Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Calling all Illinois activists -these laws need to pass!!

I was reading La Raza tonight and came across the article below -this is a translated version. We need to make some calls and send faxes to give these bills some life. The timing is right.

We need you in there! I just read about these possible bills. Do they have a chance in heck?? I saw this article in La Raza no less.

Stop anti-Laws

* | |
    * 2009-03-16 2009-03-16
    * | La Raza | La Raza

Agencia EFE

Chicago, IL

The state filed seven Senate bills labeled by anti-political organizations and defenders of undocumented immigrants in Illinois.

Senator Martin Sandoval, president of the Latino Caucus in the Legislature, said the proposals were not even heard in the full Senate.

"We have to stop proposals that seek only to harass a community worker, as are immigrants," Sandoval said, reporting that the Bills were referred to a subcommittee on Thursday.

According to the senator of Mexican origin, this cooperation reached by leaders of both chambers of the House Michael Madigan in John Cullerton of Representatives and the Senate.

The initiatives were submitted by the Republican Senators Carole Pankau, Chris Lauzen and Bill Brady, and the Harry Ramey representative.

"Everyone has a long history of anti fervor and they are not the first such proposals," said Sandoval.

The Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights Illinois (ICIRR), said that the proposals, if adopted, would have had a devastating effect among the undocumented immigrant population.

Other measures proposed to cancel the access of undocumented state health insurance All Kids, the coverage of emergency health services and opportunities for youth to gain access to state universities, including private scholarships.

A subcontractor who want to do business at the local, state or federal, they require information on the legal status of their employees through mandatory application of the federal E-verify program.

Senator Pankau explained one of the controversial initiatives to control Medicaid spending due to the state budget deficit of 9.000 billion dollars.

. In a public statement said that most of the deficit has been caused by an unprecedented rise in Medicaid spending. Try to match the income of the state and federal budget dollars, "he said.

He stated that without the appropriate documentation in programs like All Kids, the federal government is not going to share costs, "leaving Illinois to pay one hundred percent of the cost of health care for undocumented members."

His amendment stated that to be eligible for the benefits of All Kids, "a person must be a U.S. citizen or be in one of the categories of non-citizens."

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26hs%3Dlyl
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Fedup,

I'll pass the word.

I even found supports in the Illinois Tea Party group.

To save time: do you have fax / phone / emails for these state reps?

Also do know when the vote is?

The Illinois web page stinks, and has no individual info for these folks.
    (Unless I plain missed it)

Thanks again, good catch, now lets get it to fly.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

http://www.senatorcullerton.com/

Senator John Cullerton

john@senatorcullerton.com
    773-553-0770
    773-296-0993 fax

http://www.housedem.state.il.us/members/madiganm/

Michael J. Madigan
    (D-Chicago)
    22nd District

District Office
    6500 South Pulaski Road
    Chicago, IL 60629
    (773) 581-8000
    (773) 581-9414 (fax)
    Capitol Office
    300 State House
    Springfield, IL 62706
    (217) 782-5350

My rep. has a good rating from NumbersUSA. Mark Kirk

http://www.kirkforcongress.com/?q=

info@kirkforcongress.com

Office: 1007 Waukegan Road, Northbrook, Illinois 60062 map
    Mailing: P.O. Box 8, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
    Phone: (847) 513-9355 Fax: (847) 559-2940

If we can find the numbers of the bills, if assigned yet, there is a site to track their progress.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/

We can try searching by key word as well. Let's get digging.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of my contacts today said Representative Randy Ramey is helping to push these. Please contact him as well. Let's try to get the bill numbers so that we can track them.

Springfield Office:

213-N Stratton Building
    Springfield IL 62706
    217-558-1037
    217-558-3539 (Fax)

Local Office:

1883 N. Neltnor Blvd (Route 59)
    West Chicago IL 60185
    Get map and driving directions
    Maps by Rand McNally. Scroll down the page to "helpful links" to get driving directions.

630-876-0703
    630-231-3742 (Fax)

E-Mail:

staterepramey55@aol.com

more info on some bills to follow

Bill Status of HB5756 96th General Assembly

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillSta ... egID=37408

Synopsis As Introduced
    Amends the Unified Code of Corrections. Provides that upon admission of a committed person to a facility of the Department of Corrections or to a facility of the Department of Juvenile Justice and upon the discharge of such person from either such Department, each such Department, if it suspects that such person is an alien of the United States who is unlawfully present within the United States in violation of the federal Immigration and Nationality Act shall notify the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) of the admission or discharge of such alien from the facility.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/RepBills.asp?MemberID=1311

I'm still looking for the other bill's numbers.

96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
    State of Illinois
    2009 and 2010
    HB4142

Introduced 2/27/2009, by Rep. Harry R. Ramey, Jr.

SYNOPSIS AS INTRODUCED:

See Index

Creates the Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act and amends various Acts. Prohibits the transportation or concealment of illegal aliens, and makes a violation a Class 4 felony. Provides that an educational institution may issue an identification card only to a United States Citizen or national or a legal permanent resident alien; provides for exceptions. Requires State and local agencies to verify (i) the federal employment authorization status of all new employees and (ii) the lawful presence in the U.S. of applicants for public benefits. Directs the Attorney General to negotiate the terms of a Memorandum of Understanding between the State of Illinois and the federal government concerning the enforcement of federal immigration and customs laws in this State. Provides that an individual who is not lawfully present in the U.S. is not eligible for certain postsecondary education benefits. Provides that the Secretary of State may issue an Illinois Identification Card or driver's license or permit only to a United States Citizen or national or a legal permanent resident alien, with exceptions. Provides for withholding of Illinois income tax in connection with a failure to verify federal employment authorization. Requires a determination of the citizenship status of a person charged with a felony or DUI and confined in a municipal or county jail. Makes changes concerning an in-state tuition charge for non-citizen college and university students. Makes it a civil rights violation for an employer to discharge a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien while retaining an unauthorized alien hired after July 1, 2010. Makes other changes.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/96/HB/09600HB4142.htm

more info at link
    Call to support this bill

Actions
    Date Chamber Action
    2/27/2009 House Filed with the Clerk by Rep. Harry R. Ramey, Jr.
    2/27/2009 House First Reading
    2/27/2009 House Referred to Rules Committee
    3/4/2009 House Assigned to International Trade & Commerce Committee
    3/13/2009 House Rule 19(a) / Re-referred to Rules Committee

Okay, FedUp, I'll help out with this one in the morning.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Okay, FedUp, I'll help out with this one in the morning.
    You are amazing and thank you. I will go look up your posts as well. Have some time tomorrow.

OK Fedup, I got your state a focus campaign thread started....will update all this information on it in the morning with instructions so April can put an alert thread for your state too.

See illinois focus campaign thread!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-866684.html#866684
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Great Job fedupinwaukegan!!

Both in the find at LaRaza, and fantastic research and follow up!

I nominate you for the AILPAC activists of the year award!!

<div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast