Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush Will Veto Transportatiuon Bill

I stand corrected, W.

Senator Dorgan was just on Lou Dobbs. He said Bush will veto the Transportation bill because of the Mexican truck deal. Dorgan says that the Inspector General says that no data base has been created yet to investigate the drivers and that the inspectors at the border will be unable to inspect every truck.
    Dorgan said the bill will now go to conference, but didn't say anything about whether they would fight the veto.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No wonder Spector and other traitors voted yes. They all knew Bush would veto the bill.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dorgan said the bill will now go to conference, but didn't say anything about whether they would fight the veto.

If they hear enough of us loud ones they will!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the Texas traitors Cornyn and Hutchinson voted against the bill...low life dogs!!!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

Hope our letters and calls made a difference today. Guess we're going to have to stay on them.

EMAIL from Sen. Sherrod Brown

Thank you for sharing your views about cross-border trucking with Mexico.

In 2001, The Bush Administration made the decision to open our nation's highways to Mexican cargo trucks despite concerns raised by the Government Accountability Office. The Department of Transportation found that opening our borders to these trucks could create significant safety risks.

On February 23 of this year, Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters announced a one-year pilot program to allow approximately 1,000 trucks from 100 Mexican companies to haul freight into the U.S. I strongly opposed President Bush's decision in 2001 and I am equally opposed to this pilot program.

I supported an amendment in H.R. 3074, the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, which passed the Senate, to block funding for the Bush administration’s pilot program.

We cannot sacrifice our nation's homeland security or the safety of our roads to save money for large corporations. I will continue work in the Senate to prevent implementation of the pilot program. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
    Sherrod Brown

I'm pleased he is working for us on this issue, but Senator Brown didn't say whether he would fight to override Bush's veto. It's hard to get an answer out of these guys.

MW
    butterbean wrote:

No wonder Spector and other traitors voted yes. They all knew Bush would veto the bill.
    I'm a long time Republican that hates Sen. Spector's guts, however, I don't believe the thought of a potential veto influenced the overwhelmingly favorable vote in the Senate.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We are all working so hard to prohibit unsafe Mexican trucks entering our country but the Truckers need to join us in the fight. I usually fill up my diesel P/U at the local truck stop and recently asked a few Truckers their opinion about Mexican trucks. The response I received was " I don’t have time to worry about it" "There ain’t no way those trucks will pass inspection" And one Trucker said you are full of defecation that will never happen. I went on to explain that they were already rolling and he said "Oh well" I have called, faxed and e-mailed legislators about Mexican trucks, I cant believe the cavalier attitude the American Truckers have regarding Mexican trucks in our country! I tried to explain unsafe, un- inspected and low wage out of country drivers will eventually take your job and they just did not care! I realize we need to stop this insane program but dang if the Truckers aren’t willing to fight for their livelihood it may be a difficult fight for us to try to save them.

Bulldogger, we are not fighting this just for the truckers. We are trying to keep our highways safe and save lives and keep the drugs and terrorists out of our country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast