Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bush's disapproval rating worst of any president in 70 years

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I often times have had changing and conflicting views about President Bush throughout these years.

After 9/11 I liked him a lot. I agreed with just about everything that he did. I was nervous about us going to war in Iraq and taking Sadam out of power, it seemed like a big thing to do, and it has turned out to be bigger than I thought. I'm sick of it, but somehow, someway whatever he has done has SO FAR kept us safe. I do not think that safety will last forever, I think something could certainly happen, but apparently he understands SOMETHING very well to have kept us this safe for this long.

My anger with him developed over illegal immigration, not the war. The war is complicated, but like I said, he must have done SOMETHING right here as we've been safe for a longer period of time than we had ever expected to be.

I am not SURE, but sometimes I think that we alienated him from us regarding the illegal immigration situation along the way because there was so MUCH Bush bashing. We had a reason for it, as he was headed down a wrong, wrong path and he was being so darn stubborn about it that people did not know what to do.

After the amnesty immigration bill failed, he at least started to enforce the law more than he OR OTHER previous presidents have done in a long time. THAT surprised the heck out of me, personally. I wish he would do more. Whether he will or not is uncertain, but at least he did respond SOMEWHAT.

There's not much more time left. What he will do is hard to say. I think he has come to realize that the problem of illegal immigration for us in America has become worse than he originally thought when he wanted to take the kind hearted approach. He probably still likes that approach, but for some reason he has listened to us a LITTLE.

I wish he'd do more. I don't hold much hope that he will, but I guarantee this.......he has done more than any of these three morons running for president will ever do.

Sorry to say, but he's going to seem like a far better president in the future if and when any of these three nut cases win.

That's my opinion for whatever it's worth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Glad we all got these things off our chest. In the end, at least the ONE thing we can all agree on is that our borders have been and are still wide open for invasion. Let's stop the invasion and get rid of those invaders still in the country. Let's stay focused on our ALIPAC mission and do what we do best!
    Agreed. Let's also not hesitate to criticize traitors, who are doing their level best to deliver America to the world government crowd, regardless of whether they have a "D" or an "R" after their name.
    IN addtion to that, lets not hesitate to take the traitors out of their positions and replace them with law makers that represent us instead of corporate America and the elites. It is time to take our country back!!!

I agree with April...it's time to take our country back! One state at a time.

[quote="TexasBorn"]A lot of people forget a few things: First, the major intelligence agencies, including our own said that Iraq had WMD's. (They even used them on the Kurds as some may forget). Remember this? Also, don't forget that the were over 15? UN resolutions violated by Iraq. No matter how you slice it, the overwhelming sentiment at the time among almost ALL of our congressman, including Clinton was that Iraq posed a major threat and they approved the use of military force. At the time, it was decided that we couldn't allow terrorists even one chance to get their hands on any of these weapons. So, to blame Bush for the Iraq war is unfair at best and irresponsible at worst. 9/11 should have been a grim reminder to everyone that the world we lived in had changed forever. Yes, Iraq has been a mess since the start of the conflict but that's another debate. It does appear that things are improving.

I was up really late one night and I listened to a hearing with congress asking several CIA agents questions on WMDs. Three of the CIA agenst were telling congress that they investigated and found nothing, they were asked to go back in and they came back and said they found nothing. They were told again to go back in and not come out until they found something. They said that they got the idea that they were to say they found something so they did. They said they tried to give the right info, but they right info was not the info that the goverment wanted to hear.
    [

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Bush is a puppet.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by wilro
    Personally, I think Bush, as well as all other presidents, are puppets chosen by the global elite. The elitists let the supposedly "elected" president take the heat for them. He was chosen just like Hillary was already chosen because she most likely supports the elitists ideas. Wasn't it Hillary who attended a 2006 Bilerberg meeting? Although I do think that Bush is allowed to make some decisions on his own.
    I agree with you about Bush and Hillary, and I would also throw Obama and McCain in there with them.

I agree with William. Bush will go down in history as one of the, if not THE, worst Presidents in U.S. history. He'll definitely be in the top five.

I don't know if we'll ever be able to repair the damage he has done to the Republic. By failing to stop the invasion, I think he may have doomed us.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    ANGELATC AND AIRBORNESAPPER7, GREAT POSTS!!! I am ashamed because I voted for Bush twice also. I used to be lead by the MSM too! I feel duped and I will never have my eyes closed EVER again! Thank you everyone here! We are all in this together.
    Thanks. I voted faithfully along party lines too. Up until about a year ago, you'll see posts from me that gleefully supported the war and berated "liberals."

Then I realized that it would be far better to make policy using facts instead of predictions and "instincts" that favor a globalist, one-world agenda.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    ANGELATC AND AIRBORNESAPPER7, GREAT POSTS!!! I am ashamed because I voted for Bush twice also. I used to be lead by the MSM too! I feel duped and I will never have my eyes closed EVER again! Thank you everyone here! We are all in this together.
    Thanks. I voted faithfully along party lines too. Up until about a year ago, you'll see posts from me that gleefully supported the war and berated "liberals."

Then I realized that it would be far better to make policy using facts instead of predictions and "instincts" that favor a globalist, one-world agenda.
    I know you must have done a lot of reading to come to your conclusions. There are more facts than what people want to look at. I too used to support Bush. I only voted for him once though. I knew better the second time around. Some people follow him around like he is some kind of deity, but it appears the smart ones have awakened
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

One by one they wake up. I can't change anybody's mind - God knows nobody could have changed mine - but seeds are planted. It's hard to realize that everything you believe in is either a mistake, or a lie.

Bush did something the other day that I agreed with - cutting Medicare spending - but Congress is going to override him. They can't do that without the support of a significant number of the Senate Republicans.

But he also voted to not fund an expansion of the GI Bill. While I'm all about reducing spending, this certainly isn't the place to do it, especially in a shrinking economy.

The lines between R & D are becoming very blurry. I was reading something at the Huffington Post, and in the comments I saw somebody say (and I am paraphrasing) "You can't support illegal immigration and be a liberal! You're giving corporate america exactly what it wants by doing that." Not only that, there were several people agreeing with that post.

What's next? The Daily Kos?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast