Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another nurse vent

Sorry, folks, but this is the ONLY place it seems I can come and describe and whine about my experiences taking care of illegal aliens in our nation's hospitals.

Today I had one who was HIV postive, syphillis pos at the ripe old age of 24. I think he had incarceration in his history r/t a hit and run. He also has a brain tumor.

All day long I've been fussing and dealing with him, at the expense of time w/ my other deserving patients. He's refusing treatment, states he wants to die, and has pulled out various tubes and IV's and is at the point where he can't swallow food, so they can't feed him.

He can't be fed, he can't walk, he's emaciated, and he's end stage HIV.
    He takes up all the time of the nurses because he keeps ripping out IV's and trying to get out of bed, only to fall on his face because he can't walk. He just refuses all treatment we have to offer.

I mean -- it's PITIFUL. Absolutely pitiful. Whatever this man did or had done to him to have these diseases at his age -- I can't even imagine. It's sad, but I have no sympathy. He's here illegally, family in El Salvador except one young girl he calls his sister.

And so, day after day, he remains in our hospital. He's been deemed psychological incapable of making decisions, so we have to continue to treat him!!!

Taxpayers, Americans -- just forget it. If we continue this, there will be no tomorrow for any of us.

WHY isn't this person ICE'D out of here and returned to his home country??? He wants to DIE. He's rEfusing medical treatement. Why is it OUR responsibility?? Can anyone call the El Salvadorean government and ask them to take over his treatment. He's here illegally -- IT'S NOT FAIR TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's damn NOT fair to us nurses. I have worn myself ragged today dealing with him, and dealing also w/ elderly folks, also w/ welfare case crazy folks in general. Honestly, no one would believe what we nurses are dealing with in our hospitals today. No one. Here I am being exposed to God knows what dealing with these people.

God help us all.

Jackson Health shut down their dialysis program for the uninsured. They claimed in the Miami Herald that 1/3 of their kidney dialysis patients were illegal immigrants. In Broward County they are performing heart surgery on a regular basis on illegals. A physician's assistant told that many of the Central American illegal day laborers smoke crack which causes the heart condition. After seeing the number of illegals working on the farms who were arrested on drug possession charges I believe her.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

unfortunately hospitals cannot turn away patients illegal or not (until they find out they cannot pay or have insurance)

just like at war doctors and nurses must provide medical care to an enemy.
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>

jjmm wrote:

He takes up all the time of the nurses because he keeps ripping out IV's and trying to get out of bed, only to fall on his face because he can't walk. He just refuses all treatment we have to offer.
    Been there, done that. Call the nursing supervisor to call the physician - come in and see the difficulty and treat with anti-anxiety, etc. or make the patient a no code and transfer to a nursing home.

I am well aware of the cost of treating illegals. I now do Medicaid audits. Most pediatrician expenses for Medicaid are for illegals and most dental expenses are also for illegals. This has occurred within the last couple of years - it used to be occasional 5 years ago to see ID as the Mexican Matricular card (for the parent), now it is the norm. I don't see how this will work out for us.

No. No. NO. This absolutely cannot work out for the United States. These people are not paying one DIME towards their care. Our hospitals have to absorb these costs. It results in a hospital that operates w/ broken down equipment, then with contracts that fall through, then with staff reductions, then with CLOSURES.

What's it going to take to STOP THIS????

Our hospital also refuses to hire new nursing grads. I've heard of new nursing grads who haven't found jobs in two years!!

Ok, so no new hospitals -- no nurses to take care of anyone. What is our healthcare future in this nation???

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    No. No. NO. This absolutely cannot work out for the United States. These people are not paying one DIME towards their care. Our hospitals have to absorb these costs. It results in a hospital that operates w/ broken down equipment, then with contracts that fall through, then with staff reductions, then with CLOSURES.

What's it going to take to STOP THIS????

Our hospital also refuses to hire new nursing grads. I've heard of new nursing grads who haven't found jobs in two years!!

Ok, so no new hospitals -- no nurses to take care of anyone. What is our healthcare future in this nation???
    The nurses can't get jobs because hospitals bring people in on visas to do them. I used to believe that there was a nursing shortage and that is why they used to come to Canada to recruit. It was when I moved here and went to university and saw how many Americans were actually graduating and passint their state exam that I realized that they were bringing others in to pay less money. The salary here was alot better than it was in Ontario when I lived there and they could get fulltime jobs here so they were glad to come here. It is the same with the University of Waterloo grads (Canada's equivalent to MIT) who got jobs with MicroSoft.

When they were passing healthcare reform I wanted to see employers have to pay for insuring illegals. First of all it would make it less desirable for employers to hire them and second of all it would save the taxpayers money. It would leave the day laborers using our emergency rooms for their primary care physician.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes we should present bills to the nations of origin. We should send them all to their home nation if they can be transported. Hospitals do refuse to care for people plenty of times and when they close or partially close - wasn't it Jackson in Miami that lost funding and released staff because it could not longer pay them? Here in AZ we have had citizens denied and illegals paid for and received treatment when the citizens were dying. In Miami I have a sister who is dying because the hospitals refused to treat her at the time of her accident - they just stabilized her and now that she is all crippled up from the accident it is killing her - one lung collapsed - body so twisted that most of the time the food just throws up instead of going down - a slow torturous death.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    Yes we should present bills to the nations of origin. We should send them all to their home nation if they can be transported. Hospitals do refuse to care for people plenty of times and when they close or partially close - wasn't it Jackson in Miami that lost funding and released staff because it could not longer pay them? Here in AZ we have had citizens denied and illegals paid for and received treatment when the citizens were dying. In Miami I have a sister who is dying because the hospitals refused to treat her at the time of her accident - they just stabilized her and now that she is all crippled up from the accident it is killing her - one lung collapsed - body so twisted that most of the time the food just throws up instead of going down - a slow torturous death.
    You are correct about Jackson. Between the Cubans running it and mismanaging it and the illegals who flock there it is not surprising that it is broke.
    Hospitals can turn illegals away if it is not a life threatening condition. Aventura Hospital in Aventura (north east Miami Dade County) turns illegals away all the time. The illegals actually call the police department and complain that the hospital won't treat them and are sending them to Jackson North (the old Parkway Hospital). All the call takers do is tell them that it is a private hospital and that they don't have to treat them if they are not in a life or death situation.

In 1986 Ronald Reagan and Democrats gave 3 million illegal aliens a "path to citizenship." That Congress and President made a "bi-partisan" promise to "secure" the border and "crack down" on employers hiring illegal aliens. The flood gate of illegal immigration was opened. On January 1, 2001 George Bush inaugurated President with an unemployment rate of 4.1% and 6.9 MILLION illegal aliens. Today, the U3 (unemployed less than 6 months) rate is 10% and the U6 (all unemployment) rate is 17%. Yet politicians claim recovery, and would grant another "path to citizenship" for 12 to 23 MILLION current illegal aliens.

It's war by La Raza illegal aliens on the U.S., as Miguel Perez, President of LA RAZA'S MEChA chapter, said, "The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan (American Southwest) ...Once Aztlan is established, ETHNIC CLEANSING WOULD COMMENCE."

Since 2001 an illegal alien army invaded the United States murdered 80,000 Civilians, raped hundreds of thousands of Women and Children, made 17% of our citizens unemployed and homeless. So Congress and President Obama respond by proposing a "path to citizenship" for the invaders! Yes citizenship for felons, and President Obama and Congress make more empty promises about securing our border just as Reagan and the Democratic Congress did in 1986. It IS time for real change, just enforce our laws! Stop the illegal, unconstitutional, unreasonable and treasonous refusal of Government to enforce our immigration laws!

SUPPORT immigration reform that makes our borders secure, aggressively enforces Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code and other immigration laws, aggressively seeks out and finds and gives HIGH fines and felony prison time to ANY employer of illegal aliens, checking citizenship status in ALL law enforcement activities and deporting illegal aliens discovered, placing high tariffs on nations using wage-slave labor like China, and giving JOBS and HELP for the 17% U6 American Voters without full time employment.

OPPOSE any "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens, guest worker permits, amnesty for illegal aliens and their employers, incentives for illegal aliens like licenses and welfare and lax enforcement and citizenship, any anchor baby citizenship, dual citizenship or dual allegiance of any American citizen, offshoring of jobs, NAFTA.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Just an update on this story. This illegal was finally moved off our unit I believe a couple of days ago. So, I believe it was a total 60 day stay or more. On one of his last days, the nurse denied him some request, and so he whipped out his you-know-what and URINATED ON THE NURSE!!!!!

So, just more of what our nurses are dealing with. More of what your taxpaying dollars are going to. I'm sorry if this offends or shocks anyone, but this is the truth of the attitude, the behavior of these people. Yet nurses on the unit were still pandering, still making excuses saying he was "brain injured" and didn't know what he was doing. Well, this little piece of filth knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He wanted more ice cream. He wanted to be fed ice cream 10 times a day by the nurses. If he didn't get it, he'd urinate on the nurse.

It's a good thing I was not his nurse that day. Probably would have lost my career and been thrown in the slammer for what I would have done to him.

Great, isn't it? Americans, PLEASE. Get up. Stand up -- do something about this. Is this what you want? To have your nurses, your sisters, your wives urinated on by these animals????? What's next? There WILL be something next, because this is what they're getting away with NOW.

I'm personally going to write my Congressman over this one. It won't do a damn bit of good, but I want these vermin to know what they have brought onto the American people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast