Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: chickens in the city

Quote Originally Posted by pandabear
    OK so here is a new one for me. I saw an hispanic woman trying to round up 5 chickens on a busy street in my neighborhood. She finally caught them all put them in their cage and went back into the apartment building (which are all 1 bedroom apts.)

Well I am horrifed that their is live poultry running lose in my neighborhood and I live in a city. So I call the code enforcement man (only 1 code enforcement officer for entire city 30,000+ people). He tells me I have to know the apartment number of where the chickens came out of. I tell him how the heck would I know I gave you the building address, I don't live in that building. I would rather be homeless. I also tell him what times I and neighbors have seen these chickens. And not to mention the building has 80+ 1 bedroom apts full of illegals. So I tell him if you were to do your job you would find many other housing and health violations. He basically told me he would take a walk down my street and if he saw the chickens he could do something as far as the other stuff his hands ouor tied. So I said then why even have this department. You oviously are the resource, you have the power with aid of police to inspect the building and that includes inspecting apartments according to the city ordinance.

He had no answer and said not much I can do in this situation.

I was fuming at this point and told him I might bring this to a newspaper. City officials not doing their jobs that taxpayers pay for.

This is insane.

Has anyone else experienced this live poultry business in your city?
    pandabear
    You should have told that person to go to the super of that building, supers usually know what goes on in the building.

What I think you should do is call the Board of Health. I think this has more to do with a health issue. What a disgrace! I love chickens, but they don't belong in an apartment

Seems to me in this day and age with the Bird flu scare, the animal shelter would be scurring to get these chickens out of the city! If they won't do the job, you can always become a chicken thief! I could not stand chickens running around loose, nasty!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I live in a suburban neighborhood in San Diego. My neighborhood is NOT in a rural area. When the housing prices in Southern California skyrocketed about 5 years ago, long-time homeowners saw a lot of money to be made and sold their homes to move up. Unfortunately, the people who bought their homes are mostly investors who have rented primarily to illegal aliens (all Hispanics).

Every day, all day long, I listen to roosters crow. I've called the health department, and the city....neither cared.

My husband and I will be moving at the beginning of next year.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Did you try to call the HUMANE SOCIETY, may as they work to protect the animals maybe they will take care of them.(they won't care for people maybe they will care for the animals).

minnie asked:
    Did you try to call the HUMANE SOCIETY, may as they work to protect the animals maybe they will take care of them.(they won't care for people maybe they will care for the animals).
    I don't think I have a legitimate complaint for animal control or the humane society. I have no idea if the chickens are being mistreated.

I also filed a noise complaint, but was told I have to get at least 3 neighbors who live at least two houses away from the chickens to also sign the complaint. Well, considering that most of my neighbors are illegals, I seriously doubt anybody's going to sign my complaint.

It's futile. Moving is the only answer.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Tell them the chikens are being mistreated, because they cannot live in a building (poor them... ) it's a chance to get rid of the chikens.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie

HUMANE SOCIETY for chickens? Chickens are eatable, I doubt they would care about it.

americangirl
    Call the humane society back and tell them, you are so stressed out at being awakened by these chickens every day, you are afraid you are going to have a moment of temporary insanity and are going to wring the necks of all these chickens if something is not done about these chickens! Of course then you leave yourself wide open to personal attack by the liberal newspapers and reporters by making murderous threats to these poor illegal chickens in your neighborhood! You will be accused of being racist toward these poor animals. Sleep deprivation is a serious illness in america surely somewhere you could find a lawyer to defend you in court if you went on a rampage and killed all these chickens. :P :P americangirl, I am not laughing at you here, I hate chickens and if I lived in your neighborhood, it would probably be a whole lot quieter, then again, I can be a sneaky Indian when the occasion calls for it!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I use to watch their programs and I know they care for any animal, but don't tell You are going to heart them , they can really arrest you, tell them they are been abused because inside an apartment is not a place "helthy" for them. (the chikens).
    If our authoryties don't care for us,for the chikens they will I'll bet you.

You guys are cracking me up!!

The other day there was a rather large tortoise (about the size of a CD) walking along the middle of the road. I picked it up to get it out of the middle of the road, and this Mexican woman came running toward me babbling something in Spanish. She was very distressed and probably thought I was stealing her tortoise. I couldn't help but wonder if they eat tortoises too!!! (Poor tortoise).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast