Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There are MANY of us who are CONVINCED that the time has come for a viable third-party candidate so PLEASE don't give up. You DO have a chance. THanks for stopping by.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Folks...we're in the same "fox-hole." There are winning strategies and losing strategies.

I'm offering a strategy that has a greater chance of success. The problem is that there is just so much time to stop the tide....and "our side" may lose just because people fail to use successful strategies.

Per Jim Gilchrist.....he ran for an open US House seat in a predominantly Republican district (probably conservative). A U.S. House district in CA is considerably smaller in size than the state of TX. He entered the race with better name recognition than a total unknown too. He also raised money. Jim also benefited by the experience from being thrown in the media fire and coming out alive.

This is a substantially different scenario that running statewide in Texas with little or no money and no existing political organization. I've already posted previously why you need money.

That's why I suggest that 50calibur run for mayor, commissioner, or for the Texas Legislature, where he perhaps has a chance of winning and will be able to collect enough signatures for his petitions. I'm pleased that he's willing to spend his time and money to run for office--I just think he needs to rethink how his resources may best be put to use.

And per Tancredo---He is a member of Congress...he won his election. Running for office---anyone can do. Winning a congressional seat is a whole different story. Compare what Tancredo does to get elected to 50calibers plan. I suspect their strategies are substantially different which will be reflected in the results. And again, Tancredo hasn't run statewide, which is an entirely different animal....especially when you talk about a state the size of TX.

I don't think you folks understand how the parties operate. Did you know that you can be elected to a party office within the Republican or Dem party organization? If you get elected then you can vote on the people who get party endorsements.

How can you vote to endorse Gilchrest or 50calibur for office if you don't participate in either the DEM/REP party process? YOU CAN'T! But if you did participate, and hold a position in either the Dem/Rep parties YOU COULD! Would you not then have the opportunity to vote for candidates that you like?

There are plenty of books at the library that discuss how the process works....those are good...but the best way to learn in actually doing it.

In regards to 3rd parties...

In my opinion a successful third party just isn't going to happen. First, to organize a major 3rd party would cost well over $500 million. It would probably take over three decades to get rooted(assuming people would widely support it). The two party system evolved because it's the only system that has been able to survive. If a third party was viable, it would already exist after 200 years of American history. 3rd parties usually develop around ONE-ISSUE, which is why they get innitial support by a core group of people...but are also unsustainable.

The country has undergone many crises, which people were really angry with the Dems/Reps, but a viable third party never lasted longer than an election cycle.

As much as you may dispise the Rep/Dem parties, they are the country's political system. Rather than divorcing them, clean them up. That process is something that needs to be done on the local level....in everyones community.

You can't expect change if all you do is vote. You've got to get your hands dirty and attend your local ward club meetings and complain and educate people on the issue. You will be surprised how many Dem/Rep will agree with you inside the parties. The politicians who support illegals are able to do so because they rely on the ignorance of their grassroots supporters in the parties. The political fuse is just waiting to be lit....all that is needed is about 10,000 of you to light your matches in your local communities.

Talk without action is just a waste of time.

PS: this is just an unedited draft so please excuse spelling/grammatical errors!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

I have to disagree. In my lifetime, I have never seen both parties move so far to the opposite ends of the spectrum LEAVING MOST AMERICANS in their wake. People are ready for a change and they DON'T feel REPRESENTED anymore by either of the two major parties. Maybe it's wishful thinking but that is MY OPINION and I will support any VIABLE third party candidate in the next presidential election.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I don't think you folks understand how the parties operate. Did you know that you can be elected to a party office within the Republican or Dem party organization? If you get elected then you can vote on the people who get party endorsements.

Fine, Steve, You stay in that la la land that leads you to believe that the voters can't force a change. And personally, I'm ashamed enough of both parties so that I don't want to be associated with them. I have been a registered Republican since 1968 but that will change, too. In fact, I'm trying to get a campaign going where every registered voter who's dissatisfied with the 2 major parties officially changes parties or changes to independent with just enough time to still be able to vote in November.

But you can continue to live in that land where only Democrats or Republicans can win an office. I'll fight to get them out and we will see who comes out the winner in the end.

If nothing else, I will have the satisfaction of knowing that I didn't lie down and let the people who are currently running this country continue to do so without putting up a good fight.

You know and I know that the people with the gold will make the rules as far as the Democrats and Republicans are concerned. And you may not know but I do know that the only way to pull the curtain on that puppet show is to vote them out of office and never let them gain a toehold again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm in La La Land? (LOL)

So show me your third party? What's its name? Where is it? Where are your members? Who are your leaders? How much campaign money do you have in the bank?

Even if everyone who posts on ALIPAC supported a 3rd party (which they don't) you'd have no more than 50 members. That's not enough to win a city council race in a small town (assuming you even all lived in the same town).

It seems that you don't want to listen to facts...and reason. You're so pissed at the Dems/Reps you've lost all objectivity. All that makes you is weak and ineffective.

I've heard the same 3rd party story over and over for the past 20 years from other pissed off people just like you....but all they seem to do is whine and spend their time watching Wheel of Fortune. But they still seem to hold on to this notion that they can do a better job from their easy-chair than Ross Perot, one of the richest people in the US...who failed miserably after pumping millions of dollars into his 3rd party attempt.

If you want a third party so badly, stop talking about it and do it! Don't expect someone else to do it for you.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Lets not waste our oxygen talking to this Republican lockstepper Steve. Anyone who says voting third party is wasting your vote is a mindless lockstepper and a damn fool. I'm not going to waste time talking to people that are that dense. Oh yeah keep voting for the same Bush republicans, yeah they really care about what we think. People like Steve (and I know I'm going to create a serious fire storm with this one, but I don't care) who thinks we should keep voting for the lesser of the two evils in hopes that one day they will change their spots are the same people that THOUGHT THEY COULD CONTROL HITLER THROUGH APPEASEMENT.

Remember what Einstein said: Repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time is INSANITY.

A leopard never changes his spots. GET THESE WACKOS OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT NOW. I want change. I will never again vote for an open borders politican Republican or Democrat and no amount of BS irrational lesser of the two evils logic will ever change my thinking on that. I will only vote for politicans that side with America regardless of political affiliation and if you think that's wasting my vote then so be it. It's ridiculous to think that a third party couldn't win in this country. THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE, THE LAND OF THE FREE, THE HOME OF THE BRAVE, THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY WHERE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. You have a right to vote for whoever you want, don't let these lockstepping morons tell you your only choices are Republican and Democrat. That thinking leads to dictatorship. I refuse to sacrifice my freedoms and rights just so a Republicrat or a Demican can stay in power. I'll refuse to vote before I vote for another traitor who I know will do nothing, but erode America even further for the sake of stuffing their campaign purses.

Steve, you may think you are smart, but to me your just a slave of the two party system the NWO has put in front of you. They want you to think that the two party system is the only choices you'll ever have and voting for anyone else is hopeless. That is defeatism and I won't buy it. Your probably the same type of guy who thought we could never defeat the British in the revolutionary war. I just refuse to take that type of attitude. If America wants a third party then MY GOD we will have a third party and by then no amount of the gloabalists money will do anything to stop it. Again this is America, a free country and we will do everything in our power to keep it that way or die trying.

Gee Steve lets keep voting for the Republicans. I'm sure Condi, Gulliani or McCain will really do something about them borders huh? Whatever!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm conserving my energy so I won't waste too much energy on this one but I will just offer my support to JJ and dman who are FREE SPIRITS and PATRIOTS. As long as we fall into the trap that the major parties have crammed down our throats for all these years, NOTHING will change. It is when people like us who CARE about our country SPEAK OUT and DRAW the line that we win. They will NEVER AGAIN convince me that a vote for someone OTHER than a candidate put forth by the two major parties just doesn't count. I'm like you, dman--I DON'T CARE ANYMORE if it DOESN'T count. AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANOTHER TRAITOR.

Like I said earlier in the thread--as much as I hate to cite Howard Dean, his INTERNET CAMPAIGN DID RAKE IN A TON OF MONEY until the POLITICAL MACHINES started their attacks. It is MY belief that the American people are wiser today than they were a year ago.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NEED TO RISE UP and realize that they NO LONGER HAVE A PARTY--either a REPUBLICAN PARTY OR A DEMOCRATIC PARTY. They have fallen off the deep ends of both sides and no longer represent the PEOPLE.

I would also like to add that regardless of which party you vote for your still getting more of the same.

It's both parties that:

1. Left our borders open

2. Spends like drunken sailors when they are in charge

3. Allowed these free trade policies to happen

4. Allow the special interests to dictate American policy

5. Expands the size of our government

6. Continues to erode our free rights

7. Increases entitlement spending

8. Allows foreigners to openly advocate the overthrow of our country inside and outside of our country

9. Allowed 9/11 to happen

10. Put us in a war that is costly and unneccessary

11. Continue to lie to the American public and cover up investigations that might expose them of wrong doing

12. Put us into serious unpayable debt

13. Allowed our communities and cities to become defacto third world countries through immigration

14. Allowed our hospitals to be shut down and our schools to become overcrowded and useless when it comes to educating our kids

15. Allowed our businesses to displace American workers with foreigners

16. Refuse to enforce immigration and labor laws to protect our country and it's people/workers. You have people with Masters degrees that can't get a job because the foreigners have displaced them for cheap, making their degrees virtually worthless.

I could go on and on. Fact of the matter is that neither party has looked out for this country and it's people for the last 40 years no matter what we have to say. So why should I vote for someone who represents foreigners and corporate interests far more than he is US? Answer is I won't. We've given these traitors enough chances. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE. Change is good, change is great. Why don't we give it a chance? We've given the traitors enough chances, only to have our hearts broken time and time again. They may still win, but they won't be doing it with my vote. If I go down, I'm going down swinging like I always do. I'll be damned if I'm going to support these gutless political cowards we've got now.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ME TOO EITHER, SPANKY! GO LOU DOBBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    ME TOO EITHER, SPANKY! GO LOU DOBBS!
    My only beef with Lou is that he said he supports a guest worker program. I don't know if he said that just to appease CNN or what, but I refuse to support anyone who supports a guest worker program unless it's a guest worker program for American workers only. Guest worker for foreigners and illegals? Forget it.

Lou better change his stance if he wants my vote.

BTW, I love your avatar.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast