Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

William, need your help with the next Pres. This won't last. We can pull out of an 'agreement' any time we as a nation wants, like we did with the kyoto 'agreement'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dee
    Now that CAFTA has passed Bush will be signing the FTAA on December 31st.

I listened to the debate and cannot believe that these reprsentatives could simply ignore what was said by those that opposed CAFTA.

I think that those that were stalling on voting did so because they are cowards and didn't want to go on record as being for or against the agreement.

I am feeling too sick to sleep.....
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    The other two votes would be for us and then we would have a tie. I don't get what is going on here. They don't have a MAJORITY with 217, not of the House of Representatives.
    Here's what C-SPAN said :
    Now with the Republicans in the majority, of course, holding the gavel, they can close the vote at any time with the current vote count of 216 to 211. But if the ayes get to 218, that's a number that's a clear majority of the House members that are voting.
    So, apparently, the majority party can close the vote counting early. Getting to 218, a clear majority, is simply a nice-to-have. Yet, with the vote at 217 to 215 with 2 in the NV column, they couldn't afford to take that risk. So, they shut it down early. And that's democracy, I guess
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Quote Originally Posted by lost_mummy
    the vote at 217 to 215 with 2 in the NV column, they couldn't afford to take that risk. So, they shut it down early
    I guess the citizens of 2 states didn't have an opinion and weren't entitled to representation in Congress
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

How do we revolt, other than simply through voting?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dee
    Actually contrary to popular belief the United States of America is not a Democracy. We are in fact a Republic.

Which means that we elect representatives that are supposed to do what is in the best intrest of their Constituents.

Unfortunately our elected representatives seem to do what is in the best interest of a select minority (the corporations).

If the American people reelect those that betrayed our country in the 2006 election than shame on us!

What would happen if there was a 217 to 217 tie?

I think we just have 434 Reps now, because in Ohio there's a special election to replace the Rep Rob Portman, who coincidentally is now serving as the U.S. Trade Representative.

Read this interesting Salon article about the race in Ohio. You can get a one-day free pass to read the articles on the site.
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/ ... ex_np.html
    A Marine who fought in Fallujah is trying to become the first Iraq war vet to serve in Congress -- and give Democrats hope that Ohio is not permanently lost.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    How do we revolt, other than simply through voting?
    WE pray the Central Americans watched C-Span tonight or somehow get the details and FAILT TO RATIFY!

Three nations have not ratified it yet.

But this pushover Bush promising these Representatives stuff in their districts that he has no authority to deliver is sicko-wacko stuff...that is not OUR SYSTEM. American Tax Money can not be used that way, not by a President.

Oh, the answer someone's question about what if there was a tie?

I used to know this, I believe it is the Speaker of the House who votes and breaks the tie.

In the US Senate, guess who breaks the tie? Cheney--Senate Pro Tempore. UGH!!

I can hardly breathe.

Is anybody still up?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am awake, I am not in the mood to sleep.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast