Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Julikins 209--you need to chill dear. What is that post all about? Arnold, the Governor of California, standing out in a field with farm workers talking to them about "heat exhaustion"?

We liked Arnold, we supported Arnold, we emailed him cheering and applauding his support of the Minute Men.

Most of your farm workers in California are not legal immigrants even though there are programs for the farmers to use they don't use them because of the paperwork involved; and the reporting involved.

Farm workers know more about heat exhaustion than Arnold will ever know in a lifetime.

So, what do you think the point of this photo op was all about?

The farm industry is a major employer of illegal aliens. You know that don't you, Julikins? That's why there is an AgJobs Amnesty Bill in Congress trying to LEGALIZE 1,000,000 of them in the United States, you knew that didn't you Julikins? Many people including myself and others on this board made many phone calls, wrote many letters, send many faxes and worked that bill into DEFEAT. You knew that didn't you Julikins?

So now we see the farm workers with Arnold in the newspaper talking about the heat. Why not with the highway workers standing on hot pavement in the heat all day? Why not with factory workers in un-airconditioned plants with heat coming off the machinery added to the ambient heat with no wind sweat dripping off every inch of their bodies? Why not visit them and talk about the heat? Why not visit some roofers on hot asphalt shingles that heat up to 180 degrees in the sun and talk with them about the "heat". There are many jobs with workers at higher risk of heat exhaustion that farm workers in the open air free to move. There are many jobs with workers representing a mix of the population Arnold represents in California. There are old ladies and old men stuck in unairconditioned trailers that heat up to 95 and 100 degrees that die during heat waves from heat exhaustion. In fact, of all the deaths in the nation related to heat exhaustion, I HAVE NEVER HEARD ONCE OF A FARM WORKER DYING FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION...elderly in unairconditioned faciities are the people at risk of dying from heat exhaustion in the United States...in the cities, in the tall buildings with no air and no windows and in trailers lined up so close together in tight spots that no wind or air can get to them.

SO, if Arnold wanted to do some good with an appearance with a high risk heat exhaustion group, farm workers was probably not the right group.

THAT's why I thought Arnold was pandering. Do you have another reason for him to be out on the farm that day talking about the heat?

Maybe we were alittle hard on Arnold and for that I will be the first one to apologize to you and to Arnold. But we are almost out of time with this issue. There is no time for photo ops such as the one Arnold arranged with the farm workers.

AND, I appreciate your points about Arnold and his support of the Minute Men and bringing up about his having denied illegals driver's licenses. These were more important gains than the minor loss due to the farm workers photo op....and your point is well taken by me!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 6742949001[

Thank you Judy,

I did sound a little testy didn't I? Sorry about that. PMS I guess!!! I am a little sensitive to the whole farm industry issue and illegal aliens.

My husband is an American with Mexican descent. He grew up in the fields here in Stockton, CA picking Asparagus whatever else was being harvested, and so did all of his Aunts and Uncles. Which by the way are all Americans. His grandfather was a contractor who hired farm workers for the farmers. (He was also legal) and he would not hire a worker unless he could show proof that they were here legally.

I know there are a lot of illegals in the farming industry. I would have to be very naive not to know this. Especially here in Stockton where at least half of the population is of Mexican descent.

In your statement you said you had never heard once of a farm worker dying from heat exhaustion. Arnold was out in the fields because 5 farm workers died of heat exhaustion. (See attachment above) Not road workers and not old ladies.

I am sure if the road worker or old lady died he would have been pandering to them also (which by the way is what all politicians due) We have been experiencing a heat wave here that us spoiled Californians are not used to. I won't even go out in the flower bed to pick weeds, not even after the sun goes down.

Here in California at least half of the population is Hispanic. They are the ones working in the unairconditioned offices they are the highway workers, and I can guarantee you that 90%f of the roofers here in California are Hispanic; they are also the elderly with no air-conditioning. And if our Governor made an issue of all of these workers, he would have been pandering to a Hispanic.

My point here is that not all of these workers are illegal. And to assume that our Governor was pandering to illegals is just ridiculous.

If you want to bash someone bash our House speaker Fabian Nunez. I can think of no one I would rather see have heat exhaustion! This man is the epitome of Pandering. He thinks of only his people, (Hispanics) whether they are legal or not.

Mr. Swartzenger is not very savvy when it comes to politics, which is what I want. He may make mistakes but I do not believe he is in anyone’s pocket. Right now we are going to have a special election, hopefully if the Judges let us we will be voting on redistricting our state so that left wing liberal Democrats won't have such a stronghold. Most people don't know this but most Californians are Republicans. (I hope this isn't a bad word here) and the Democrats are spending Tax payers money like it was there own. One of my beefs is that it is estimated that there are over 400,000 illegals in our education system and the teachers union is whining that our teachers are not being paid enough and there is not enough supplies for our classes. I say WELL DUH!!!

Our LT. Governor, Cruz Bustamante will be running for Governor in our next election. This is who we should be bashing. If he wins because we bashed Arnold into no win senario then we might as well give California back to Mexico. This man scares the heck out of me. I would much rather have Arnold pandering to heat exhausted farm workers that let Mr. Bustamante become Govenor.

Thanks for letting me vent!

[Mod edit]

Please refrain from the personal attacks. I'm locking the discussion since everything has been said that needs said.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345