Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chamber of Commerce President, McAllen TX

The president of the Chamber of Commerce in McAllen, TX was quoted in this article,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061027/ap_ ... er_fence_2

A fence "sends the message that you're not wanted or you're not welcome. I know I would be insulted," said Steve Ahlenius, president of the McAllen Chamber of Commerce. And he questioned whether a fence would even work: "Human instinct is that if you have a 10-foot fence, you're going to find an 11-foot ladder."

Here is my email to him:

I guess if a fence sent this kind of message to an illegal immigrant then it would be doing it's job, wouldn't it? Are you saying that these people are wanted and welcome in your city? If so then maybe you should be concerned with the "aiding and abetting" portions of our immigration law.

I have attached one of our ALI-PAC flyers here. I hope soon every employer will have these posted on their premises. Maybe we could even drop off some for you at the Chamber if you like.

Have a nice weekend,

Jody McIntyre

If anyone else would like to contact Mr. Ahlenius, (please do!) his information follows:

Steve Ahlenius
    President & CEO
    McAllen Chamber of Commerce
    P.O. Box 790
    McAllen,TX78505-0790
    phone: (956) 682-2871
    fax: (956) 687-2917
    steve@mcallenchamber.com

WELCOME ArroyoMan

Glad you shared your letter with us and nice to have you join the fight!!
    Can see you've already jumped in and gotten your feet wet, lol.

BTW, don't ya just love that "chamber of illegal, non-American commerce?"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A fence "sends the message that you're not wanted or you're not welcome. I know I would be insulted," said Steve Ahlenius
    That's right.....the illegals, drug traffickers, smugglers, criminals are NOT wanted and are NOT welcome! Fences are built to protect property and people from undesirable elements. It is NOT an unwelcoming symbol to those who are law-abiding, only those with ill-intentions!

Thanks guys! I do love the "Hispanic" chamber thing. Makes me confused, I'm not sure which one to join, lol. No really, I think it would be better for any community to have only one Chamber of Commerce. They sure as hell would get more done that way. I mean, can you imagine a day when 6 different Chambers all call you looking for a sponsorship? Gimme a break!

I hope to meet some decent people here, been watching the posts for a little while now and figured it was my turn...

Welcome to our fight,ArroyoMan, hoping you can find some kindred spirits here to help you, it is a good bunch here.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

sent him an email as well.....
    ...by a nose!