Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New consul to help county's Mexicans
    Immigrant rights 'is her strong suit'

By Norma de la Vega
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    January 14, 2008

"Mexicans living in the county have a new representative in San Diego.
    The Mexican government has appointed as consul-general MarÃ*a de los Remedios Gómez Arnau, who served in the same post in Atlanta for seven years.

Protecting immigrants “is her strong suit,â€
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    you'll be the one with the American Flag, right!!
    Dang right, you wont mistake my identity I'll be the one that speaks English.
    Speaks English in California? Don't you know that is no longer the language?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Bren, It looks like I escaped just in the nick of time.

Did anybody else think that the duties in that article more closely resembled that of a domestic policy than a foreign policy?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Me too!

As far as I'm concerned, California is LOST.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Me too!

I envy you guys for getting out of here! If it wasn't for my family I would be out of here too...I'm tired of trying to find people who still speak english here!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Me too!

I envy you guys for getting out of here! If it wasn't for my family I would be out of here too...I'm tired of trying to find people who still speak english here!
    I still feel like I am in a time warp, it is really strange being in a place where everyone (with one exception, so far) speaks English.

LOL, cayla! many people here would like to have your problem! LOL.

Give yourself a year. That's what I did. And then I just grew to love my new state.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Lou Dobbs is going to talk about Calif, 14 billion dallor debt today, I think he is going to really let Arnold have it
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Give yourself a year. That's what I did. And then I just grew to love my new state.
    You know, Idaho was on our short list. I have a sister there, she loves it. We went where there was an opening for my husband. I really think, at the end of the day, this is one of the best decisions we ever made.

You know, Idaho was on our short list. I have a sister there, she loves it. We went where there was an opening for my husband. I really think, at the end of the day, this is one of the best decisions we ever made.
    You will never regret it, it will be so much better for your little boy. I got my kids out of calif, in 1980 and never regreted it for 1 minute, they went to high school with out armed guards and one language spoken (English) The best part my granddaughter is in the same high school now and other than bigger it is the same.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast