Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Breaking: Michael Flynn Resigns Amid Uproar Over Russia Ties

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    CNN guests are all saying it wasn't what Flynn actually did, it was the misinformation he gave Pence before he went on that TV interview. It's also saying that Trump didn't fire him, Trump was standing by him, but Flynn felt it was too much of a distraction and decided to resign for good of the Presidency.
    LOL. Whatever happened to CNN being fake news? Like I said earlier, I doubt Trump would have let him go if there wasn't some evidence to support the accusations against Flynn.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From Cybersecurity reporter at Politico:

Eric Geller
    @ericgeller

A small group of current and former national security officials just leaked Mike Flynn out of a job. Does anyone think they'll stop there?
    8:11 PM - 13 Feb 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericgeller
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-14-2017 at 02:16 AM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Resignation Letter from Michael Flynn:

February 13, 2017

In the course of my duties as the Incoming National Security Advisor, I held numerous phone calls with foreign counterparts, ministers, and ambassadors. These calls were to facilitate a smooth transition and begin to build the necessary relationships between the President, his advisors and foreign leaders. Such calls are standard practice in any transition of this magnitude.

Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the president and the Vice President, and they have accepted my apology.

Throughout my over thirty three years of honorable military service, and my tenure as the National Security Advisor, I have always performed my duties with the utmost of integrity and honesty to those I have served, to include the President of the United States.

I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such a distinguished way.

I am also extremely honored to have served President Trump, who in just three weeks, has reprinted American foreign policy in fundamental ways to restore America's leadership position in the world.

As I step away once again from serving my nation in this current capacity, I wish to thank President Trump for his personal loyalty, the friendship of those who I worked with throughout the hard fought campaign, the challenging period of transition, and during the early days of his presidency.

I know with the strong leadership of President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence and the superb team they are assembling, this team will go down in history as one of the greatest presidencies in U.S history, and I firmly believe the american people will be well served as they all work together to help Make America Great Again.

Michael T. Flynn, LTG (Ret)
    Assistant to the President/ National Security Advisor

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...y-adviser.html
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Flynn has resigned because of 9 unauthorized security leaks out of the intelligence community about an illegal transcript of an illegal recording of a foreign conversation with a private US citizen whose identity is protected by law and encryption and can't even be identified or known by those doing the spying without the authorization of the President at the time which was Barack Obama.

Flynn did nothing wrong, except possibly misstate or leave out something raised in his phone call with the Ambassador of Russia when asked about it by Pence who I guess asked him about it when Pence was getting ready to go on television and do his big interview and thought he might be asked about it.

Flynn was definitely set-up and has been framed by the CORRUPT MEDIA and INTEL COMMUNITY. That's why the intel community leaked the story, that's why the corrupt media went with anonymous sources, no transcript, no evidence, nothing but blah blah blah.

Trump needs to hunt down every one of those 9 anonymous sources and remove them from government immediately and permanently and prosecute them.

Flynn had a big dispute with the INTEL COMMUNITY, he didn't believe their INTEL was right in a number of areas and the dispute was so big that it caused Obama to dismiss him as head of Defense Intelligence.

It's not Flynn who has anything to hide, it's the INTEL COMMUNITY, because Flynn knows they're fabricating INTEL. So they've set him up. This is the same INTEL COMMUNITY that sent Colin Powell to the United Nations to tell them lies about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. This is the same INTEL COMMUNITY that's spent $500 million training 3 Syrian Rebels. This is the same INTEL COMMUNITY that establishes safe houses in Benghazi. This is the same INTEL COMMUNITY that's tried to convince the American Public Trump won the election because Russia hacked the DNC. This is the same INTEL COMMUNITY that doesn't want the United States to be friends with Russia.

This isn't an indictment of Flynn, it's an indictment of the INTEL COMMUNITY that has at least 9 employees leaking classified information concerning national security to the CORRUPT MEDIA for illicit political purposes.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-14-2017 at 02:45 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

House Republican Wants FBI Assessment of Trump Related Leaks

https://www.alipac.us/f9/top-house-r...-leaks-343597/

Top House Republican wants FBI 'assessment' on Trump-related leaks

By Catherine Herridge
    February 13, 2017 FoxNews.com

The Republican leadership of the House Intelligence Committee wants the FBI to do an assessment of recent media leaks that have revealed details of sensitive discussions involving key Trump administration officials.

"We are going to be outlining all of our concerns over the last 60 days that appear to all be related, maybe even coordinated in some ways," committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told Fox News. "I am going to be asking the FBI to do an assessment of this to tell us what's going on here because we cannot continue to have these leaks as a government."

The leaks include reported details from phone calls between President Donald Trump and the leaders of Australia and Mexico; from the intelligence community investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential campaign; and most recently from conversations between National Security Adviser Mike Flynn and the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

The latter leak has created new pressures for the Trump White House, even raising questions about Flynn's future with the administration.

But the release of information from the Flynn phone calls also appears especially problematic, because when the intelligence community captures phone calls of an American inside the U.S., even if the discussion involves a foreign national (in this case an ambassador), steps must be taken to shield the American caller's identity.

"If [the conversation] was picked up inadvertently, then that would have had to been approved by someone in the last administration to actually unmask his name so that the FBI or intelligence officials knew who it was on the other end of the phone talking to the Russian ambassador," Nunes explained. "If in fact the press reports are right, someone made the decision to deliberately listen to General Flynn's phone calls and that is, I think, unprecedented, unwarranted, and flat-out wrong."

Former NSA analyst and whistleblower Bill Binney confirmed to Fox News that surveillance programs that touch on leadership are highly restricted.

"I think it is compartmentalized, meaning a small circle, less than 100 [people would have access to the intelligence]," Binney said. "They are supposed to minimize the American side. ... All presumed U.S. citizens have rights under the Fourth Amendment."

Nunes said the timing may be significant because the authorization to unmask Flynn was likely taken under the Obama administration, as the phone calls occurred in December. The committee chairman said the issue goes beyond politics because it is also undermining the relationship between a president and world leaders.

"I think all foreign leaders now are going to be worried that this is going to somehow leak out. I think it has done tremendous damage to [America's] reputation around the world, and no one's talking about it -- and this is because someone in the national security apparatus decided to leak this out. It's very, very serious," he said.

Simply revealing the contents of the calls can have the effect of what the intelligence community calls "burning the source," because the parties involved know beyond a doubt the U.S. government has the ability to track the conversations. The leaking of information about the investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. race points to the possible compromise of even more sensitive collection sources.

"If the shoe was on the other foot here and this was a Democrat, you can imagine Democrats in the House and the Senate would be going crazy - if this happened to someone within the Obama administration from one of our national security agencies," Nunes said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ted-leaks.html
    Last edited by Judy; 02-14-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    LOL. Whatever happened to CNN being fake news? Like I said earlier, I doubt Trump would have let him go if there wasn't some evidence to support the accusations against Flynn.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    From Cybersecurity reporter at Politico:

Eric Geller
    @ericgeller

A small group of current and former national security officials just leaked Mike Flynn out of a job. Does anyone think they'll stop there?
    8:11 PM - 13 Feb 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericgeller
    Exactly. And no they won't stop there. Their target is Donald Trump.

I hope Flynn sues them for violating his civil rights under the 4th Amendment. I hope the DOJ Civil Rights Division pursues an investigation. I hope Mike Pompeo conducts his own investigation. I hope NSA is investigated. I hope the FBI is investigated. I hope Barack Obama is investigated. I hope all these scums are investigated and held accountable.

Foreign correspondents in Moscow when asked about the Flynn resignation are saying it's disappointing for Russia, because they see the attacks on Flynn, were an attack on a new relationship with Russia and their concern at high levels in Russia who were hopeful about a new and better relationship with the United States might not happen now because Trump may pivot back to the old guard for political survival.

I wonder. I'm not sure Trump would do that, because he's very committed to trying to make better deals with Russia and improve our relationship perhaps to the point of being friends. I hope he doesn't back off. I hope he stays the course, but he'll need a lot of support from the American People to move it forward, because he's going to have some of the worst people in the world who are willing to do and say anything to get their way to try to keep him from doing this for US.

Today was not a good day for the United States, this was an awful day. A good man was basically rattled into resigning to protect a Presidency from the government designed to serve him and his agenda for the people of our country. A President is besieged with a battle he doesn't have time to fight so accepts the resignation of the good man who was also one of his closest advisors and a good friend. A hopeful new relationship with Russia, vitally important to the national security of the United States, has been seriously compromised. Spying on US citizens in the United States is revealed as on-going despite all the lies by the NSA to the contrary. Violation of a private citizen's 4th Amendment rights of due process violated by the US government was put on broad display throughout the world.

Where are the protectors of our national security? Silent, but for one, Representative Devin Nunes.

Where are the protectors of our civil rights? Silent, but for one, Representative Devin Nunes.

Thank you Representative Nunes, thank you very very much.

I don't know anything about Devin Nunes, or whether I agree with him on any issue but this one, but this is a big one, so I thank the people of CALIFORNIA's 22nd DISTRICT, and the beautiful region of the San Joaquin Valley that he represents, for sending Congressman Nunes to the United States Congress. Representative Nunes is Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-14-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Russian lawmakers rush to the defense of Trump’s ex-national security adviser

By Andrew Roth February 14 at 5:06 AM

MOSCOW — Leading Russian lawmakers rushed to defend President Trump’s embattled national security adviser on Tuesday after he resigned for misleading senior White House officials, including Vice President Pence, about his contacts with Russia.

The heads of the foreign affairs committees in both Russia’s upper and lower houses of parliament chalked up Michael Flynn’s resignation to a dark campaign of Russophobia in Washington, and said it would undermine relations between the White House and the Kremlin.

Konstantin Kosyachov of the upper house wrote in a post on Facebook that readiness for dialogue with Moscow was now seen in Washington as a “thoughtcrime,” a reference to the George Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984.

“To force the resignation of the national security adviser for contacts with the Russian ambassador (normal diplomatic practice) is not even paranoia, but something immeasurably worse,” he wrote. “Either Trump has failed to gain his desired independence and is being cornered consistently (and not without success), or Russophobia has infected even the new administration, from top to bottom.”

Flynn was accused of holding discussions over the U.S. sanctions regime against Russia with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak before Trump was sworn in as president last month.

Flynn stepped down amid mounting pressure on the Trump administration to account for its false statements about Flynn’s conduct.

The Washington Post reported Monday that the Justice Department had warned the White House last month that Flynn had so mischaracterized his communications with the Russian diplomat that he might be vulnerable to blackmail by Moscow.

“Flynn was ‘pushed out’ not because of his mistake, but because of the unfolding campaign of aggression, ‘Russian for the Exit!’ shout the newspapers. Paranoia and a witch hunt,” tweeted Alexei Pushkov, a senator in the upper house, referring to the New York Daily News headline.

In a separate tweet he wrote: “The mission isn’t Flynn, it’s relations with Russia.”

“It is kind of a negative signal for normalizing the Russian-American dialogue,” head of the lower house’s affairs committee, Leonid Slutsky, said in remarks released by his press service.

Earlier, a Kremlin spokesman, Dmitri Peskov, confirmed that Flynn had “some conversations and communications,” but said that reports that the two had discussed sanctions before Trump’s inauguration “incorrect.”

Peskov said Flynn’s resignation was an internal matter for the U.S. and declined to comment further on it during a call with journalists on Tuesday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.4aef3e2522e4

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast