Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've quit eatting yogurt, cakes made from cake mixes bought in stores, corona beer, and etc. I'm not going ot support people who refuse to learn english and companies that catter to hispanics. Maybe I should complain to Betty Crocker to put their labels in all languages of the world so they can cater to all of us. :P I'm sure they'd like that one.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

JAK
    I sent an email to Betty Crocker with my complaints about spanish instructions. This is their reply. I responded to this letter, but have not heard from them again thus far.

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your comment about bilingual packages. We are sorry you were offended.

These packages are part of our effort to reach the growing number of people of Hispanic origin in the United States. According to the 1990 census, over 22 million Hispanics reside in the U.S., and of those, 75 percent rely on Spanish as their primary language. These people select their food from the same shelves as the general population, but their understanding of these products is limited. We wish to offer them and their families an equal opportunity to enjoy our quality products.

Our efforts to reach the Hispanic residents are in no way intended to be un-American. A proud American company, General Mills employs over 80,000 people in the United States. In a country where the ethnic composition is changing rapidly, the livelihood of our employees is increasingly dependent on consumption of our products by people of all races, creeds and ethnic origins. Thus, we have initiated attempts to reach Spanish-speaking customers.

We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and will carefully review the information you provided with our promotion and advertising staff. We value every one of our customers and we would like to continue to include you among them in the use and enjoyment of our products.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Dew

General Mills

Consumer Services

>>

>Originated by Consumer To Whom it May Concern: Why are your directions in spanish??? Are we not in the United States?? If you were seekiing hispanic's that are LEGAL, you wouldn't have to be pandering...but illegals are whom you seek...because most of them refuse to learn english. I will no longer buy your products and will be asking others to do the same. Americans were great when you were working your way to the top...and now...we are trying to be made second rate citizens. Continually being put on the back burner, while others panders to a people who have massively overtaken our borders and IMPOSED themselves on the American people!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At least they acknowledge the fact that 75% of these interlopers have refused to learn English.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    At least they acknowledge the fact that 75% of these interlopers have refused to learn English.
    Ditto.

On another note... I believe in equal oppertunity as well as per quote... "We wish to offer them and their families an equal opportunity to enjoy our quality products. " What about other ethnicities(sp?) in this world and in America?
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

Ginger -snaps ...right Spanish..You will an all expense paid trip to MEXICO...a border town of your choice.....Kidding :P
    Lucky for me the soup can has a picture so I know it was chicken Noodle..
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I say quite boycott or not ..the LOT OF THEM..Heck I can still read English and have a cook book...I'll freakin make it myself

Really PISSED IN TEXAS
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

(Giggles) Yea now I feel like I'm back in kindergarden looking at pictures trying to figure out what stuff is. Like picture books.

JAk I recieved the exact same response. But I do believe if enough of us say we're going to "boycott" if will wake them up!
    I sent a response to their response saying remember the "MILLER" boycott how fast would you like your stocks to fall!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123