Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is the House always this raucous???

Get on -it's going nuts. They have a line of women representatives saying how wonderful this health act is...

and the other side keeps objecting, speaking over the remarks.

My head is reeling...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a riot!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    ...and the other side keeps objecting, speaking over the remarks.

This is obviously a form of fillibuster that I have never heard of before. Is it possible the "good guys" are using "I object" to shut down the Bill?

Did he just say "so the record will look good in the history books"?

Too late for that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard

Too late for that.
    It reminds me of a family on a long car ride bickering over what music to listen to on the radio or when to stop for a bathroom break.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Is the House always this raucous???

Get on -it's going nuts. They have a line of women representatives saying how wonderful this health act is...

and the other side keeps objecting, speaking over the remarks.

My head is reeling...
    Now I get it. People in support of the bill are asking to have their previous remarks re-edited to add new comments as a form fillibuster to prevent anti-Bill people from speaking.

Weird. We are in a lot of big, big trouble if these same people make decisions regarding immigration, etc.

Too late for that.
    Yes he did!

Dingell just did a Fruedian slip as well. Something like; while the remarks may compromise, (corrected himself) comprise ....

Millere, that is a very interesting thought.

What exactly does 'unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks...' mean?

It seems like the Republicans are just asking for a chance to speak and are not receiving that?

It most definitely sounds like a Monty Python sketch. With the minority side repeating 'parliamentary inquiry.'

Okay, now the Republican woman are speaking... 'job killing bill', 'crushing debt, ' 'raises taxes, '

Too late for that.
    He sure did...now the republicans are doing the same thing...I really think the Dems thought that they would get away with it...but the oppsing side isn't letting them

Kathyet

ELE

We have options.........

I can see why obama has been gathering a civilan military larger than our regular military because he probably knows that as he systematically takes away our rights and freedom that many states will want to sucede.

This is a very sad day in our history. I wish the Dems that were supporting this gov't take over would have to abide by the same Health care they are trying to stick us with.

Re: We have options.........

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    I wish the Dems that were supporting this gov't take over would have to abide by the same Health care they are trying to stick us with.

Nobody wants to describe the health care plan Congress has. You can be sure that they are all scared to death at the thought of having to go on a health care plan THAT THEY THEMSELVES HAVE WRITTEN FOR THEIR CONSTITUENTS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast