Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can anyone give me a quick history lesson?

I have heard lots about how this is really Mexican land and we stole it from them after the war and blah blah blah, well, I know better than that and I know there wasn't that many people that were really Mexicans living in the Southwest. I think like only 1%? Please give me a quick and dirty history lesson so I can have some sort of information to fire at these idiots.

Banned
    Google 2 things...

The Republic of Texas

and

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

well what I think I know may be wrong!

What I remember from school is we Offered to buy it and when they refused we kicked their butts and took it. But I could be wrong so you might want to follow this link. History was not my best subject.

http://www.historyguy.com/Mexican-American_War.html

Hope it helps!
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Here is a history lesson:

I was born a black person in Houston, Texas in the year 1978. Since then I have not stolen anything from anyone. I do not owe anything to Mexico or any Mexcian. Also, the U.S. does not owe me anything on the basis of my anscetors being slaves. I was born free, and that's how it should remain. Free from guilt and free from debt I did not create.

I looked up Mexican history online. There were two Native American tribal groupings that occupied what is now the border area between the US and Mexico. The tribal groups were the Apache and the Yaqui, both of which still exist as independent tribes. Neither were conquered by the Spanish.

However most Mexicans are likely descended from the Aztec who occupied central Mexico, and of course the Spanish who invaded what is now Mexico starting in the early 1500's. There are also indigenous tribes in Mexico, such as the Yaqui.

There is an online map from the 1840's of Mexican settlement in what is now Arizona. This same map is in the "Aztlan" video:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_ ... o_1847.jpg

Mexicans were also in California obviously but to a much lesser extent apparently. After the Mexican-American war ended in 1847, Mexicans in the South-West became Americans - although I recall they weren't always treated very well by the respective legislatures.

Do a google on southwest+spain.

The southwest was Spanish territory.

A couple of things happened.

Mexicans don't know American History! Their territorial claims are a joke.

Texas was part of Mexico but mainly settled by Mexican priest trying to convert the American Indians(the original inhabitants). Americans were given land grants and they started setteling one location being the famous Austin(Stephen F.) Collony. Mexico started ignoring the rights of the settlers and they rebelled against Mexico. Joined by such other Americans from KY, TN, LA... Then came the Alamo, San Jacento... Texas gained its independence form Mexico. The Texas territory actually went up into Colorado... Texas was actually a territory of 6 countires.
    Texas Under Spain (From 1519-1685 & 1690-1821)
    Texas Under France (From 1685-1690)
    Texas Under Mexico (From 1821-1836)
    Texas as a Republic (From 1836-1845)
    Texas in the U.S.A. (From 1845-1861 & 1865-Present)
    Texas in the Confederacy (From 1861-1865)

There it is in a nutshell. Mexico controlled Texas for 15 years but it was collonized by Americans and Indians during that time. You have no claim to Texas.

There is a lot of History in California too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_California
    The Bear Flag was first raised on June 14, 1846, at Sonoma by a group of American settlers revolting against the rule of Mexico.
    Here are some of the main events:
    California’s Pre-European History
    California History – 1540-1820
    “Founding of San Francisco,” by Edward F. O’Day – 1776
    Founding of the Mission Dolores – 1776
    “Missions of the Spanish Era...,” by F. Gordon O’Neill
    Russians Settle at Fort Ross – 1812
    “Ranch and Mission Days of Alta California,” by Guadalupe Vallejo
    "Life in California Before the Gold Rush," by John Bidwell
    Mexican War and the Treaty of Guadalupe–Hidalgo – 1846-1848

Pretty Much, American Indians were here first, the Spanish, Europeans, even Russia and Mexico always trying to get a piece but only for a little while and then Americans!

I might add, during the Mexican American War, America marched on Mexico City and flew the American Flag on the capital building. That's real history and we have pictures to prove it. We are mighty and you do not belong here.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The southwest was claimed by the Spanish but by the time many Americans got there it was Mexican, after the Mexican war of independence which ended in 1821. The Spanish did send an expedition after Lewis and Clark, but soon after that the Mexican war for independence started.

However none of this really relates to the "Gringo's Out" campaign, as I call it.

Aztlan is a mythical land Mexicans are told belongs to them...Aztlan just happens to be most of America's Southwest....the Mexican-AMerican war 1846-48 we kicked their rears and paid $30 million dollars (at the time) for the privelage....so ...oh...there are no Aztecs left they killed themselves off by sacrificing all of their virgins

lots of interesting history of America period...brush up on it!

Bottom line...much like the island of Manhatten, the United States in the crux of it all purchased ANY RIGHTS Mexico had to said lands in question back in the 1800's for 15 million dollars as a part of a treaty signed between the two countries.

Now, after we took what was considered a wasteland and made it into something, they want to come in and lay claim to it, their ascertion being that a bad deal was made all those years ago.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast