By: Ben Marquis on August 24, 2016 at 8:06am
BREAKING: Trump Just Responded To Mexico’s President

In an admission that may be somewhat surprising to some, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity during a recent townhall meeting that he would be happy to meet with the current president of Mexico.

According to ABC News, that remark came following a recent report that Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto stated his desire to meet and work with the next president of the United States, no matter who it was.

“I’d meet with him,” Trump said. “Absolutely, I’d meet with him.”

The comment was surprising to some considering the rather hard line Trump has taken toward Mexico throughout the campaign season, such as his insistence that he will build a border wall at Mexico’s expense and seek to renegotiate trade deals viewed as more favorable to Mexico than the U.S.

The statement from Peña Nieto was just as surprising as well, considering he had earlier compared Trump to the likes of fascist dictators like Nazi Germany’s Adolf Hitler and Italy’s Benito Mussolini.

“I have never met him,” Peña Nieto said of Trump, according to Reuters. “I can’t agree with some of the things he has said, but I will be absolutely respectful and will seek to work with whoever becomes the next president of the United States.”

Donald Trump and the president of Mexico most likely won’t be close friends, but they can definitely work together on those issues they agree upon while agreeing to disagree where they must.

That is called “being presidential,” and despite protestations to the contrary from a liberal media that has all but written off Trump’s candidacy, it is something he has shown he can do, and something he most certainly will have to do if he attains the White House.

BREAKING: Trump Just Responded To Mexico’s President