Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well those Black Leaders ARE NOT, speaking for this Black Woman, or my family!

I think some Black Leaders, and some black ppl are up for anything that they see as a chance to get back at "The Man" (white man) meaning our Federal government!

The Hispanic/Latino communities are using us Blacks, our past history with the white people, and the established leaders we do have, to further, and stregthen their cause, and we are dumb enough to fall for it!

We are cutting off our own noses to spite our faces.

This "uniting" is going to HURT ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS!

You are right, America1st....just listen to them talk about the 'new civil rights movement.' What they forget is that they are not citizens. And I hope they never will be.

I saw a black preacher on tv saying that blacks were in agreement with illegal immigrants and I nearly fell out of my chair. With 40% of black men being unemployed they're FOR illegal immigrants?? Nonsense...each individual black should be speaking out for themselves and their rights in this issue. It isn't up to J Jackson or A Sharpton to say what 'blacks' want. That's insulting.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Now I do believe the Bush family will be on top - but not these silly, selfish, so-called lawmakers.
    I dunno nntrixie. If you were a really smart person,-- a person who figured out a way to rule the world --would you want some loose cannon, spoiled brat who never grew up around you?

....just listen to them talk about the 'new civil rights movement.' What they forget is that they are not citizens. And I hope they never will be.
    AMEN, RoadRunner!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Found this article at Fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190871,00.html

Blacks Worried of Immigration Bill's Impact on Wages

Thursday , April 06, 2006

NEWARK, N.J. — The men stood just a few hundred yards away from each other in the busy hardware store parking lot, but their lives were far apart.

On one end, Oscar Bautista of El Salvador leaned against a low stone wall, hands shoved deep into his jeans pockets, and said he had been waiting more than three hours for a job. Across the lot, Art Jackson loaded potting soil into his Dodge Durango. Gesturing toward Bautista, he complained that immigrants are making it harder for Americans to keep good jobs, especially blacks.

"You need to take care of home first," said Jackson, an African-American phone salesman from northern New Jersey.

Blacks and Latinos each must fight racial bias, and they're often united on social and political issues. But they often differ when it comes to immigration.

As Congress tussles with immigration reform, many African-Americans worry that more undocumented workers would make it tougher to earn a good living — and to close stubborn economic gaps between blacks and whites.

Newcomers make black progress harder — they're "taking us back, us black people," said Wesley Crawford, who works at Source of Knowledge, a bookstore and gift shop in Newark. "It's a misconception that they're taking jobs we don't want. If you give people a good job, they will work."

While hundreds of thousands of Hispanic immigrants and their supporters protested possible anti-immigrant policies in recent weeks, the nation's most prominent black leaders were elsewhere. Jesse Jackson and the presidents of the NAACP and National Urban League have all been to New Orleans to try and stop the upcoming local election, which they say is unfair to the tens of thousands of blacks uprooted by Hurricane Katrina. Shortly after the storm, Jackson and others publicly complained that Latino workers seemed to have more access than blacks to rebuilding jobs.

Bruce S. Gordon, president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said in a telephone interview that African-American and Latino bonds are strong and that his "spirit was there" at the immigration marches.

While he empathizes with blacks who fear heavy immigration, Gordon said the real barriers to progress are discrimination, mediocre schools and not enough good jobs, among other things.

"People are yielding to the temptation to pit black against brown," he said. "This has existed for years, but it's deceptive."

Most of the immigration protests have focused on a bill passed by the House of Representatives that would make illegal immigration a felony, and all but one black voting member of Congress, Rep. Harold Ford Jr. of Tennessee, was against it, according to the Congressional Black Caucus.

Immigration experts disagree sharply over whether the newcomers help or hurt the American economy, especially black workers, but there's general agreement that low-skilled immigrants drive down wages for all native-born laborers who didn't graduate high school.

More than one in five blacks are high school dropouts, Census 2005 estimates show, and that number doubles for Latinos. Some say this shows blacks are actually unlikely to compete with Hispanic immigrants for jobs — and the groups can be allies.

"The Mexican who arrived last month is more often in direct competition with a Mexican who's been here five years than with an African-American who was born here," said Frank Sharry, executive director for the National Immigration Forum, which pushes for easier legalized immigration.

Still, many blacks feel threatened, said Earl Ofari Hutchinson, a black writer and activist in Los Angeles. "The civil rights leaders say we're all united, but the average (black) person on the street is taking great offense at this group coming in and essentially taking over," he said.

Nearly half of Los Angeles residents are Latino, many born in Mexico and Central America. About one in 10 are black. As the size and influence of Latino community has grown, long-standing black neighborhoods have become Latino and a Mexican-American mayor was elected last year. In recent months, violent Latino-black turf battles have erupted in area prisons and schools.

The tension is not isolated. Officially, Latino Baltimore grew nearly 50 percent between 1990 and 2003 to about 11,300 — but Raphael Regales of the mayor's Office of Hispanic Affairs, puts the number closer to 40,000. Some blacks have complained about new services for immigrant day laborers: "People say, 'We need jobs, too,"' he said. "It's not all rosy and beautiful all the time, but in the end the communities will see it's best to work together."

Some hope that will happen in Newark, too. The city has long been about one-third Latino, mostly Puerto Rican, but communities of Ecuadoran and Dominican immigrants are growing fast. Meanwhile, El Club del Barrio, a nonprofit Latino social services agency near downtown, serves a growing number of blacks.

On Newark's Broad Street, Elizabeth Varner, a retired educator from East Orange, relaxed outside the Source of Knowledge store and said she welcomes the newcomers. "If people are here working, they should be given the chance to stay. As African-Americans, who are we to say, 'Send them home."'
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is a radio station in Dallas called "Casa" they play "black music" supposedly, but I think we can all tell who their target market is..

There is a radio station in Dallas called "Casa" they play "black music" supposedly, but I think we can all tell who their target market is..
    Most of the Mexican young people around here listen to that hateful sounding rap music with all the cussing in it. They play it so loud you can hear it all the way around the block most of the time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On Newark's Broad Street, Elizabeth Varner, a retired educator from East Orange, relaxed outside the Source of Knowledge store and said she welcomes the newcomers. "If people are here working, they should be given the chance to stay. As African-Americans, who are we to say, 'Send them home."'
    Varner can welcome them all she want, but they sure wont welcome you.

This is the kind of mentality that pisses me OFF. As if blacks should not have the audacity to say who should “go home”. They work alright. They work under the table and constantly drain the system.

I guess terrorists that are working should stay also?

we the people -- black and white -- need new leaders . . .

H.K. Eagerton

Why had his ancestor fought for the Confederacy? For the same reason Southern whites fought for it: Because his homeland was being invaded! Whether slave or free, like the nine out of 10 whites who owned no slaves, the South was his country too.

http://www.nevadadailymail.com/story/1095721.html
    the U.S. government is again invading the states

". . . we know why many liberal, big government politicians, special interests and the news media hate the South, our symbols and our heritage. For we are the only people capable of defending what is left of our liberties from onslaught from the forces of globalism and tyranny. . . .

. . . Our history, people and heritage are living examples and symbols of resistance to tyranny here at home and abroad. The bravery of our troops and our Southern leaders is legendary. The dedication of our people and our resistance to Lincoln's attempts to wipe out our nation, our history and our heritage continues to this day. From war and unconstitutional invasion during 1861 to 1865, to unlawful military occupation, then reconstruction to economic oppression, the attacks continue. Still today with educational propaganda, the legal system and much of the establishment media against us, the war goes on by other means over 142 years after we as a people and as sovereign Southern states of the Confederacy said no to Lincoln, his destruction of our constitutional Christian republic of limited powers, state sovereignty and personal liberties.
    ". . . And as for President Lincoln, our American hero, who signed the Emancipation Proclamation. In march of 1861 Abraham Lincoln called all those black leaders in his office and he told them -- Even if I set you free you'll be inferior. You need to get out of the country because I will colonize you. Lincoln proposed the 13th Amendment, being the only President ever to do so. That amendment said Congress would never have the power to interrupt an institution of state. He told the southerners they could keep the slaves if they paid the North a 42% tariff. The South agreed to a 10% tariff but not 42%. So, who I am supposed to blame the institution of slavery on?

"At that time, one of the richest men in the world, John D. Rothchild told his family to put all their money into the Confederacy and described Lincoln as a crook. He said the slaves in the south were better off than the slaves in the north who had to work for next to nothing in the cotton mills.

. . . "Bill Clinton's apology to (the black race) doesn't mean a thing to me. If Bill Clinton was any kind of a man he would march right down to the Education Secretary and demand that we start telling the truth to all about our history. If there are any apologies to be given, it is me. I need to apologize for walking away from the Christians in the South because I was lied to. Even the NAACP is not a black run operation. The national board is run by white liberals and Jews and I question their motives. . . .

. . . "Now I have to watch the Cuban flag flying in land we used to have and know that they can live in Florida without ever speaking English. And I have to hear John Rocker get off the subway in New York and not even know where he is. Well, come get me John Rocker because I don't know where we are either and I want to know.

"My fight for my people continues. In all my speeches, I say -- Don't hurt my people, forgive them. We just don't know. -- I grew up with the same lies, claiming that Lincoln liberated and saved me. What a crock. All we have to do is think about this thing and search out the truth. I would encourage all my African-American friends to go to Southern Confederate Veterans' meetings and they will be greeted open-armed. The only day we will truly be free is when H.K. Edgerton walks out his door and every African-American is holding a Confederate Flag and I will say one thing - Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Praise God, Hallelujah.
    I reposted that here because a lot has happened since I posted it last. Can you just imagine what OUR President and Congress would say if every African-American is holding a Confederate Flag? While they have made no statement against the Mexican flag being flown or the Cuban flag, they'd have the National Guard in the streets if the CITIZENS flew the flag against tyranny -- a bunch of 'vigilantes'
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

The Myth Of A Black Consensus
    by Wayne D. Carlson - Posted: 08.10.00

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Kweise Mfume are among some of the most visible, and recognizable, self-proclaimed, and media heralded mouthpieces for what is casually referred to as “the black community” in America. Scarcely a week, and oft-times a day, goes by that one or the other is not being quoted, photographed, interviewed, or televised in some form or fashion. They have eagerly assumed the presumptuous mantle, to speak on behalf of “their people”, without acknowledging that there are sharp differences of opinion among large numbers of people of African descent.

Many of us recognize that the men and women of this media-hyped class operate under the same ideological umbrella of cultural Marxism. They all use the same rhetoric of “racial oppression”, “injustice”, and “victimization”. They practice the fine art of demagoguery in seeking ever- higher levels of government largess and invasiveness to fund programs designed to increase wealth redistribution and to “solve” a never-ending series of “problems” that only tax money and government coercion can solve.

What too few Americans realize is that there are growing numbers of black conservatives (possibly due to a growing black middle class) that resent the fact that the Democratic Party in general, and the previously mentioned left-wing extremists in particular, act as though they do not exist and that they speak for all blacks. They do not. These black conservatives resent the idea, as a flagrant form of racism, that suggests that blacks need special help in order to achieve success on their own. They oppose racially based government programs like quotas and affirmative action. There are plenty of these black conservative voices out there, but you rarely hear or see them in the mainstream media. Where are the nationally syndicated columns, news broadcasts, or televised interviews with radio personality Larry Elder, columnist Walter Williams, or writer, lecturer, and webmaster J.J. Johnson? (SierraTimes.com)

Last week I attempted to point out the considerable documentary evidence that exists to challenge the myth that blacks were overwhelmingly unsupportive of the South’s determination to forge a new nation in the middle of the nineteenth century. We now know that hundreds of thousands of blacks willingly, even eagerly, did their utmost to defend Dixie. Somehow, the fact that tens of thousands of blacks fought under arms, shoulder to shoulder, in fully integrated Southern military units (they were segregated in Northern armies) does not sit well with the historical revisionists that would have us believe the lie that Lincoln invaded, subjugated, and destroyed eleven free and sovereign states, in order to “free the slaves”.

Where is CNN, C-SPAN, and the Associated Press when articulate, well-informed blacks are found among the featured speakers at Southern Heritage events, Confederate flag llies, or, simply “marching for the black Confederate soldiers who were fighting for state rights and their freedom to protect their land during the Civil War (sic)?” In an article gleaned from The Daily Mississippian, but ignored by the leftist controlled national media, a story is told of a black man by the name of Anthony Hervey who recently marched around the campus of Old Miss in Oxford, dressed in Confederate uniform and carrying a large Confederate battle flag. Mr. Hervey is a PhD candidate who has obviously discovered something that has long remained hidden from the general public. In publicly embracing the Confederate flag, Mr. Hervey is making a powerful statement that challenges the myth that on the subject of the Confederacy, blacks and whites can find no common ground. In a large understatement, Hervery is quoted as saying, “I think the Confederacy and the Confederate flag have been given a bad image.”

Columnist Walter Williams would certainly concur. In a piece published earlier this year, Williams said, “Black civil rights activists and their white liberal supporters who’re attacking the Confederate flag have committed a deep, despicable dishonor to our patriotic black ancestors who marched, fought and died to protect their homeland from what they saw as Northern aggression.” Kathryn Hamilton of Portsmouth, Virginia discovered that one of her ancestors was a black soldier that donned the grey and served with Company K of the 41st Virginia Infantry. “Growing up, I did think of it (the flag) as a racist symbol. But after finding out that Jason fought for the Confederacy, I look at them differently now,” says Hamilton.

H.K. Edgerton, a former President of the Asheville, NC chapter of the NAACP, who now works with The Southern Legal Resource Center defending the Confederacy and its symbols, recognizes the misunderstanding many people have. After being accosted by two black men for carrying a Confederate flag, he remarked, “I know and understand their pain because they’ve been lied to for so long. A lot of people know nothing about that time in history.” In an interview conducted by Dana Davis for “The Tribune”, Edgerton places the blame squarely where it belongs. He blames both the media and the educational establishment “for creating the perception that exists today regarding southern history.” Calling it a continuation of the lies directed against “Christian southern white folks,” Edgerton adds, “African Americans in this country don’t know a thing about that war and that time. They see that flag and someone says slavery and it all falls apart and they think of Southern Christian white folks as being evil. These blacks today have no idea what took place back then.” He continues, “Bill Clinton’s apology to (the black race) doesn’t mean a thing to me. If Bill Clinton was any kind of a man he would march right down to the Education Secretary and demand that we start telling the truth about our history.” Mr. Edgerton closes his interview by saying that, “It was the wealthy African leaders who sold the poorer Africans to the (Yankee) slave traders. Blacks want to speak of their African heritage, when it was their heritage that sold them out to slavery. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for blacks today to follow the Muslim religion, and Muslims practice slavery today. But no one wants to talk about that.

Perhaps the end of real racial division, at least here in the South, will come when we can all embrace our history as “Southerners”. I would like to see us echo the sentiments of black research librarian at South Carolina State University, Robert Harrison, who said, “That’s not a white man’s flag. That’s not a black man’s flag. It’s our flag!” All of us need to begin turning a deaf ear to the race-baiting diatribes that emanate from the mouths of those that make their living by stirring up racial hostility and refuse to acknowledge truth. Does anyone remember when Bill Clinton promised us a national “dialogue on race”? Whatever became of it? Did someone come to the realization that if the truth got out of the bag it would conflict with the interests of those that profit by division? In the interest of social harmony it’s worth pondering isn’t it?

I welcome comments at wcarlson@i-plus.net

http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/carl ... 081000.htm
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Dallas City Council Members who support Illegals

Mayor Pro Tem Donald W. Hill

Leo V. Chaney
    James L. Fantroy
    Maxine Thorton Reese
    Al Lipscomb-No longer on the council but was at the rally celebrating with them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast