Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obviously, this issue is going to hit the border states first. Everything is a progression and I don't blame George solely for the problem that we have now, but he certainly isn't helping. There is a huge outcry for help, and he just isn't listening. I have a problem with the Mexican military being on US soil, I have a problem with American citizens being afraid to sleep in their own house at night, and I have a problem with our BP guys getting thrown in jail for doing their jobs. I almost feel like the whole BP thing is a front and we have people risking their lives out there like sitting ducks. They are understaffed and too restricted. I don't think a BP agent should have to wine and dine a potential criminal before they take action. I don't feel that we need to consult Mexico to put up a border fence and I really don't like when the Minutemen were called vigilantes. It is shameful that American citizens have to spend their own time and money enforcing the law and then being criticized by our government. I have stuck by George Bush through thick and thin, but we need some help out here, and especially the people who are directly affected, like the ranchers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Obviously, this issue is going to hit the border states first. Everything is a progression and I don't blame George solely for the problem that we have now, but he certainly isn't helping. There is a huge outcry for help, and he just isn't listening. I have a problem with the Mexican military being on US soil, I have a problem with American citizens being afraid to sleep in their own house at night, and I have a problem with our BP guys getting thrown in jail for doing their jobs. I almost feel like the whole BP thing is a front and we have people risking their lives out there like sitting ducks. They are understaffed and too restricted. I don't think a BP agent should have to wine and dine a potential criminal before they take action. I don't feel that we need to consult Mexico to put up a border fence and I really don't like when the Minutemen were called vigilantes. It is shameful that American citizens have to spend their own time and money enforcing the law and then being criticized by our government. I have stuck by George Bush through thick and thin, but we need some help out here, and especially the people who are directly affected, like the ranchers.
    I'm with you on pretty much everything there, except for sticking by Bush. He lost me on numerous issues over the last couple of years, not the least of which his leading the GOP into the biggest spending spree in U.S. governmental history.

It's not so much that I agree with all of his policies, but once a President is in office I think that it is important to have some loyalty and keep the rest of the world from thinking that there is a civil war here. An open forum is great but I disapprove of the Cindy Sheehan types who bash our government and then have a photo op with Hugo Chavez the next day. It doesn't make sense, and it makes us look weak. Now the rest of the world hates us and we can thank our media for digging a bigger hole for us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234