Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Apply for lettuce picking job here! $50 an hour!

http://projectusa.org/ezine/2006/04-06- ... ration.php

Main Street spanks Wall Street Journal 3 times in rapid succession
    San Francisco Chronicle
    "The issue in my state is overwhelming," said McCain, who has his eye on the GOP presidential nomination. "We are going to have thousands more people come across illegally. We're going to have people die in the deserts. They're going to shoot us on the freeway. Hundreds of millions of dollars in uncompensated health care. It's devastating to my state. ... We're going to move forward on this bill. I know we will, know that we have to, because the underlying problem in America is not going away."By the end of last week, Wall Street Journal Republican Senator John McCain had taken three whippings for the corpocracy in as many weeks.

Each was severe, unexpected, administered by Main Street, and each was in response to his reckless anti-democratic immigration schemes.

First, he was bounced in the first round of a quirky, but popular online presidential straw poll called March Madness. Rep Tom Tancredo, the man who owns the immigration issue in Washington, took first place in the field of 64 national GOP figures.

Then, last Tuesday, he was booed by Main Street when his immigration views came up at an AFL-CIO event in Michigan (text left).

He ended the week with the Main Street wing of the Senate shellacking him and Sen Kennedy and the Wall Street Journal wing of the Republican party.

Yet the political experts consider McCain the GOP frontrunner for the 2008 nomination.

Doesn't add up?

It does when you consider that the main street a presidential candidate needs to be popular with now isn't Main Street.

It's K Street.

The photo from the March Madness 2006 presidential poll, "Congratulations, Tom Tancredo, you are the winner!"

Here's a video popup window of an interview with Tom on the Cavuto show when he's asked for his take on his March Madness win.
    It's worth remembering how George W. Bush was handed the nomination in 2000. More than a year before the election, George W. Bush had been granted frontrunner status by virtue of the amount of money he'd raised.

The title of frontrunner is a self-fulfilling prophecy, so, perversely, the ability of George W. Bush to haul in "contributions" from the powerful, a major reason to vote against him, is the major reason he is president today.

Perhaps we can help make the story of John McCain about something other than the amount of money he is raising [ see: Eyeing ’08, Sen. McCain courts K St. The Hill ].

In Michigan, McCain told union guys (Reagan Democrats?) that they wouldn't do menial jobs like pick lettuce, so the nation must import cheaper humans. The audience (Nascar Dads?) didn't buy it, so McCain issued a challenge, saying he would pay any of them $50 per hour to come to Arizona and pick lettuce for a season. Many of the attendees ([$race] [$gender]s?) took offense at the insult and accepted McCain's offer.

I don't see why we can't all apply. In fact, to make it easier, we've put online the application form for

McCain & Co
    Lettuce-Picking
    [ HELP WANTED ]

To fill out application, click here:
    http://projectusa.org/db/forms/phpform/ ... ob_app.php
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

I applied for the lettuce picking job. Heck, $50 an hour is good money! There are about 750 applications already. Thes people who started this are going to deliver these applications to Mr. McCain . Wish me luck!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Good Luck!!!!! I read some of those and he's got quite a decision to make. Bet he wishes he could take those words back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you think that McCain will have a chance in '08 after all this? In my humble opinion, he's digging his own grave. There's a lot of people that are very charged up about this subject. I'll tell all of my friends and go out of my way to vote for someone else. I won't forget.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

in my comments to him, i asked if he remembered Howard Dean's "scream"... because this is his equivalent.

There are now over 1340 applications and growing! Seems everyone wants to pick lettuce at $50 an hour

I applied to pick lettuce and told him that would be the highest salary I have ever had in my entire career and that I could start immediatly
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hell! I'd pick lettuce for fif-TEEN bucks an hour if it meant the illegal aliens wouldn't get the job!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would stop buying lettuce so they would not have jobs, not much nutritional value in it anyway.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For $100,000 per year, count me in! When do we expect to hear from our applications.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast