Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Better wages if you speak Spanish

I spoke to my nephew this afternoon and he is looking for a new job. I asked why, because he has worked for a local AutoZone for two years. He's 20 and takes pride in his work and loves what he does. He said he wanted to work for another company because his is "unfair". A woman was hired who speaks Spanish to deal with the increase in Spanish speaking customers. She has no experience with auto parts, so she just translates and rings up the customers who can't speak English. But the worst thing is that she is paid almost $2 per hour more than the people who have been working there longer such as my nephew.

My nephew went to his supervisor to ask why, but the supervisor said it was handed down from chain of command and he could do nothing about it.

I intend to write a letter to the company, not that it will change anything but I want them to know that the word is getting out about who they pander to. Thought I would share with everyone I can....I know I won't be purchasing anything from Autozone again.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I sent them a response

I understand that corporate fired a young man because he didnt speak spanish.And you hired a young woman who is fluent in spanish and not knowlegable in the auto parts industry !!! How apaulling tyhis is not the american company i have given money for for parts for my automobile .
    but if you handle your employees this way i will no oonger patronise your facilities. and trust me i will spread the news as well. that auto zone is now discriminating against english speaking americans