Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The school isn't failing the Hispanic parents are failing. Illegal aliens put little value on education and see little advantage in their children speaking English as a rule. Added as a rule to show that I don't generalize.

Well for now my kids don't have but about 30 Latinos at the most in there school. But all the others school are over ran with them around this part of the country.I live in a small town just northeast of Charlotte NC. I am soooo Proud of Charlotte with all the Raids they have been doing on these Illegals . Gooo Charlotte !!! I am not surprised at that chart at all. I am just tired of being called the majority when in reality we are the Minority I am tired of every other race but the American White people can scream discrimination and things get done. If I was to try to do that the Judge and politicians would laugh me out of the courtroom...thats if I made it that far. What in the world can we honestly do ? Besides what we are doing here ? I really want people to wake up to this problem but I am tired of being called a racist because I would like the same rights as every other race Where is our Martian Luther Kings or our Jesse Jacksons ? Gosh I get so tensed up when I come on this forum...LOL but I love it, Thanks for letting me be here
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Well for now my kids don't have but about 30 Latinos at the most in there school. But all the others school are over ran with them around this part of the country.I live in a small town just northeast of Charlotte NC. I am soooo Proud of Charlotte with all the Raids they have been doing on these Illegals . Gooo Charlotte !!! I am not surprised at that chart at all. I am just tired of being called the majority when in reality we are the Minority I am tired of every other race but the American White people can scream discrimination and things get done. If I was to try to do that the Judge and politicians would laugh me out of the courtroom...thats if I made it that far. What in the world can we honestly do ? Besides what we are doing here ? I really want people to wake up to this problem but I am tired of being called a racist because I would like the same rights as every other race Where is our Martian Luther Kings or our Jesse Jacksons ? Gosh I get so tensed up when I come on this forum...LOL but I love it, Thanks for letting me be here
    Good to have you SANDRA!

Btw, don't let them get the jump on you. Be sure to call the true racists by name first. LaRaza and mecha with the rest of the gangs.

That won't fly with me anymore
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, not this little gal
    Good to hear, 2ndamendsis.

Good to hear!!

Neils
    5:04 pm
    01/28/2007

In many schools bilingual classes are a joke!! Lots of schools have them, and over 90% teach kids in spanish!! Ther's very little English being taught in those classes, and the kids are being taught the most basic of words. Of course, they're not being helped at their homes where the adult don't speak English at all (try calling a home for a parent conference!!!). So much is being done for the little non-English speakers (bi-lingual classes, tests in spanish, so called immigrant schools???), I wonder when some parent will sue a school board for not meeting the needs of the children of citizens!!

How do you say "NO (AMERICAN) CHILD LEFT BEHIND" In Spanish Thanks 2ndamendsis I am glad to be here
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

I had in several of my classes last year, around 2-5 Hispanic students that spoke fluent Spanish. I TAUGHT SPANISH I!!! They were there because the state requires a foreign language be taken. Despite my protests, they stayed. What an incredible waste of my time and taxpayer dollars!!!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

it is sad that the school is closing, but if one looks at the schools credentials, the students that are going suffer are mainly Hispanics, the stats do not state whether the kids are illegal or not, whether it has to do with bilingual or no bilingual classes. In texas bilingual education only goes to the 5th maybe 6th grade so the middle school would not be dealing with bilingual classes. The problem is the TAKS test in general. It is a easy test, but teachers are forced to teach around that instead of teaching higher level things. The problem lies in the parents, the school and the students. Not because they are hispanic or not...but because kids are missing out on a education period. The problem is that a school is closing and kids are suffering because of it. Foreign language is a requirment not Spanish. But is not a requirment in middle school. My high school offered spanish,french,german,chinese, and japanese. I know spanish and had the option of taking spanish for native speakers took one year and got the credit over with...but i had the option to take another language as does any other student. In Texas schools are funded by property taxes, so if you live in home you are funding the schools, thus whether you are illegal or not if you live in home/appartment you are paying for schools, because you have to pay for your property.

My argument is that Foreign Languages should NOT be required, whether they are Spanish, French, Chinese, Latin, etc. They are still referred to as electives, but they are required. By high school, the learning of a second language is extremely difficult. These students have enough math, science, English classes to worry about. If a student wants to take it on, great, give them that option. Some will take it. But don't require them to do it.
    The fact that you, Aracely, took the class illustrates one of the problems with the system. What a waste of a school year for you! You already speak Spanish, yet you took the class. Not that I blame you; it is an easy A. But if you didn't have to take a For. Lang., would you have?
    The parents and the students need to assimilate better. You have done a wonderful job, though you were only two when you came here. It sounds to me like these kids have basically refused to try to become a viable part of our society. And why should they? The government does not force them to learn English, nor do many parents, they can make a meager amount of money working construction or other low level jobs, and the government will cover the rest.
    Unfortunately, they bring that Third World attitude with them. They think they can't be a success, so why try. What a lie!!! That's what makes this country great! Everyone has a chance. However, you have to try, unless you are Paris Hilton.
    The TAKS test is a joke! Since I taught Spanish, I didn't have to prepare my students for the test. However, my fellow teachers told me that after the TAKS test, the school year was over. Students began Operation Shutdown. The test took place in March!!! I still had two months of stuff to teach. It was true, though. The students had shut it all down. What a headache!!!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

I guess you are right about the for.lang requirment...I took spanish to try to learn my grammer better, didnt really work. But, yeah that is the growing problem with many hispanic kids, that are first generation. They put themselves as the victims and don't feel they can succeed. I understand where they coming from but at the same time it's like no one is going to open doors for you you have to do it on your own. I knew kids at my high school their parents were immigrants but they were born here, all they had to do was apply for college and apply themselves in school. Their finacial situation would land them a scholarship. But they never took advantage of that. Parents are the same they blame the school, the teachers, everyone but themselves. But that is part of assimilation with first generation kids, it has always happened with other immigration groups in the past.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast