Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Article on Main Home Page is Inaccurate!

Hi Everyone,

I'm all for deporting illegals and in fact limiting legal immigration temporarily until we get our house straight, so to speak, but that article on the main home page about the 300,000 'illegal' aliens being given an extended stay is inaccurate. They are actually legal aliens, as much as we may like or not like it. I don't think that that large of a number should have been included in the TPS program in the first place, but the fact is that they are here legally, and until we make them illegal by discontinuing the program, they are still legal.

If you think about it, since we blundered by granting that many people temporary refuge to begin with, if we discontinued the program, how many would honestly go home? Maybe 25% of them at the most? This might be one of those odd situations where maybe we should just grant this group the ability to eventually gain permanent residency, and just move on. I know I'm going to draw alot of heat for saying that, but if you make them illegal, you have 300,000 more illegals to suddenly worry about. We're already having enough problems with the millions who are legitmately illegal in the country now. Why add to it?

Again, I'm not a big proponent of these TPS type programs, but since they're already legally here, we might as well not worry about them too much and concentrate on those who have snuck over the border and overstayed their visas. They are much more numerous and a bigger problem. I hope you can appreciate my point of view, although you may not agree with it.

Thanks,

Joe

Now that I think about it some more, my understanding is that TPS is for those who specifically came here after 1998 and 2001, respectively, as a result of the horrific conditions in their countries. Now, if a Salvadorean was already illegally here in 2001, could he have applied for this TPS? Hmm, I don't know....maybe that's where the illegal alien perspective comes in. Gee, I hope I didn't just make a fool of myself.

Well, I was assuming all along that these immigrants under TPS (including those from the African nations) came here AFTER natural disaster hit their country, but you know what you get when you ASSUME, sometimes.
    Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe right. I'll have to email the author of the article.

The people in question came as a result of their villages washed away in a hurricane. In my opinion, the government should never have lost track of them and they should have gone home at the end of the time alloted, not been extended.

Yes, they are here legally. No, it isn't right for them to be here at all.

Especially in light of the fact that we still have so many displaced people from the Gulf Shores after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and our government doesn't give a flip about them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually, we just discovered this TPS thing because the drunk driving illegal alien that killed Faye Coleman (See Homepage) is an illegal alien from El Salvador that was going to be deported before he got the TPS.

What they did was grant anyone from Guatemala and one other country TPS right after Hurricane Mitch in 1998. All illegal aliens that were then in the US from those countries were then able to apply for a TPS which is a get out of deportation free card. It does not make them legal or citizens, it just prevents them from being deported.

Then after an earthquake in El Salvador in 2001 they gave every illegal alien in the US, even ones that came before the disaster, the opportunity to apply for TPS.

Clinton and Bush have renewed the TPS's again and again turning them into amnesty for illegal aliens. Amnesty defined as "No punishment for their crimes"

We all know that George Bush would use a magic wand to amnesty every illegal in America right now and with the El Salvador TPS and the renewals he has done so already for 300,000.

The TPS needs to end and these illegal aliens need to get out of America because the TPS system for those in need of temporary displaced accommodations due to a natural disaster is clearly NOT what is happening with the TPS program.

The correct term is that Faye Coleman's murderer is an illegal alien from El Salvador with a TPS preventing his deportation.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, thanks for clarifying. You read the article and it appears to be one thing, and then you find out how it really is (unless I was just misinterpreting it the entire time.)

Thanks again.

Joe

By all means, just because Clinton then Bush condoned it doesn't make it right. And the fact that they lost track of those people and let them disappear into the bowels of the USA tells me that we need to stop allowing any such foolishness to occur in the future. I'm all for putting a stop to any immigration until they can get a handle on such mistakes from the past.