Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yep....our country was brought to law and order during the old days with Possees. A Naton's gotta do what a Nation's gotta do!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've always wanted to be a member of a Posse! North Carolina sure qualifies as a state in desperate need of one and that's something we COULD do, Judy. I have two horses if you want to ride one!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Oh my....nothing would make me happier. When I was a little girl, my heroine was Annie Oakley!!

Lets Saddle Up, I'm ready to ride. I want to find that one that raped the little goat. That sucker is top of my list.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I LOVED Annie Oakley!!! She was my idol, too! I wanted to be able to twirl a pistol just like she did! You aren't old enough to remember Annie Oakley, Judy! I loved Hopalong Cassidy too. I had a Hopalong Cassidy watch! I was SUCH a tomboy!

Our first mission is to find that goat abuser. Ride 'em, Cowgirls!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

When I was a little girl, I saw her in a movie where she rode really really fast didn't use any hands to hold on because she was holding a rifle and shooting bulls eyes!

I was going to grow up to be her and marry Billie the Kid.

My little nephew is 9 and about 3 years ago when he was around 6 maybe 7, he and his older sister were watching some old movies on one of the stations. I walked in and he looks up real serious and says, Aunt Judy, when I grow up I'm going to marry that little girl.

I looked at the screen, and it was Shirley Temple.

I said, oh that's great and what made you decide that today? He says, "look at her, isn't she just the cutest sweetest girl you ever saw?" I said, I do believe she is.

Then about a year or so later, we were chatting and I asked him, who are you going to marry when you grow up? He said, Lucy. I said, Lucy? He says yeah, you know, I Love Lucy!! I said oh that's great and asked him what made you decide that today? He says, "she is so funny, I would be happy and laughing all the time."

Last year he and his sister came down to visit and they wanted to listen to some of their CD's. I asked them which one they wanted me to put into the CD player and before my niece could answer, my nephew said, "Elivs". I said Elvis Presley? He said, yeah! I looked at my niece and she said, "right Aunt Judy, we love Elvis". I said, okey dokey, found it and put it in. They knew every word to every song.

I asked them why do you kids like Elvis? My nephew quips, Aunt Judy just listen? Have you ever heard a more beautiful sound and listen to the words, aren't they just great?

Some people are just timeless.

Later that trip my niece was talking to me and she said Aunt Judy, I wish we'd been born in the 50's. I asked Why, Honey? She says, mmmm, I just think things were alot better back then.

This will be the first generation of American Children who before they complete elementary or middle school will see more good things in our past than they can anticipate in their future.

Um, Judy. It sounds like you are a GREAT Aunt! Would you, by chance, be spoiling those kids???

It is funny that a lot of the things that we liked have come back. Like beach music and shagging. And, those kids DO like to watch those old TV shows. But, I'm afraid your nephew is going to run into a slight problem when it comes time to marry Shirley Temple!!

Oh, yes--Annie did NOT have to hold onto the reins. Look, MA--NO HANDS!

Would you, by chance, be spoiling those kids???
    Every chance I get!!

I'm guilty of the same thing with my only grandson--the TEENAGER TYPE!

That's what Aunts and Grandmas do. Parents have the burden of discipline then we get to spoil them. But I try not to spoil them in a bad way. I try to be someone they can talk to about anything; someone they can have fun with; and learn some things as well. They are great kids and I love them to pieces. I see their road ahead as being much more difficult than ours and it makes me sad and worried for them.

What these children are facing is just the most frightening scenario imaginable. Gone are the days when a child was safe playing in his or her own yard.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast