Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Kyl's Phoenix office just told me the H2B visa was stripped from the Iraq Spending Bill about an hour ago. I made her repeat it ! Has anyone else heard this ?
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Good news Nicie....we will watch for an announcement!! Everyone keep your eyes open!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I was just getting ready to call McCains Phoenix office to have a look see.
    Back in a flash.

On it & will call.

Our economy does not need these 400,000 annual visas within a few years (in addition to all of the other visa programs)!

p.s. just saw Nicie's post and will await confirmation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The funding bill just passed a few minutes ago with a veto proof majority! lets hope it is true the H-2B visa's were pulled.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

McCain's office told me they were voting on it right now, but she doesn't know the outcome.

working4change
    Start praying!!!!!!

Start praying!!!!!!
    I'm on it !

OK there is some confusion on weather that was an amendment or the bill they were voting on....I have never heard of them voting they said (veto proof majority 75-22) on an amendment...but we better wait for more confirmation.

Here's a story, but no mention of visas:

Bush Dealt Setback On Iraq Spending Bill

Web Editor: John Blunda, Associate Producer
    Last Updated: 5/22/2008 12:56:40 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate Republicans have broken with President Bush to help Democrats add help for veterans and the unemployed to a bill paying for another year of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The bill, passed Thursday afternoon by a 70-26 vote, also adds billions of dollars in other domestic funds such as heating subsidies for the poor and money for fighting wildfires to the $165 billion for the military operations overseas.

The vote is a rebuke to Bush, who has promised to veto the measure if it contains the domestic measures. However, the president still has enough GOP support to sustain a veto.

The House still has to act on the bill. Last week, the House voted to reject money for continuing the war.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=87687

---

From Roll Call:

Senate Passes Spending Package
    By Emily Pierce
    Roll Call Staff
    May 22, 2008, 1:01 p.m.

In a key victory for Democrats, the Senate on Thursday gave a veto-proof majority, 75-22, to a massive domestic spending package to be included in the Iraq War supplemental spending bill.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast