Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can You Ask for Proof of Citizenship When you Eat?

Where I live, there are a ton of Mexican restaraunts and other places that hire Mexicans.. Many of those who are Mexican working in these places can't speak English or have broken English.. Most of the time, they have several Americans waiting tables, while the non-English speaking Mexicans clean tables or cook. But sometimes, I get a Mexican waiter and I just wonder if he legal or not, most of the time, they don't know but a few words, (i.e. number 1, number 3, coke, beer, etc).. I never leave them a tip though, dont want my money to be funnelled back to Mexico for their family.

But just curious if it's possible to ask the management of the restaraunt if they can show this person is a legal citizen or not

I'm not sure, but I don't think that is possible since personnel records are private.

You could slip one of our new flyers found on the homepage up in the bathroom the next time you visit. That might be interesting.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I'm not sure, but I don't think that is possible since personnel records are private.

You could slip one of our new flyers found on the homepage up in the bathroom the next time you visit. That might be interesting.

W
    That would be funny, IF one of them actually goes in and WASHES their hands.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

think I might do that

Along those same lines.........if I hire a company to come do some carpeting or flooring in my home, do I have the right to ask the company whether they hire day workers and illegals? Do I get to know who comes into my home to do work?

IF one of them actually goes in and WASHES their hands.
    I guess THEY could take a few lessons from your new little "friend". Its hands look spotless!

Do you really believe that the management would TELL YOU if they WEREN'T LEGAL?? Besides, you KNOW they would have used fake documents to get the job in a place like that. I would think they would HAVE to have a Social Security card for a job like that as opposed to a construction job or landscaping job or housekeeping job where they would probably be paid under the table.

That would be a good idea to leave the flyer. I just wonder how many people are really going to be INTERESTED OR are they JUST BLISSFULLY IGNORANT???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

That would be a good idea to leave the flyer. I just wonder how many people are really going to be INTERESTED OR are they JUST BLISSFULLY IGNORANT???
    Well, no one here can say one way or another if the flier will be ignored more times then it's read. But it would definitely be a eye opener in places around my city.

Other thing is, curious why an ad can't be placed in a newspapers concerning illegal aliens? Or is there a lot of red tape and cost to do so?

Re: Can You Ask for Proof of Citizenship When you Eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    Where I live, there are a ton of Mexican restaraunts and other places that hire Mexicans.. Many of those who are Mexican working in these places can't speak English or have broken English.. Most of the time, they have several Americans waiting tables, while the non-English speaking Mexicans clean tables or cook. But sometimes, I get a Mexican waiter and I just wonder if he legal or not, most of the time, they don't know but a few words, (i.e. number 1, number 3, coke, beer, etc).. I never leave them a tip though, dont want my money to be funnelled back to Mexico for their family.

But just curious if it's possible to ask the management of the restaraunt if they can show this person is a legal citizen or not
    Truism,

I like your idea of asking management but like the ideas of leaving the flyers in out-of-the-way places such as bathrooms better, because they won't know who left them (unless there are some security cameras - let's not get paranoid yet in public bathrooms).

I've liked Mexican food for many years myself and notice as the years go by the staff seem to be able to speak less and less English and other than the owners/managers, the general staff seem less and less friendly too. I just don't eat out as often as I did in the past - especially not where the staff don't speak any or much English and don't seem to care if I exist or not (tips depend on attitude )

Now that there's the flyer to pass around, I'm going to have to eat out a little more than normal at places where I think illegal aliens might be working and I'll have to make sure to visit the bathrooms w/flyer.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by gingerurp
    Along those same lines.........if I hire a company to come do some carpeting or flooring in my home, do I have the right to ask the company whether they hire day workers and illegals? Do I get to know who comes into my home to do work?
    It's your money that you get to spend instead of gov't. Yes, ask and let them know that you do not want any illegal immigrants on your property.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have an interesting question. Let's say you ARE going to hire someone to do work in your home and you ask to see ID PROVING citizenship. COULD AN INDIVIDUAL access that system that our flyer talks about to verify any information that a potential worker gave you????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast