Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Best Buy and the Matricula Consular Card

Best Buy has stands in most of their stores in the Dallas area stating "Acceptamos Matrulca Consular" with a mexican flag on the top with young spanish speaking best buy workers standing near by.

The tables are littered with spanish language forms in an effort to get newly arrived and non-acculturated hispanics to sign up for Best Buy Financing.

Whats the problem you might ask? Well first off its Best Buy basically pandering to a foreign nation on American soil. Secondly, but not least important, a majority of un-acculturated hispanics can be catagorized as 'sub prime' and whats happening to our economy right now? oh yeah... its crumbling thanks to businesses giving people financing that couldnt afford it. What will happen is that Best Buy will show a great sales record selling all of these electronics to this market, then when they dont pay up Best Buy will turn it into a 'write down' and either them or their financing backers will seek the governments assistance in recovering the lost funds.

Finally this is no less than Bank of America issuing credit cards to illegal aliens. In that situation Bank of American tried to play it off by saying the they were issuing unsecured cards. In this case Best Buy is saying that they will accept the Matricula Consular card as a form of photo identification (note not federal or state id), but that the consumer must also have Social Security number.

What? If they have a Social Security number wouldn't they have a state issued ID? WTF is Best Buy trying to pull?

I say GOOD when Paco can't send in the cash they will get nailed right in the pocketbook.... I don;t like Best Buy anyhow....

I, an American citizen have to show my driver's license for ID. They they enter my license number, date of birth, etc. into the computer. Being a legal Amercan citizen, I guess I'm not as trustworthy as an illegal alien with a Matricular card. No more Best Buy - With B of A, the Chinese recalls and now Best Buy, I'm running out of places to shop.

Matricular consular ID cards have about as much validity as a form of ID as my AAA card, maybe even less.

I know a LEO who stopped a hispanic who proceeded to accidentally drop three different matricular consular ID cards w/the same picture and different names/addresses when asked to identify himself.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I will never shop there again. I haven't been there lately but if I had seen that, I would walk out of the store anyway.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

will never shop there again. I haven't been there lately but if I had seen that, I would walk out of the store anyway.
    If you simply walk out of the store they don't get the point. I call customer service or the manager and let them know why I am outraged and won't shop in their store anymore. I have been closing accounts with companies that pander to them. The companies I find will counter with offering all kinds of deals to keep your business. One company I had done business with for years went so far as to call me the other day and tell me they didn't want to lose my business so they were willing to allow me a 20% discount on everything I bought from them if I wouldn't close my account. I enjoyed once again telling them how I felt and hung the phone up on them. You have to let them know how you feel and follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    will never shop there again. I haven't been there lately but if I had seen that, I would walk out of the store anyway.
    If you simply walk out of the store they don't get the point. I call customer service or the manager and let them know why I am outraged and won't shop in their store anymore. I have been closing accounts with companies that pander to them. The companies I find will counter with offering all kinds of deals to keep your business. One company I had done business with for years went so far as to call me the other day and tell me they didn't want to lose my business so they were willing to allow me a 20% discount on everything I bought from them if I wouldn't close my account. I enjoyed once again telling them how I felt and hung the phone up on them. You have to let them know how you feel and follow through.
    precisely what i did. I will be calling the number the manager gave me. He told me it was a corporate decision and out of his hands.. and without agreeing he simlpy said "i understand how you feel"

the number he gave is 1-888-237-8289 (1-888-BestBuy)

I DON'T shop at Best Buy for THIS VERY reason!

WTF is Best Buy trying to pull?
    They are Hispandering.

Best Buy: Acceptamos Matrulca Consular

My Hispanties are twisted.

Accepting the matricula means big bucks for Best Buy and big bucks to the wets who buy electronics and resell them at flea markets here and across the border for huge profits. They buy zillions of cell phones.

Go into an illegal barrio and buy yourself some counterfeit matriculas, in case you run out of toilet paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast