Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    A Banker and a bank employee are one of the same. You may be referring to a Shareholder(?)
    No. Historically speaking, a banker the person who actually backs loans or guarantees deposits, while the paid employees whose own assets are not at risk but merely carry out transactions are bank employees. According to the dictionary, "banker" most specifically refers to those bank employees who are executives or officials of the bank (dictionary.com). According to Merriam-Webster, a banker is "one that engages in the business of banking." Just as a stock boy is not a grocer, neither is a teller a banker, which is why we have the term teller.

I hate to get so specific on you, but wage-earning employees are wage-earning employees. Bankers are those people who specifically profit from banking services and transactions, not those wage earners paid for their labor in the pursuit of that endeavor. My beef is with the bankers, such as the Rothschilds and the house of Morgan, not with those functionaries who earn wages from them.

I hate to get so specific on you, but wage-earning employees are wage-earning employees. Bankers are those people who specifically profit from banking services and transactions, not those wage earners paid for their labor in the pursuit of that endeavor. My beef is with the bankers, such as the Rothschilds and the house of Morgan, not with those functionaries who earn wages from them.
    Feel free to get as specific as you want. When someone posts a broad statement assuming that all "Bankers" are scumbags, you are going to hit a nerve because in the industry a "Banker" is a broad term referring to anyone who works at a bank, or at least in the area that I live in. So, you are wrong, and I am going to tell you why. An "Officer" may or may not have any authority over the decision making process in a bank. It may actually signify a pay scale or authority over other employees. The "Bank President" does have authority over the decision making process, and if you really want to ruffle some feathers, address your letters to the "Board of Directors". I believe these are the true people that you feel are scumbags. Then you have your "Shareholders" who have their money invested in the business, in hopes of making a monetary profit. You can read your definitions out of a book all day long , but I can assure you that you will not attract any support with a title like that on this website. As a matter of fact, all of the bankers that I know are very involved in their communities and are generous with their time and their money. You are shooting yourself in the foot by being so irresponsible.

First of all

Neese, Crocketsghost did not make the initial post I did. Yeah, maybe it was to generalized, but when you see banks bending over backwards to aid and abet illegal immigration it all comes down to the mighty buck with absolutely NO loyalty to this country nor the american citizens (and that includes LEGAL citizens). When these illegals bail out of a loan and go back to their home Countries the banks will get stiffed which will trickel down to the shareholders and the rest of us. You know this. I understand making a profit for shareholders and I have no problem with that. The thing that sickens me is the absolute lack of ethics or abiding by the rule of law by banks and companies all over this country.

Maybe if you read this you will see why I am so angry at what I see happening in this Country. So while I may have been upset when I posted and as you say "generalized" my opinion (and it is MY opinion) for the most part stands and it is because of research and observation. Crocketsghost has obviously done a lot of research and is well informed.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/reserve.htm
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Banned
    Feel free to get as specific as you want. When someone posts a broad statement assuming that all "Bankers" are scumbags, you are going to hit a nerve because in the industry a "Banker" is a broad term referring to anyone who works at a bank, or at least in the area that I live in. So, you are wrong, and I am going to tell you why. An "Officer" may or may not have any authority over the decision making process in a bank. It may actually signify a pay scale or authority over other employees. The "Bank President" does have authority over the decision making process, and if you really want to ruffle some feathers, address your letters to the "Board of Directors". I believe these are the true people that you feel are scumbags. Then you have your "Shareholders" who have their money invested in the business, in hopes of making a monetary profit. You can read your definitions out of a book all day long , but I can assure you that you will not attract any support with a title like that on this website. As a matter of fact, all of the bankers that I know are very involved in their communities and are generous with their time and their money. You are shooting yourself in the foot by being so irresponsible.
    You seem to be confusing my comments with those of someone else. I never said that all bankers are scumbags. I said that not all rattlesnakes are bad. If you want to freak out on me, fine, but at least keep straight who said what.

Re: First of all

Maybe if you read this you will see why I am so angry at what I see happening in this Country. So while I may have been upset when I posted and as you say "generalized" my opinion (and it is MY opinion) for the most part stands and it is because of research and observation. Crocketsghost has obviously done a lot of research and is well informed.
    I do see why you are upset, and I am upset about the irresponsibility of financial institutions too. That is why it is good to have discussion groups like this so that we can exchange our ideas. I understand the principal of what you are saying, and I agree with you. However, when you use the term "all", you are asking for trouble, especially when it is preceded by "scumbags" How often does that really apply? I am guilty of saying things like that myself, so I am not judging you, I just think that you should change the discussion title, that's all. I am disappointed that you are standing by your initial reaction because if you get a new recruit on the Alipac website, and they happen to work at a bank, you have just lost your support. Aren't we all working toward the same cause? I have been in this business almost twenty years and I am an officer, so I feel confident with my opinion as well. Crocketsghost may have done her research, which I applaud, but it is outdated by today's standard. So unless you get some old time bankers looking at your website, you are going to offend.

In my experience, The Board of Directors can set policy with a majority decision, so there may be some who don't agree. This confirms my initial statement that it is not "all" but "the majority". I did not say that Crocketsghost made the post, I said
    When someone posts a broad statement
    And to Crocketsghost: it sounded as if you were in agreement with ohflyingone and did not clarify, so I thought that you agreed with her. I apologize if I offended you by that statement, I did not realize that you were agreeing with me. What did you mean by
    If you want to freak out on me,
    I feel like I have handled myself just fine.

I don't know what the both of you do for a living, but I am willing to bet that you don't agree with all of their policies either. Most bankers that I know disagree with catering to illegal immigrants, but they are powerless, just like many other employees. Although my friends and I have been portrayed as scumbags, I won't hold it against you.

Banned

Re: First of all

I feel like I have handled myself just fine.

I don't know what the both of you do for a living, but I am willing to bet that you don't agree with all of their policies either. Most bankers that I know disagree with catering to illegal immigrants, but they are powerless, just like many other employees. Although my friends and I have been portrayed as scumbags, I won't hold it against you.
    Have you? Then why did you repeat the accusation that I called you a scumbag by saying that you won't hold the slight against me? I repeat, I didn't call you or anyone a scumbag.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Easy, guys, starting to sound like there's mad people at this site!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banker vs bank employee

A Banker and a bank employee are one of the same. You may be referring to a Shareholder(?)
    A "Banker" should make hundreds of thousands a year. A bank employee may make $30,000 - $50,000.

Is this finished already? It was just starting to get interesting.
    Like the movie. "Nothing but Trouble" Chevy Chase was a banker and Dan Ackroyd was a Judge that resented Bankers.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast