Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Cheyenne, I understand what you mean (not about myself). My mother is French (Acadian) and Mi'qmak (Canadian/American tribe), she is fairly dark (and I am whiter than Casper!). She works with quite a few people who are from Mexico and other places down south. Many of her co-workers have mistaken her for being "Latino".

As well, had this man been an American who happened to be Latino (my husband never heard him speak to know if he even had an accent), so she was really jumping to conclusions.

Like I said, I do understand her feelings of frustration, and feel the need to speak out, but unless you know, have some indication they are illegal.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As unfair as it may be, these things are going to happen.

This is a bad situation and will probably get worse.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

... give them melbourne. No one likes the place anyway then we fence it off and throw french fries over the fence once a week.
    Funny image.

Just be careful not to paint everyone that has brown skin with the same broad brush. The man might (or might not have) even been an hispanic (legal or otherwise).
    This has already happened to my hubby at work. He went to greet a customer, and the guy told him (literally) to leave him alone. Same customer a little later was with another salesperson. Hubby was minding his own business, happened to walk by, the guy said to salesman, "That's the hispanic guy I told to leave me alone!"

Hubby happens to be a Pacific Islander who is actually frequently mistaken for American Indian.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Banned
    Well, when I lived in SoCal, the illegals were pretty easy to spot. They were the ones paying with food stamps and speaking Spanish.

I'll tell you, political correctness is going to be the death of this country. This is not a popular thing to say, but the idea that the government can tell us what we should think or even say about another person, so long as it isn't slanderous, is something that the Founding Fathers never contemplated. Check that. They contemplated it, which is why they crafted Amendment I to the Constitution. What they never contemplated is that the plain wording of that amendment would become so twisted by shysters as to allow the government to tell us what we can think.

You know, I'm a blonde, and I'm (slightly) overweight. I can guarantee you that ANYBODY could call me a fat chick, or a dumb blonde and there wouldn't be one thing I could do about it.

And you know what? That's just fine with me. I'd rather people have the right to call me a fat chick or a dumb blonde than not have that right. I might not like hearing it, and I might not agree, but I will always embrace a person's right to say what's on their mind.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Something may have gone on between the girl and the other man before your husband stepped up.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I agree this woman had the right to say what was on her mind, although it might be an unpolitically correct thing according to many liberals. I agree she has the full right to say anything. I do not want that right taken from any citizen (notice my italics to emphasize that).

As for whatever happened before us, we don't know, this guy walked in the same time as my husband. I figured it was not directly about his, but about troubles she may have had that day, on or off work, so she probably generalized her feelings to include anyone Hispanic.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12