Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tracked Events: H.R. 1557: For the relief of Elvira Arellano
    There are no recent tracked events for these monitors.
    The next meeting of the Senate is Jul 9, 2007; the House next meets Jul 10, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    What's the deal with this anyway? Maybe it's just me, but I've got a feeling there's more behind this than just benefiting Elvira. I mean, would it be possible, if they succeeded in getting this passed, that it could then be used to try and ensure amnesty for the rest of the illegals in the country?

Knowing that these folks can't be trusted, and everything they do seems to have an ulterior motive behind it, it's just something I've been wondering about, that's all.
    No, it's not just you. I thought the same thing as soon as I started reading the thread.

We need someone to advise on strategy. This can't be allowed to happen because, yes, it has much larger implications. I can't believe the House would pass this. If someone wants to hold up an illegal Hispanic as a model for citizenship, a savior for the undocumented, for God's sake, don't trot out a charmless scofflaw. She will besmirch the entire Hispanic community if she's allowed to stay here.

This has been tried before and failed. I don't think Congress is much in the mood for this now. Maybe we can get something out of Tom Tancredo's office?

The reason that Congressman Guttierez would try to pass something like this is that Elvira Arellano has publicity. Somewhere some Mexican is going to be cut out and neither the Congressman or Elvira care. They are just the faceless lawabiding Mexican adherent of the American Immigration law
    Richard,
    you got that right
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

We have to stop this one too.
    No amnesty... Ever!!!

The reason Luis Gutierrez would try to pass this is because he represents ONLY the Latino faction and to hell with the rest of America. People of his ilk have absolutely NO business in elected office.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I would just like to make explicit the coincidence that everybody surely sees.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez...

is trying to pass a "law"...

that really flouts the law...

to help Elvira Arellano flout the nation.

In a previous post, I pointed out another "coincidence":

The following senators voted for cloture on S.1639:

Martinez (R-FL)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Salazar (D-CO)

So, now we have the following "quadruple coincidence":

Sen. Martinez
    Sen. Menendez
    Sen. Salazar

Rep. Gutierrez

are all for amnesty, (illegal) immigration, etc...

I personally believe I see a pattern emerging, a pattern I suspect has "predictive power", in that once you identify the pattern, you can then predict, or foretell, the future immigration votes of other members of Congress who fit the pattern (or "profile" as it were).
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Sen. Martinez
    Sen. Menendez
    Sen. Salazar

Rep. Gutierrez
    Not even the tip of the iceberg...look head of GOP , Justice dept., Commerce dept...oh yes the pattern is a super highway
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Appears this was introduced in March 2007?
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1557

What is your source of info dianasanchez?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Here:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio ... 1284921656

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Not to mention she was already arrested for using a fake social security card to illegally work which would bar her from getting a visa
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast