Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chicano Forums - check out this posting rule

I was cruising the Chicano Forums today, and discovered this rather interesting posting rule (see #7)

RULES FOR POSTING - CHICANO FORUMS
    http://www.chicanoforums.com/forums/ind ... boardrules
    1) Please try to stay on topic.

2) Please do not spam our boards.
    This means:

Please do not join just to post your link*.
    0ne (1) link in your signature is customary.
    Please add upcoming events to our calendar.
    Members may submit an unlimited number of links to our links section.
    3) Please try to find the best forum for your topic.

4) No member to member personal attacks or insults.

5) Please do not post personal information about others.
    This means residential or work addresses, telephone numbers etc.

6) Please credit the author / organization or provide a link to your source.
    This means that if you post an article then you must credit the author. It is also preferable that you add the link to the web page that you got the article from.

7) The words "illegal(s)" and the phrase "anchor babies" are unacceptable in our discussion forums; However, some contexts are allowable such as in prose, poetry and certain discussions where they are not used in an inflammatory or contemptuous manner.

Disclaimer:
    The opinions expressed and the articles posted on this board are solely those of the author and should not be misconstrued as the sentiments, sympathies or opinions of ChicanoForums.com or any staff member(s). These forums are for entertainment, discussion, study and analytical purposes only
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rule #7 would count out 90% of our postings. We'd have to start using: undocumented Americans, undocumented workers, workers without papers, babies of undocumented mothers, babies of mother workers without papers, babies of undocumented mother workers of America....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar
    The good news is they forgot to exclude:

Criminals, freeloaders, aliens, pedophiles, racists, murders, ingrates, communists and gang bangers to name a few.

Maybe we can use 'SINKER" babies

What.....undocumented workers in which many undocumented don't work and lets see.....children born on American soil from undocumented parents. Sound nicer? Probably don't like undocumented either. Maybe document free..... As far as I'm concerned what they ban is about as nice as I can get. It is what it is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about invaders, border-jumpers and instant meal tickets, can we use those??? Give me a break.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

I find it funny that on those pro-illegal forums they get all touchy about terms like "anchor baby" and "illegal aliens" and yet they don't hesitate to call us xenophobes, racists, rednecks, mayonaise militia, johnny sixpac, etc. I find those terms much more insulting and false than the terms of anchor baby and illegal alien which do fit the bill. In fact illegal alien is the term our government uses to describe those in this country without papers. The term anchor baby means that an illegal had a baby on our soil and therefore anchored themselves unto our country.

I also find it insulting when they say this country belongs to them in spite of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hildago and the 15 million that was paid to Mexico for some southwestern states. Or that those of European ancestry are here illegally even though their families have been here since it's founding or arrived legallly through Ellis Island. The pro-illegals are nothing but a bunch of truth-spinners and hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory

I also find it insulting when they say this country belongs to them in spite of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hildago and the 15 million that was paid to Mexico for some southwestern states. Or that those of European ancestry are here illegally even though their families have been here since it's founding or arrived legallly through Ellis Island. The pro-illegals are nothing but a bunch of truth-spinners and hypocrites.
    People should realize that this 15 million (paid in the mid 19th century) would be equivalent to $313 million in 2006 dollars (wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_ ... pe_Hidalgo). We also give
    65 million dollars to Mexico in FREE foreign aid a year (and we have been for the last 20 years).
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    People should realize that this 15 million (paid in the mid 19th century) would be equivalent to $313 million in 2006 dollars
    Actually including the Gadshen purchase we paid them about $30 million, equal to almost $1 billion today. $1 billion for undeveloped dirt that was mainly controlled by Indians!

Spoken like a true Liberal. As long as it is "art" then it's not offensive.

Dixie

AND IT WASNT REALLY THEIRS TO SELL. THE SPANISH TOOK IT FROM THE INDIANS WHO WERE THERE AT THE TIME.

AND ....LET'S SEE WHO ARE THE DECENDENTS OF THE SPANISH? OH THATS RIGHT....LATINOS. SO THEY REALLY HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK.

LIKE USUAL, IT WAS OK FOR THEIR ANCESTORS TO TAKE THE LAND FROM THE AMERICAN INDIANS...BUT WHEN OUR ANCESTORS TOOK IT .....OR BOUGHT IT FROM THEIR ANCESTORS, THEN SUDDENLY IT'S A PROBLEM.

SO IN TRUE FORM, THEY ARE SAYING WHAT IS OK FOR THEIR ANCESTORS TO DO IS NOT OK FOR OUR ANCESTORS.

FINALLY, WITH ALL OF THEIR COMPLAINING ABOUT THE UNFAIRNESS TO THEIR ANCHOR BABIES, THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THAT OUR BIRTHS HERE DONT MEAN ANYTHING.

AGAIN, THEIR ANCHOR BABIES HAVE RIGHTS, AND OUR AMERICAN BORN CITIZENS ARENT SUPPOSE TO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast