Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From the statistics I have found at
    http://www.cis.org/topics/history.html
    the peak of legal immigration was from 1900-1910, when only 8.8 million were admitted. This is less than a million a year at the highest peak. Now it's estimated that 3 million illegals enter per year, plus the 1.3 million legals we admit each year. So any way you look at it, the number of immigrants is unprecedented.
    And it's not correct that the earlier immigrants were 'unskilled'; during that era, people had to meet certain stringent criteria, such as being healthy, having no criminal record, AND having the means to earn a livelihood, a needed skill. We did not let in unskilled or unproductive people. No comparison to today.
    And the question I have is: if we suddenly decided to strictly control immigration (assuming it's feasible) why on earth would those who have been flouting our laws suddenly decide to go through the red tape and hassles associated with entering legally? My guess is that they would find ways to circumvent the legal process and sneak in as always. After all, they believe this is their country, and who are we to control who enters?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Yeah, I never did get that part of their mantra "it's our country!!". Since when?

So, maybe I can go up the road to some of the really nice houses and say that to the homeowner as I begin to move my family in. Yeah, that would work!!!

To me that is exactly what they are doing when they try to justify themselves and their actions by saying that.

Maybe they are a little dizzy from all that air pollution down there!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12