Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

change.org has cheated!

This is a letter I just sent to Mr. Gheen.

Dear Mr. Gheen,

Something is rotten on President-Elect Obama's website, www.change.gov! Let me explain, please:

I have been keeping track of the immigration enforcement idea which ALIPAC pointed out at www.change.gov recently. The issue received many votes, topping over 1,100 the last time I looked which was in the evening on December 31, 2008. In fact, the enforcement idea on that website was, then, in second place and from what I could discern, it was still receiving votes.

I am also on a mailing list for the Immigration Solidarity Network ("ISN"), signing up under the belief that it is better to keep as close an eye as possible on the antics of the pro-amnesty crowd and this is one way to do it. At 8:31 p.m. on December 31, 2008, an email came to me from ISN, a letter from policy@nclr.org urging everyone to go to www.change.gov to vote for pro-illegal alien/amnesty ideas because "nativists" had taken over the issue. In support of their claim that "nativists" had "gotten hold of" the campaign, they provided a copy of ALIPAC's notice which had been sent out the day before. Please let me know if you would like me to forward this letter from NCLR and I will immediately do so.

As you know, the three "ideas" in different categories with the most votes would "win" as the top 10 ideas for America. Today, the enforcement idea is NOWHERE TO BE SEEN among the 3 winning ideas under Immigration! The current second place idea has only 1,011 votes, far behind the more than 1,100 votes the pro-enforcement idea had late on the evening of 12-31! Is there any way to investigate this and/or publicize the unscrupulous, deceitful behavior of NCLR and Change.gov?

Sincerely,

Welcome Tish! I understand your frustration, but www.change.gov is not Obama's website. If you type in http://change.gov you will get the official website of the transition team. While I have not investigated the www website is a scam, IMO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    While I have not investigated the www website is a scam, IMO.
    Their actions in removing the enforcement idea rather than allowing Americans to have their say is proof that it's a scam.

Thanks for the welcome, Vortex.

Welcome Tish! I understand your frustration, but www.change.gov is not Obama's website. If you type in http://change.gov you will get the official website of the transition team. While I have not investigated the www website is a scam, IMO.
    Don't they both go to the same place?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Don't they both go to the same place?
    It should say change.org is not Obama's website.

You didn't really expect them to be honest!!???

Oooops....

You're right, Vortex. It was www.change.org, not change.gov. Sorry 'bout that!

Change.org is phony just like Obama's "birth certificate".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's Change.gov This is the website of the Obama transition team. The govt. first rejected their request for the .gov designation because it was "political." The www is a standard designation that means world wide web. It's a part of all websites whether it's visible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    You didn't really expect them to be honest!!???
    Yes, I did, stupid me. Change.ORG says nothing about not being Obama's website and displays on the homepage, "What's your idea for how the Obama Administration should change America?" I think many people mistakenly believe this is Obama's website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast