Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd--you are absolutely right. It's up to Americans now.

So maybe if I'd voted for Kerry, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Who would have figured?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kerry met with La Raza and in his speech, promised he would give them what they wanted, within the first 100 days of his adminstration. He's no American either.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

dxd
    Wavetek,
    You are right Kerry is no American either. As a matter of fact I was a on the air with him once on C-SPAN as a caller and I opened by saying,"Senator Kerry, you attempt to market yourself as patriot but the truth is....etc

But you know that any President can NOT give amnesty to illegal aliens(a legislative function) without congress and Kerry with a republican congress would get nothing. Clinton tried to get amnesty with a republican congress and did not get it. I did a write-in in 2004 for President. But there were some people that were saying that the way to stop amnesty is Kerry with a republican congress.

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    Kerry met with La Raza and in his speech, promised he would give them what they wanted, within the first 100 days of his adminstration. He's no American either.
    I remember that! Wasnt Theresa (his wife) saying, "AND YALL CAN CALL ME MAMA", or something like that?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep Butterbean, Theresa's circle of friends call her "Mama T". And that came out in the campaign.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have written to both my senators and told them that an amnesty or guest worker is not acceptable, not needed...85% of the American people do NOT want it.
    Then I ask them if they'd rather face a lame duck president or an infuriated electorate??

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Is Sessions the ONLY one in the senate that we can appeal to for a filibuster?? Too bad Tancredo or Russell Pearce isn't in the senate.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Banned
    I posted this LATE last night on another thread...

Well, I guess there's not a Georgian here that cares much today. I spent several hours perusing the U.S. Senate, got through the first 49 alphabetically. I had no idea that this issue is dealt with so apathetically by those whom we have elected.

In the first 49, I found 13 that included 'Immigration/Border Security' in their list of ISSUES, and only 5 that could be considered 'Border advocates'. If you don't want to count to 49, I got to Hutchison, Kay Bailey.

Here are the 5 Patriots.

1. Allard-R-Co.
    2. Burns-R-Mt.
    3. Coburn-R-Ok.
    4. DeMint-R-S.C.
    5. Gregg-R-N.H.

In that same 49, 7 claimed to support the Presidents 'initiative', and 5 were in the Open Borders/Amnesty crowd.

What disgusts me most is that less than 40% of our elected Senators even consider this an ISSUE, and only 10% are on the RIGHT SIDE of it! I got so dismayed I couldn't even do the other 51! Aw hell, I'll get some sleep and do them tomorrow.

And it's officially 3AM EST. Somebody fix the board clock! LOL!

dxd
    Roadrunner,
    No, Senator Jeff Sessions is not the only senator that can launch a filibuster. Any senator can and it only takes ONE. I mentioned Sessions because he has proven to be our best friend in the Senate on this issue up until now and he is our best chance of actually getting the filibuster, but you can call any senator and tell them to filibuster any guest worker amnesty that is brought to the senate floor.

As far as Tancredo in the house, we may be calling on him later as things progress to raise "points of order", but we will have to see how things actually play out to see if that would be an appropriate move. We have a lot of moves, including calling on house members who oppose guest worker amnesty to switch parties to independent.

We will see who is for real on this issue and who is a fraud. We must expect those in the senate and house who say they are on our side to use "EVERY" legal, procedural and political tool at their disposal to stop guest worker amnesty. Voting against it may not be enough, because Bush will use a coalition of democrats and republicans to try to get it through, like he got 245i through the house. Fortunately, 245i never became law because Senator Byrd filibustered it in the senate. Keep in mind that a filibuster can be defeated with 60 votes in the senate, but 60 votes is a higher threshhold than a simple majority.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123