Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote="Populist"]Thanks for the info Sosad. I've skimmed Foreign Affairs occasionally over the years, but haven't spent alot of time researching CFR. I admit I'm put off a bit at the sounds of a conspiracy theory, but you're right they probably don't have our best interests at heart. But even if Romney is a member, I don't think this is necessarily that bad as he's probably a member of many groups, boards etc. I'd have to see solid evidence to draw any conclusions.

Here is the CFR's views of the candidates on immigration. I've excerpted Romney, but the others are in the below link (and it doesn't sound like they're too pleased with Mitt

---------

Mitt Romney
    Romney has generally taken a hard-line approach to illegal immigration. He spoke out against the comprehensive immigration reform bill that stalled in Senate (NYT) in June 2007, calling it "a form of amnesty." (ABC)

Romney says the United States should implement an "enforceable employer verification system" using biometrically-enabled identification cards (PDF) for non-citizens. On the Bill O'Reilly Show in 2006, Romney said, “you have to have a tamper-proof document to make sure that people who are here [and] are aliens are identified and registered, and people cannot hire them unless they're here legally.â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't like this from the CFR (note, in pdf):

The Economic Logic of Illegal Immigration

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications ... nCSR26.pdf
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I don't like this from the CFR (note, in pdf):

The Economic Logic of Illegal Immigration

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications ... nCSR26.pdf
    Oh that is nothing "populist" they are not even hiding it anymore, they say they are not connected to the U.S, Government but check out how many officals are members, keep in mind Bush has been to three meetings with Mexico and Canada... Justice Breyer on the Supreme court is also a member and His brother is on the 9th circut court of appeals who just stopped the SS no match from going into affect. This gets really deep and has it has gone so far, it is hard to tell if we can even stop it now.

Pat Buchannan was on c-span yesterday morning talking about it and said they have been working on this for over 30 years, they are globalists with big corporate members, members of our government etc. who believe the one world order is really good for the world.

Check out the members list!!
    http://www.nndb.com/org/505/000042379/
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sosad, I see Fred Thompson is on that list, but he has a strong anti-illegal immigration plan (at least now he does). And Romney is not there. This is probably hard to answer, but what does it exactly mean to be "member" and what are their obligations, if any?

p.s. I'm turning in, "see" you tomorrow!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    There are several such groups as the cfr , The tri lat commission , the bilderburgers, and others ,

Some are tin foil hat stuff , some are not

Its clear there are forces at work for one world gov ,

I think though my question has been answered and all the statements
    made that Romney is a CFR member are false

Banned
    He may not be a member, but he is certainly a man who has said that illegals here now should 'register for citizenship'.

That's AMNESTY, no matter HOW you slice it!

DIS-QUALIFIED!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    He may not be a member, but he is certainly a man who has said that illegals here now should 'register for citizenship'.

That's AMNESTY, no matter HOW you slice it!

DIS-QUALIFIED!!!
    There is no doubt he is going to have to clairify that remark , but at least he is strong enforcement also

The part that people are not getting is that he is STRONG enforcement compared to the rest of them , Rudi , Huck , Hillary , Obama all want free
    amnesty with no enforcement period ,

I agree that a lot of whats going on is definitions, how one defines amnesty,

Paying back taxes , learning English , paying a fine , is amnesty if their definition is allowing illegals to "go to the back of the line" but are allowed to stay in this country

Romney or any president can't come right out and overnight say they are all "legal" , it would still have to go through congress, and the last time they tried to do that it didn't turn out so well for the open borders crowd.

I think Romney would be tough on them first and look at other options second ,
    I think we can raise enough noise to keep any amnesty or paths to citizenship from happening but we do need someone to get tough on them and get some attrician going , its working in Arizona and Oklahoma , It can work everywhere

Banned
    Keep in mind also

Romney and Tancredo where the first 2 to come out against
    Spitzers drivers license plan ,

Huck , Rudi and the Dems were silent on it for over a week

No one has mentioned that Duncan Hunter is also NOT a member of the CFR!!!

TexasGal

Banned
    Not being CFR is a plus in anybodies column

The sad part is though it only has meaning to us , the people
    that follow this stuff day by day

Joe and Jane 6 pack would have a clue if you ask them
    about the CFR

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast