Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anchors Away!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchors Away!

I have addressed this numerous times in various posts throughout my ALIPAC tenure and I would like to try and get a little more feedback about an idea that I have regarding anchor babies and kids who reside here with their illegal immigrant parents. Please respond with your view.

I believe that the separation of families is a big issue with all families, latin or not. It is my firm belief that no family should ever be ripped apart. When we speak of deportation, this is what I believe should happen:

The babies and minors of illegal parents should stay with the parents, no matter where the parents go. If they are deported, then the minor anchors should go too. They really don't have the full-fledged rights like adults do. They can't buy a house or a car, open a bank accout in their own name, take out a loan, rent an apartment, all the things that adults can do. Given these restrictions, I believe that keeping the minor anchor with the parents should be above any right to remain here simply because of born citizenship.

Let them return when they become adults with all of the rights of a citizen adult of the U.S. This is IMHO, the only way to handle the anchor problem.

In the year 2000, I believe Janet Reno hit the nail on the head when she stated that Ilian Gonzolas should not be kept from his father and that the boy should be returned to Cuba.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I lived in a foreign country. When my visa was up I left -that was the law. It would never occur to me for one minute, no second, to leave my children behind because I thought life would be better for them in that country. The message of being left behind will scar these children for life in my opinion. They may grow up with a potential hatred of America and someday do something destructive for revenge.

Complicated issue. But then not really -can any parent imagine shutting the door and leaving their child behind?? Not me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right on Rock.

I agree, Rock. HOWEVER, I think those people who crossed the U.S. border while in labor and delivered their baby in a border hospital should lose any right to future citizenship. It is theft of service and due to the value of the service would be a felony. No good will can be attributed to this kind of calculated theft.

MW
    Rockfish wrote:

The babies and minors of illegal parents should stay with the parents, no matter where the parents go. If they are deported, then the minor anchors should go too.
    Sort of goes without being said, doesn't it? IMO, the reason there isn't a lot of discussion on this specific issue on ALIPAC is because we're all pretty much in agreeance that the U.S. born children should stay with the parents, even when deported. Not much controversy with ALIPAC members on this topic, especially since most of us feel all illegal immigrants should be deported.

The subject of family separation is just one of many talking points the pro-illegal immigrant activist and illegals have dreamed up to justify their reasoning for allowing illegals to remain in the United States. They'll leave no rock unturned and no excuse unused in an effort to justify their argument. Forget common sense and validity of point because they obviously mean nothing to our opposition.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They need to change our birthright laws. They're outdated and have lived out their usefulness. Most of Europe and Australia have change their laws a long time ago. No child born here should be a citizen unless the parents are.

I have only heard a few from Congress even mention changing this law. I think we all need to put some pressure on them to do so. Actually, I believed all along that it should have been included in this immigration bill, then when there is an employment raid, ICE won't get accused of separating families.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

They need to change our birthright laws. They're outdated and have lived out their usefulness. Most of Europe and Australia have change their laws a long time ago. No child born here should be a citizen unless the parents are.

I have only heard a few from Congress even mention changing this law. I think we all need to put some pressure on them to do so. Actually, I believed all along that it should have been included in this immigration bill, then when there is an employment raid, ICE won't get accused of separating families.
    If your Congressman hasn't signed as a cosponsor to H.R.1940, you may want to call and ask him or her why.

H.R.1940
    Title: To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth.
    Sponsor: Rep Deal, Nathan [GA-9] (introduced 4/19/2007) Cosponsors (46)
    Latest Major Action: 4/19/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    COSPONSORS(46), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
    Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 5/9/2007 Rep Alexander, Rodney [LA-5] - 5/9/2007
    Rep Baker, Richard H. [LA-6] - 5/1/2007 Rep Bilbray, Brian P. [CA-50] - 4/19/2007
    Rep Bilirakis, Gus M. [FL-9] - 5/3/2007 Rep Boozman, John [AR-3] - 5/9/2007
    Rep Brady, Kevin [TX-8] - 5/1/2007 Rep Carter, John R. [TX-31] - 4/25/2007
    Rep Coble, Howard [NC-6] - 5/9/2007 Rep Conaway, K. Michael [TX-11] - 5/1/2007
    Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7] - 4/25/2007 Rep Davis, David [TN-1] - 4/25/2007
    Rep Davis, Geoff [KY-4] - 4/26/2007 Rep Davis, Jo Ann [VA-1] - 5/3/2007
    Rep Drake, Thelma D. [VA-2] - 4/25/2007 Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 5/23/2007
    Rep Forbes, J. Randy [VA-4] - 5/9/2007 Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] - 4/26/2007
    Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] - 4/25/2007 Rep Goode, Virgil H., Jr. [VA-5] - 5/3/2007
    Rep Goodlatte, Bob [VA-6] - 4/24/2007 Rep Hayes, Robin [NC-8] - 4/26/2007
    Rep Hensarling, Jeb [TX-5] - 5/24/2007 Rep Herger, Wally [CA-2] - 5/1/2007
    Rep Hunter, Duncan [CA-52] - 4/25/2007 Rep Issa, Darrell E. [CA-49] - 4/26/2007
    Rep Johnson, Sam [TX-3] - 5/9/2007 Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 5/17/2007
    Rep Linder, John [GA-7] - 5/9/2007 Rep Lungren, Daniel E. [CA-3] - 4/19/2007
    Rep Marchant, Kenny [TX-24] - 5/3/2007 Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 5/9/2007
    Rep McKeon, Howard P. "Buck" [CA-25] - 4/25/2007 Rep Miller, Gary G. [CA-42] - 5/17/2007
    Rep Myrick, Sue Wilkins [NC-9] - 5/1/2007 Rep Pence, Mike [IN-6] - 5/17/2007
    Rep Price, Tom [GA-6] - 4/25/2007 Rep Sessions, Pete [TX-32] - 5/1/2007
    Rep Shays, Christopher [CT-4] - 5/3/2007 Rep Souder, Mark E. [IN-3] - 5/9/2007
    Rep Sullivan, John [OK-1] - 4/25/2007 Rep Tancredo, Thomas G. [CO-6] - 4/25/2007
    Rep Wamp, Zach [TN-3] - 5/1/2007 Rep Weldon, Dave [FL-15] - 5/9/2007
    Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. [GA-3] - 4/25/2007 Rep Wilson, Joe [SC-2] - 5/1/2007
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z ... 01940:@@@P

I wonder why Rep. Paul hasn't signed on?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't think it's a great idea, Rockfish. It's sounds very fair and decent, however I think in the long run like so many issues surrounding this, it will eventually be used to the disadvantage of the American people, and that ONCE AGAIN, there will be something else which can used against us and against our will.

By that I mean that when these kids grow up and it's time to come back, guess who is going to come with a lot of them, if not most of them? Mom and Dad and their good friends, cousins, aunts and uncles.

They will have a long time to plan and it leaves us vulnerable again. We know that unless our government gets as serious about enforcing immigration laws as they are about us paying our taxes, it will never work, in my opinion.

But it is a nice idea. As an American, of course I'm all for being humane, but I am not for ANYTHING that could possibly set us back up for A NEW PROBLEM.

Agree with Rock

I do agree with Rock. I think the child should take the same citizenship as his parents. If his parents have different citizenships, a choice can be made for the child. Once again, I cite the instances of a mother in labor walking across the border to an Arizona Hospital and giving birth. The hospital can't turn her away - or even ask about her citizenship. This is a criminal act and should not be rewarded by providing a vehicle for citizenship for an extended family.

Seperation of family

What about are families?? I have been seperated from mine without a choice. The man who killed them made that choice for me. So I dont feel real sorry for their seperation of families. But I do agree, no matter what happens with the parents, ie: deportation, staying, etc. the children should follow. Its sad the children are used as pawns to benefit the parent.
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

Re: Agree with Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    I do agree with Rock. I think the child should take the same citizenship as his parents. If his parents have different citizenships, a choice can be made for the child. Once again, I cite the instances of a mother in labor walking across the border to an Arizona Hospital and giving birth. The hospital can't turn her away - or even ask about her citizenship. This is a criminal act and should not be rewarded by providing a vehicle for citizenship for an extended family.
    I think after the birth of these babies, we should drive both Mom and the Baby back home to Mexico. No citizenship or benefits for either mom or the new baby. Eventually they would stop coming if the knew there was no freebies for either one. All it takes is good common sense that this government totally lacks to stop all this nonsense!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast