Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Oh, the answer someone's question about what if there was a tie?

I used to know this, I believe it is the Speaker of the House who votes and breaks the tie.
    I got this email with this quote :
    CAFTA needn't win the support of a majority of Congress to pass, only a majority of those present at the time of a vote once a quorum of 218 members is established.
    And I guess, if Judy is correct, then if there's a dead tie, then the Speaker's vote rules. But my guess is the Speaker Dennis Hastert wouldn't like to go on record as being the deciding vote. It seems like Speakers rarely vote, so you have no idea where they stand, which is just they way they like it.

Thanks, Judy
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Dee
    Does it matter what if? CAFTA Passed let's not waste time speculating on what if's. Instead let's focus on what were are going to do to motivate the masses to get these people who voted for CAFTA out of office.

Taylor's not voting is a yes vote in my book. What a chicken. He couldn't even be a man and vote yes or no.

JP, you are going to Washington to take over one of these YEA's positions. Judy and William are going too, so try to relax and get some sleep. We have no other choice but to yank these YEA's out of D.C. on election day, and to replace them with decent, good Americans. I don't know what your educational background is, but do not worry, it is the message that you carry which will equal or surpass any other degree.

There's an irony here. They were so stupid to give away American's jobs, and lower their wages...and just to show HOW STUPID they are....they also put themselves in position to be voted out of their jobs as well.

Wow, these people are DUMB. We will give them honorary PhD's in Stupidity from the School of Hard Knocks.

Get some rest JP, your work and our work is not done. God Bless America. God Bless the NAYS of America. They have JOB SECURITY!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legal,
    Thanks for the kind words. I do have an article to write tonight. I also better start working on my campaign as NC congressman.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Correct Dee. Non-voters should save all boxes for packing up their books on stupidity which they will need to pack away on election day. How exciting!!! They're going home and will get to see all their old friends and relatives!!!

There is a silver lining in this for them. They KNOW they're not going to be re-elected IN ADVANCE....so it gives them a chance to save their bonus checks from GWB for voting YEA....and they will have a little nest egg to help them get settled in back home!! So...see..all is not lost. They have about a year to think about what their next line of work might be!! (Ah, that is unless....there are no jobs available for them)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dee
    Non-voters should save all boxes for packing up their books on stupidity

And to think Congress gave themselves a raise this year. I will definately do my best to help get the word about about all of those who voted Yes and those who didn't vote.

Next course of action is to get the word out about Bush's plans to sign the FTAA by December 31st. This will really seal the deal in regards to our loss of sovernity and the Codex.

YES. YES. YES. God Bless You, JP. Good to know THERE IS HOPE FOR THIS COUNTRY.

I think our work has just begun

We're all going to be campaign volunteers for those of you who are heading to D.C.

THIS is what makes America great. We are the HOME OF THE BRAVE It begins with a thought. The thought is the seed. If YOU and US nurture it.....it will grow and it will make the thought become a reality.

I cannot wait to read your article. Please post it ASAP. Goodnight JP.

OH YES...really as LegalUSCitizen keeps suggesting we do need to start getting serious on this subject! JP, NC Congressman TO DC....very very cool!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just want to say thank you to William , and all the folks here that worked against CAFTA. I called my rep today becuzz of it. I hope he responded, becuzz he was in the 'undecided' collumn.

I am very saddened by the passage of CAFTA, but it does show us a few things all over again.

This just helps prove once again that there is massive corruption in our Gov. Whenever 80% of the people agree on something, and that is not reflected by our Reps. vote, this can only mean one thing...power and money have corrupted.Being very conservative myself, it is just sickening to me that democrats were having my back today.

oldpreach,
    Thanks for your comments. I have slept very little in the past few days to try and defeat CAFTA. It is corruption that lead to it’s passage. I have to say for the democrats, they were by far some of the most passionate and engaging speeches I have heard in a long time. We are all ready for a change from the corruption and we will work to get them out of office.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast