Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Impeachment

I agree with O'Reilly who said the other night that if Al Quaeda smuggles a dirty bomb through our southern border and sets it off in Washington, or New York, etc., that's when the President gets impeached. Unfortunately it would take something of that magnitude to do it.

Unfortunately Oaths do not mean much to politicians. Political expediency rules in Washington. Those with the guts to step up and take a stand, usually pay a steep political price. Most want to hold on to the power and principles get put on hold.
    When we gonna wake up?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    My thoughts? I believe that all foreign aid is un-constitutional. There is nothing anywhere that says that the American taxpayer is to provide any part of the budget of any foreign nation.

RR
    Article I Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Article VI: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States

Congressional oath of office is to ". . . support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic "
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

?? Are we certain that the Congress takes an "oath" to defend the Constitution? I'm asking this because I remember reading that only the Pres & Military take that particular oath although I'm not sure of the validity of the piece.

Office of the Clerk.

http://clerk.house.gov/

This site has a huge list of resources that can be used to petition Congress. Worth looking at.

Office of the clerk...
    http://clerk.house.gov/members/index.html

This site has the oath of office for Congress. You may want to remind yours what it says!!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

Same kind of resource... but it is easy to remember, and when you post in a forum, you can ask them to write their congress person. Soooo

Tell someone....http://www.congress.org

A billion buck to Mexico? I am going back into the hospital in two days, but that sounds very interesting. Have you posted detail anywhere 2ndAmendis?

Unfortunately Oaths do not mean much to politicians. Political expediency rules in Washington. Those with the guts to step up and take a stand, usually pay a steep political price. Most want to hold on to the power and principles get put on hold.
    To my mind it isn't what the oath means to them, it's what the oath means to US. And if citizens haven't previously been screaming about all they do and all they consider doing that is against their oath of office, against the constitution then that's where we should start.

It doesn't matter what 'group' wants this or what 'group' wants that, or what party believes it should be done so and so. The constitution and their oath to it are the final word on it. The constitution itself is now under fire from the supreme court as they are looking to decisions in foreign courts for deciding issues in this country. ABSOLUTELY unconstitutional.

If we stand on constitutional grounds...there can BE no argument. That is if we can get in the battle before the supreme court can totally shred that worthy document.

JMO

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

SHAW wrote
    A billion buck to Mexico? I am going back into the hospital in two days, but that sounds very interesting. Have you posted detail anywhere 2ndAmendis?
    13 - 15 BILLION $$ a year to Mexico {I've been screaming every since, Shaw}
    We're working on getting the verification now but it's also been talked about on the airwaves. I personally read it several times.
    I'm learning to bookmark my info now so time's not wasted in the future.

Shaw, my prayers are with you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The constitution itself is now under fire from the supreme court as they are looking to decisions in foreign courts for deciding issues in this country. ABSOLUTELY unconstitutional.

RR
    and the only Congressman willing to carry that banner is House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and he's being hung out to dry by the Republican Party ... if we don't support him in this, which is his Constitutional DUTY, then we can hang up trying to get other Congressmen to go by the Constitution FOR THE United States
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    SHAW wrote
    13 - 15 BILLION $$ a year to Mexico {I've been screaming every since, Shaw}
    We're working on getting the verification now but it's also been talked about on the airwaves. I personally read it several times.
    I'm learning to bookmark my info now so time's not wasted in the future.

Shaw, my prayers are with you
    same here...

let's put this in prospective:

the Congress for the United States is taking $13-$15 billion of the taxes of the American people and sending it to the fifth wealthiest nation that has more billionaires than Saudi Arabia

the Congress for the United States voted to invade Iraq with 150,000 +/- soldiers to fight the war on terror

the United States is invaded everyday with 10-15,000 foreign nationals crossing over from Mexico -- -- that's 600,000 a month and 7,200,000 a year,

the Congress for the United States, after sending $13-$15 billion of the American peoples taxes are wanting to "legalize" the unconstitutional "invasion" of our country rather than "repel invasion" as dictated by the Constitution

the proposed “Totalization Agreement�" with Mexico -- that would allow Mexican citizens working "illegally" in the United States to earn Social Security coverage credits -- could cost Americans up to $345 billion or more in Social Security benefits for these "illegal aliens." Under this agreement, an "illegal worker" could qualify for partial benefits after only 18 months while a legal American worker would still have to work 10 years in order to vested. Not only is the "illegal worker" qualified, but the family members of the "illegal" Mexican workers would be entitled to benefits as dependents and survivors, even if not residing in the United States.

me thinks Congress has some 'splaining to do!!

the only Congressman willing to carry that banner is House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and he's being hung out to dry by the Republican Party
    The last I heard on that, DeLay was out of the woods. Is that not right?

I know that Nancy Pelosi would love to get rid of DeLay...he's very effective...but I think they need to talk about Alcee Hastings FIRST.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

the only Congressman willing to carry that banner is House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and he's being hung out to dry by the Republican Party
    The last I heard on that, DeLay was out of the woods. Is that not right?

I know that Nancy Pelosi would love to get rid of DeLay...he's very effective...but I think they need to talk about Alcee Hastings FIRST.

RR
    Sessenbrenner, who is the chairman of the judiciary committee, says they WILL NOT be investigation judges ...

I just called Senator Jeff Sessions office in D.C., -- 877-762-8762 --
    I asked if we were the United States of America or the United States for Mexico ...

Senator Sessions is opposed to granting "illegal aliens" but he needs encouragement and support.

I also asked whether he supported Tom DeLay in holding judges accountable -- the answer was 'yes' -- I am going to fax my proposed legislation to him to see if I can get his support ...

please call and show your support for Senator Sessions and Congressman DeLay -- we do not want them to think they are alone ...

EXACTLY! that's why the people need to know --- I guess we could call the Washington Times -- 1-888-442-6397

I just talked to both my senators offices...they both have issued statements that they feel that DeLay has been the victim of unfair media attacks. Both support him.

I couldn't get anything on investigating the judges...they transferred me to another person in the office who wasn't answering the phone at the moment...

RR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast