post was directed at Hardlineconstitutionalist who was the one who chastised Darthillegal for personal insults then goes on to issue personal insults to Darthillegal.

I can't believe you're now resorting to making blatant false allegations! I have never, not once, said that you came out in support of a guest-worker amnesty. I double-dog dare you to show proof of your allegation. Once you fail to provide proof, I'll expect a full apology!!

If you are against entering into a discussion on this board, why did you just do this with my discussion with Hardlineconstitutionalist?

If you are going to jump into someone else’s discussion, please don’t misrepresent and/or skew the facts. Thank you.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

MW,

To repeat, in the same mannor you did,

I can't believe you're now resorting to making blatant false allegations! I have never, not once, came out in support of a guest-worker amnesty. However, I have repeatedly came out against any and all amnesties. I double-dog dare you to show proof of your allegation. ONCE YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PROOF, I WILL EXPECT A FULL APOLOGY! \

P.S. What is the point of your post? Obviously it is not honest discussion of the issues.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Hardlineconstitutionalist wrote to Darthillegal,

I can do without your personal insults, DarthIllegal. Intelligent debate is always welcome, but not personal attacks.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote again because obviously you weren't paying close attention the first time. Not once have I ever said there were no Republicans in the U.S. Congress that didn't support amnesty. What I have said, repeatedly mind you, is that the majority of Republicans in the Congress do not support amnesty and the majority of Dems do. Glad I could clear that up for you.

2. Darthillegal did not say a majority of Repubs in Congress support amnesty. He said some Repubs do. In another thread you came out in support of guest worker amnesty!

3. The issue is the Repub elite's support of amnesty. Trying to avoid the subject by switching to an irrelevant topic, is a very transparent dodge.
    I can't believe you're now resorting to making blatant false allegations! I have never, not once, came out in support of a guest-worker amnesty. However, I have repeatedly came out against any and all amnesties. I double-dog dare you to show proof of your allegation. Once you fail to provide proof, I'll expect a full apology!!

As for DarthIllegal's insult, what exactly do you call this?

[quote:2axc5s33]I have heard of "head in the sand syndrome" but you sir take the cake!
    Where I'm from that is a personal insult. What is the difference in that comment and coming right out and calling me ignorant? I'm sorry, I don't see the difference, Bettybb.

Bettybb wrote:

[quote:2axc5s33]1. If you are against personal insults, why did you insult Darthillegal by saying "Perhaps you should read what I wrote again because obviously you weren't paying close attention the first time. " and "Glad I could clear that up for you."
    Those are facts, not insults. He obviously misread what I wrote because I never said or implied the following:

So what you are telling me is that there are no such thing as Republicans that support amnesty?
    If you're going to jump into someone elses discussion, please don't misrepresent and/or skew the facts. Thank you. [/quote:2axc5s33]

MW,

Please re-read my post.

The post was directed at Hardlineconstitutionalist, who is playing a bait and switch game with his arguments. When someone posts that the GOP elite is supportive of amnesty, he claims that is false because he believes a GOP majority in congress is anti amnesty. In other words, he is changing the subject.

The post was directed at Hardlineconstitutionalist who was the one who chastised Darthillegal for personal insults then goes on to issue personal insults to Darthillegal.

I can't believe you're now resorting to making blatant false allegations! I have never, not once, said that you came out in support of a guest-worker amnesty. I double-dog dare you to show proof of your allegation. Once you fail to provide proof, I'll expect a full apology!!

If you are against entering into a discussion on this board, why did you just do this with my discussion with Hardlineconstitutionalist?

If you are going to jump into someone else’s discussion, please don’t misrepresent and/or skew the facts. Thank you.[/quote:2axc5s33]

You're not making much sense, Bettybb.

I was the one that made the comment to DarthIllegal that you're accrediting hardlineconstitutonalist with, which means your comments were directed at me. You are clearly confusing who has said what and whose post belongs to who.

In the future, before throwing accusations at folks, it would probably be wise to re-check your facts.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW,

Now I am going to apologize.

I went back and checked and it was you that made the comments to Darthillegal. not Hardlineconstitutionalist. I don't know how I got confused, but I obviously did as I incorrect attributed your post to him when I replied.

You are absolutely right, I have never seen you support amnesty, to the contrary! It is Hardline who has indicated support for guest worker amnesty.

On the issue of switching topics, well, if the topic is that the GOP elite supports amnesty, and you claim that is false because a majority of Repubs in Congress do not, well.... that is just dodging the issue.

On the issue of personal insults, everyone should cut it out. It does not add to the debate.

On the bright side, it looks like both in the Dem and Repub camps, there have been electorial defeats of the entrenched elite, which is, in my opinion, a very good development.

A few others and I, at another site have been going back and forth with this horrendous traitor woman..She then posted this remark with (looks like to me an amnesty, the link at the very bottom)

" I put his on a thread, but thought that since there is so much talk about Illegal Immigrants on so many threads that it might be of interest. It's from an email I got from Huffington Post.

The Dem plan includes sanctions on employers and spends money on thousands of new border patrol and drug-war agents, helicopters -- black ones, no doubt -- unmanned drones and the "installation of high-tech ground sensors throughout the southern border and for equipping all border patrol officers with the technological capability to respond to activation of the ground sensors in the area they are patrolling." After the guns comes a little bit of butter: a possible pathway to citizenship for some of the estimated 10.8 million people here without documentation. The bill would create "a broad-based registration program that requires all illegal immigrants living in the U.S. to come forward to register, be screened, and, if eligible, complete other requirements to earn legal status, including paying taxes." The full summary (pdf):

http://bit.ly/9FPeaz
    http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/REPAIRProposal.pdf

yes it does. The woman who posted this sounds as shes gloating. I'm surprised nobody here checked it out.
    Thanks for sharing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345